GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Default NEW BRP Online Spyder Magazine

Looks like BRP has a new online mag called WOW. The first page links to Spyder communities and forums all over the world. (Notice which one gets the top spot?! Way to go, Lamont!)

http://www.brp-wow.com/ie8/en/topstory2.php

I'm not sure where they are going with this, but the first edition is kind of a cool peek behind the scenes at some of the people key to inventing and developing the Spyder. Some of you may have met Denys LaPoint (Exec VP of Design and Innovation) at Durango. He's the first person profiled.

The navigation on the page was a little vague so here are some tips I picked up just by clicking around...

• You change pages by the little arrows on the left
    • You can open up more stories from around the world and for other BRP powersports products by clicking the little squares/box on the upper left.
    • Clicking the Community links takes you straight to their websites.

Kind of cool.

BRPWow Mag.jpg

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Apparently it doesn't like Internet Explorer. It says I should update my browser...which is the latest version of IE. They don't say what they want, though. I'm not buying a MAC just for BRP.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool..now could they just get the 2013 brochure link corrected on the main web site?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Apparently it doesn't like Internet Explorer. It says I should update my browser...which is the latest version of IE. They don't say what they want, though. I'm not buying a MAC just for BRP.
    Hmmm...I got the same message, but it let me through just fine.

Spyder Garage

Did the same thing on my Mac, just close the box and it should be fine.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

Faran- Thank You for the link...

Spyder Garage

I got the same message in Firefox but I clicked through and it opened anyway. Just for kicks I tried it in Safari and got the same message again, so it doesn't like the Apple browser either.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got a orange screen.. ohh no, I have and RS without a color screen.. all one has to do is ignore the update your browser message, and good to go..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe they are using the same software designer for the web-mag that does their Spyder software

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Same msg on the iPad but just click through it.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    Maybe they are using the same software designer for the web-mag that does their Spyder software

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    Maybe...but it may be accurate.

Spyder Garage

Despite the other error message, I could access the whole site on my iPhone and usually none of their stuff works on mobile phones. The articles even had a Reader option that opened up an easy-to-read version. That's an improvement.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool East Texas Ryder

car show & Can-am 032.jpgWOW, COOL, GREAT, FANTASTIC, what else can I say. First our own section on Syderlovers.com for RS-GS, ST, RT, models and now our own online magazine.
    Last edited by michael88; 10-04-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yes, I got through the error message. But am I missing something here? All I am seeing is a commercial on every page. Not my idea of a magazine. I'll keep watching though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Yes, I got through the error message. But am I missing something here? All I am seeing is a commercial on every page. Not my idea of a magazine. I'll keep watching though.
    Not sure what you were looking at, this is incredible, I spent 25 minutes reading about so many different things going on in the world of S P Y D E R, and not once felt I was in a commercial trap or zone. Truly outstanding job by the Editors

thanks for sharing this Faran, it does take some navigation, but they really did such a great job!
    This is my kinda magazine, heck even the calendar of events was cool. And how about ..........ahh I gotta get back to reading, did I say I love it!

ticketbait
    Last edited by TicketBait; 10-05-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Spelling name typo

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yeah, all I am seeing (in the Spyder section) are the BRP staff comments, but no 'articles' per se...

Spyder Garage

I got the same message using my apple iMac, clicked that off and everything works fine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They need to add a translator tool so we can read all the forums...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Looks like BRP has a new online mag called WOW. The first page links to Spyder communities and forums all over the world. (Notice which one gets the top spot?! Way to go, Lamont!)

http://www.brp-wow.com/ie8/en/topstory2.php

I'm not sure where they are going with this, but the first edition is kind of a cool peek behind the scenes at some of the people key to inventing and developing the Spyder. Some of you may have met Denys LaPoint (Exec VP of Design and Innovation) at Durango. He's the first person profiled.

The navigation on the page was a little vague so here are some tips I picked up just by clicking around...

• You change pages by the little arrows on the left
    • You can open up more stories from around the world and for other BRP powersports products by clicking the little squares/box on the upper left.
    • Clicking the Community links takes you straight to their websites.

Kind of cool.

BRPWow Mag.jpg
    To Navigate the different articles and features click on the upper top left box of squares that is circled. and then move your cursor over the different choices outlined and see what interests you.

Scotty, Try out google chrome as a browser, suppose to work better

lookerjdc
    yeah, all I am seeing (in the Spyder section) are the BRP staff comments, but no 'articles' per se...
    Ok it's the first issue, and after a closer look is lacking in articles, Only have Fueling Passion and Pride That pertains to the Spyder, in addition letting us know who they are, with the Dream Made Legend and a word from the editors.

However it does say for us to contribute for future quarterly stories and lists all the people that contributed to this alphabetically:
    Valerie Bridger, Chris Dawson, Danielle De Lange, Fernando Del Villar, Johanne Denault, François Duval, Manon Fournier, Adilson Gaspar, Bruno Girouard, Etienne Guay, Arlen Herrera, Maksym Ivanenko, Victoria Jorda, Marc R. Lacroix, Aymeric Lanier, Denys Lapointe, Guillaume Longpré, Kerry-Jane Lowery, Steve Mandis, Daniel Mercier, Adam Paradis, Kym Pardey, Sebastien Richard, Olaf Veltman, Jenny Zammit.

Oh well just my take.

TicketBait

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glitches and all; Thanks Faran!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Smile

It don't like Firefox either, Scotty.

Pogo.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
    It don't like Firefox either, Scotty.

Pogo.
    Well, apparently it doesn't like anybody, from the comments. This must be a new thing...an anti-social social media site.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is that kind of like, "Military Intelligence"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black