Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

For the chicks. Why else?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and he needs all the help he can get.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    and he needs all the help he can get.
    Damn right I do! 😖

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SAFETY

It was all about safety and the fact that I am not as young as I once was. And believe me, I feel very safe on the I would not ride at night on two wheels, but I feel very good about riding at night now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I told my wife I was buying a Spyder or getting a girlfriend, she told me the Spyder would be cheaper and safer!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had never owned or even rode a MC before. One night I was looking at the Spyders on ebay and reading about it. This was first time even looking at Spyder but I liked what I was seeing. My wife walked up and looked over my shoulder and said "I suppose you want one of those?" I told her about the safety features, etc. To my supprise my wife said "Why don't you get you for your birthday?" Well, when your wife says you can go out and spend $17,000 you don't wait for them to change their mind. Next day I picked out my GS on the way home from work. The following day we wrote the check and had it delivered. I didn't have a license so my new Spyder had to set in the garage for a few weeks before I was able to ride for the first time.

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady
    Spyder Garage

We love ours. Had the Honda VTX for 4 years and traded it in on the Spyder, the VTX had only 1200 miles. We had 3000 miles on the Spyder in the first 4 months. As the passenger I did not like the two wheeler. I love the Spyder. Hopefully will get my license and start driving soon.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Cool Easy Answer ··························· Teddy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Too Many Nuts On The Road

I was thinking about a sportbike but thought nahhh I will just end up killing myself on it,lol Been researching many bikes when I came across the spyder. Had bought a brand new 2009 RS and have enjoyed every minute of it. I had the suspension tightened all the way and now cruisers cant keep up with me in the twisties. Sure it doesnt lean but heck I sure take it fast in the curves and have fun knowing that if I hit gravel or sand I will still be on the spyder and not laying dead or dying in the road. Heck the other night I hit a pothole in the dark. Had I been on a motorcycle at the same speed,I wouldnt be here writing this post. In 2 weeks going to buy the limited edition pearl white RT. Its going to be put together in Cowtown as Performance RT which will give me 120HP and can ride it in the twisties and handle like my RS only with alot more comfy features

Anthony

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Another Good Reason

Had too many friends almost kill themselves on close calls. Had a good friend die on a 2 wheeler. Not saying we are imune to accidents but when push comes to shove at least we are riding a much safer machine. What trike out there will cut the power down when lifting a wheel off the ground? Most trike steering sucks. Plus I knew if I ever bought a 2 wheeler I wouldnt want to have a passenger on it cause I know that if I made the slightest mistake,it could cost if not me, the passenger their life or maim them for life and thats not something I wanted to live with the rest of my life. Its unfortunate that fellow's girlfriend was hit and I am happy to hear that she is walking and wanting to ride again. Unfortunately there are lots of jerks out there driving like maniacs and not looking for motorcycles in the path. We can also get hit as well. May all you folks in Spyderland always be safe and out of harms way.

Anthony

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidgeSpyder View Post
    Had too many friends almost kill themselves on close calls. Had a good friend die on a 2 wheeler. Not saying we are imune to accidents but when push comes to shove at least we are riding a much safer machine. What trike out there will cut the power down when lifting a wheel off the ground? Most trike steering sucks. Plus I knew if I ever bought a 2 wheeler I wouldnt want to have a passenger on it cause I know that if I made the slightest mistake,it could cost if not me, the passenger their life or maim them for life and thats not something I wanted to live with the rest of my life. Its unfortunate that fellow's girlfriend was hit and I am happy to hear that she is walking and wanting to ride again. Unfortunately there are lots of jerks out there driving like maniacs and not looking for motorcycles in the path. We can also get hit as well. May all you folks in Spyderland always be safe and out of harms way.

Anthony
    Just to put things in perspective, about half the motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents, not involving another vehicle at all. Over half of the remainder are the fault of the motorcyclist. Whether you ride a Spyder, ride a motorcycle, or drive a car, the key to being safe is to acquire and hone the necessary skills, drive defensively and smart, to alway be prepared for the unexpected, and to leave yourself plenty of room to react.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Why did I buy a Spyder

Was out with my Harley friends (I caged it as was having major troubles holding my 2 wheeled Harley up). Pretty depressed at the price of Harley trikes. Friend of mine, Robin, asked if I had considered the Spyder. I actually had never see one. That was on Sat night. On Monday I bought my Spyder and never looked back. I am so happy with my little red Spyder. Can't imagine ryding anything else!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Just to put things in perspective, about half the motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents, not involving another vehicle at all. Over half of the remainder are the fault of the motorcyclist. Whether you ride a Spyder, ride a motorcycle, or drive a car, the key to being safe is to acquire and hone the necessary skills, drive defensively and smart, to alway be prepared for the unexpected, and to leave yourself plenty of room to react.
    Good post Scotty. I still ride my Suzuki Hayabusa and wont be giving it up unless health reasons cause that in the future. I enjoy the Spyder, but 2 wheels still give me an adrenaline rush that the Spyder never will be capable of. I ride the Spyder like my sportbike, as in looking everywhere for possible problems, with traffic, crazy people on cell phones etc. One thing the Spyder can not give you, with the same results, is the ability to dive into a safe area to avoid being hit, mainly due to its size and steering characteristics. Last thing I want is the Nanny taking over when I am in collision avoidance mode.

Restless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Because

I could!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Good post Scotty. I still ride my Suzuki Hayabusa and wont be giving it up unless health reasons cause that in the future. I enjoy the Spyder, but 2 wheels still give me an adrenaline rush that the Spyder never will be capable of. I ride the Spyder like my sportbike, as in looking everywhere for possible problems, with traffic, crazy people on cell phones etc. One thing the Spyder can not give you, with the same results, is the ability to dive into a safe area to avoid being hit, mainly due to its size and steering characteristics. Last thing I want is the Nanny taking over when I am in collision avoidance mode.

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

My husband, hotglue, was off shore working....a lot of time on my hands.....I found a 2009 SE-5 Spyder on craig's list about 15 minutes from the house.....no hand brake...I have a bum hand...so this would work....knew hg would be home on Sunday afternoon....called and made appointment....drove around parking lot...fell in love....and the rest is history
    resize 2011 spyder.jpg

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I just got tired of not being able to ride most of the winter.
    Not very romantic i know,
    Bump!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I told my wife I was buying a Spyder or getting a girlfriend, she told me the Spyder would be cheaper and safer!

Truth!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

When I took my MSC and they asked us what bike were we wanting to get, I replied I wanted a Goldwing trike. They told me that it was an EXPENSIVE bike and maybe I should consider something a little smaller to start off with.
    This was also before I saw the spyder.

Didn't get anything for 2 years b/c we had other money things to take care of first. But when I saw the spyder, I knew then that's what I wanted so we waited until we could get it, which was only about 6 months later. The cost was so reasonable. Yay!!

LOVE IT!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Health reasons. I have been riding two wheelers most of my life and after shoulder operation they said I would never be ably to hold a two wheeler up ever again. They were right,so I bought a spyder.

Spyder Garage

I started out 6 years ago with a Honda Helix scooter. Did one of those "high side" crashes at the end of my street and tore my ACL. Yeah, ouch!!! Had knee surgery--and yes I can tell you when it's going to rain!!!

Moved up to a Honda Shadow 750. I just couldn't get comfortable on it. I also kept having problems with my knee. Every so often it kind of gives out. Not good when you're going to be trying to hold up a 700 lb machine!!!! Never dropped it, but that was always in the back of my mind. Mind you, the Spyder came out around the same time I bought the 750.... It was lust at first sight!!!

Last summer, my grandma passed away. I decided life was just too damned short to not have at least one outrageous toy!!!! I also had developed a fear of the Honda. I kept getting more and more uncomfortable on it..... Can't explain why.....

Got my Spyder on July 5th, 2011, and haven't looked back!!! I don't have too many miles on it....yet..... but I'm workin' on it!!! Due to where I am in the food chain at work (low woman on the totem pole for my shift), I got stuck with crappy vacations last year and this year (even worse this year). Hopefully we don't have those high 90 degree days all the time this summer!!! I have asthma and can't take the heat and humidity combo we get here..... I'll be rydin' as much as I can though!!!!