Thread: 2010 recall?

Spyder Garage

Default 2010 recall?

Has anyone heard about the 2010 recall? Something about the brake? And is this for all 2010 models or just some select ones?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyD2 View Post
    Has anyone heard about the 2010 recall? Something about the brake? And is this for all 2010 models or just some select ones?
    Here..... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...14-2010-Recall

And here.....
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Brake-Failure

I am going to see my competant and reliable dealer/service department today and have mine checked out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Here..... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...14-2010-Recall

And here.....
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Brake-Failure

I am going to see my competant and reliable dealer/service department today and have mine checked out.

Ok. Thanks much for the info

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyD2 View Post
    Ok. Thanks much for the info
    From what I can make out, its all of the 2010 RT spyders. Going for more info at my dealer today.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

From what I can make out, its all of the 2010 RT spyders. Going for more info at my dealer today.
    I'll be surprised if they have it yet. The final notice and the notification letter are not even on the NHTSA site yet. The dealer is likely as much in the dark as the rest of us until BRP makes it official.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2010 Recall

I read the notice on recall and it was for the Canada 2010 RT Spyders only on the BRAKE linkage coming loose.It did not say anything on our American RT Spyders. But It would not hurt to check the BRAKE pedal out, to make sure it is tight to the mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I'll be surprised if they have it yet. The final notice and the notification letter are not even on the NHTSA site yet. The dealer is likely as much in the dark as the rest of us until BRP makes it official.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Baughman View Post
    I read the notice on recall and it was for the Canada 2010 RT Spyders only on the BRAKE linkage coming loose.It did not say anything on our American RT Spyders. But It would not hurt to check the BRAKE pedal out, to make sure it is tight to the mounting.
    All Spyders are Canadian. The notice posted on the NHTSA site would indicate that there is a US recall to follow. Stay tuned...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My dealer/service department that i use is very pro-active on anything like this. They will read the reports on the web and look for issues. Just wish all dealers felt this way about thier customers. Its just a shame that its on the NHTSB site already and on Spyderlovers BEFORE the owners have been notified.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

My dealer/service department that i use is very pro-active on anything like this. They will read the reports on the web and look for issues. Just wish all dealers felt this way about thier customers. Its just a shame that its on the NHTSB site already and on Spyderlovers BEFORE the owners have been notified.
    It is alway going to be on the NHTSA site first. That is where it is filed, and the documents are posted as they acrue. The owner notification letter wasn't even filed yet, at last peek, so the owners certainly would not have been notified yet. Even then, the notification has to be submitted and approved, so the owners are always the last to know.

Spyder Garage

my 2010 RT is on service in the moment - wanted to pick her up last weekend - 230 miles away one way !!

Don`t understand why BRP is not able to bring things like that in the same second here on the spyderlovers page - maybe with some pics -.. a problem with the brakes its not a Limb-mode story
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

, so the owners are always the last to know.

Except when they are spyderlovers!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here is the NHTSA Alert

• CAN-AM / SPYDER RT

• Manufacturer:

BOMBARDIER MOTOR CORP.

• Mfr's Report Date:

APR 10, 2012

• NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number:

12V159000

• NHTSA Action Number:

N/A

• Component:

SERVICE BRAKES, AIR:CONTROLS:FOOT CONTROL

• Potential Number of Units Affected:

• Summary:

BOMBARDIER RECREATIONAL PRODUCTS INC. (BRP) IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 SPYDER RT ROADSTERS. A PIN SECURING THE BRAKE PEDAL CONNECTING ROD COULD DISENGAGE AND FALL OFF.

• Consequence:

IF THIS OCCURS, A TOTAL LOSS OF MAIN BRAKE FUNCTION COULD RESULT WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING. THERE IS AN INCREASED RISK OF A CRASH POSSIBLY RESULTING IN INJURY OR DEATH.

• Remedy:

BRP WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE BRAKE PEDAL CONNECTING ROD PINS FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE APRIL 16, 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BRP AT 1-888-638-5397.

• Notes:

CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.