Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default service intervals

Ok i know this has been on here before cant find it. Im taking my rt to the dealer to have 3000 mile service done it has old oil filter. So the question it what will the next oil change interval change to is it every 4600 miles now so next oil change will be 7600 miles? With new oil filters thanks for the help in advance

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Youshould have received a new service interval in the mail. They're the exact same pages as in the owners manual, but with the new intervals. I didn't get mine until after my service visit, so I'm wondering if it is triggered by the dealership updating your information to show you have the new filters / covers...

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by antd929 View Post
    Ok i know this has been on here before cant find it. Im taking my rt to the dealer to have 3000 mile service done it has old oil filter. So the question it what will the next oil change interval change to is it every 4600 miles now so next oil change will be 7600 miles? With new oil filters thanks for the help in advanc
    Once you have the new filter installed ,Then you can go 4,600 miles between each oil change.
    So for you yes, If someone just had the 600 mile with the new filter the next change for them would be 5,200 miles..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Math...
    math.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default service intervals

Aliens don't wear hats???

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks

Awesome thanks guys i did recive my new booklet just was hard to figure out having the old filters

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Once you have the new filter installed ,Then you can go 4,600 miles between each oil change.
    So for you yes, If someone just had the 600 mile with the new filter the next change for them would be 5,200 miles..
    can you go 4600, or is it 4600 when the next service needs to occur?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default service interval

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    seems to mee its 4600 after your oil was last changed witch it what i thought was just checking for my own curiousity i guess i was second guessing my self

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    4600 between oil changes, After the new filters are installed.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Your service interval with old filters installed is (approximately) 3000 miles after the last service. The interval with new filters is 4600 miles after the last similar service. Each service interval is added to the last time that particular type of service was done. Depending on when filters were changed, this could make the mileage where existing Spyders are serviced vary. If they changed your filters at 600 miles, the next service is usually at the 4600 miles (although technically you can go to 5200 for service items performed at 600). Most people just ignore the 600 for simplicity and do the next change at 3000/4600. If they changed the filters at 3000, the next service would be at 7600 miles, then 12,200, etc. Keep in mind that it doesn't hurt to change the oil and service the Spyder a bit earlier to keep the math simple. There is going to be considerable confusion about this in the dealerships, I'm afraid. I'd round down to the closest thousand each time, I think, just to keep things simpler.

Spyder Garage

I'm going to shoot for the 4000 mile change but if it runs over a bit I won't worry about it. I keep a small note book in the frunk and write down the milage at each change and the amount of oil added between changes.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just had my 600 mile check up done at 717 miles. Service person told me my next one is at 4600 miles.

Carl