Spyder Garage

Default NH to Ohio on a Spyder

Here is the thread about my ride home on the Spyder and what I think about it.

I picked up my Spyder on Tues. morning. The dealer I picked it up from was great and more then helpful. Upon seeing my I was pleased with it's condition, it was as good as new.

I had planned from the beginning to ride it home from NH. I wanted a little time with the bike alone before my son got on with me. I was please with the way it handled and felt that my son would be no issue on the bike.

So after about 60 miles of riding alone I asked my son if he wanted to ride with me. He of course said he did. So me and my son rode for another hr together. My wife was following us in the car. She was going to drive back a different way and would not be with us the whole time. So after an hr with me, I decided that my wife would like to have some company in the car and my son could take some pictures.

So I rode a few hundred more mile by myself. The bike was glued to the rode and I have never felt so confident on a bike. I own several other bikes right now and have owned a least 20 bikes before.

My wife and I then parted company and my son again rode with me. He told me he was very comfortable on the back and liked it more then my Pacific Coast. Our ride took us into Vermont, NY, PA, and of coarse OH.

We rode in the mountains and went to Niagra. My son had never been to Niagra and he loved seeing the falls. We took the Maid of the Mist tour and he thought it was cool.

When we entered PA we stopped at a Wuaker Steak and Lube. It turns out it was bike night and we were there early. The staff there asked me to park the Spyder up front even though it was dirty from riding. As people came on their bikes they of course were very interested in the Spyder and several of them came over to ask question, even some heavily tattooed HD riders. They were all impressed with the bike. As we were leaving many of the riders that were there wished us well and a save trip.

All along the way people stopped us and asked questions of the bike and our trip. People took pictures of the bike and us. There were many people that took pictures of us riding and one that even took about 5 minutes of video. I sure wish I could get some copies of that as I have none of me and my son riding together.

Well I know I jumped around a little on the story and it is not well written. I of course am leaving out the parts about riding in the rain during three different storms. The bike was grat in the rain in case anyone wants to know. I have never liked riding in the rain, but the Spyder handled it great. All in all the ride was a little over 900 miles.

This is a ride that I will remember for the rest of my life and something my son will be able to brag about for a long time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thats sounds great! Post some pics if you have them of your bike / trip. You mentioned your bike was a great price and came with extras, care to share cost / details?

I think its so great the reactions of others when they see the bike for the first time. Its one of the reasons i have one on order. Who hasnt seen a gsxr 750? This bike is unique and its safe. Im looking forward to having experiences similar to yours!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I agree. Me too, can't wait to get my spyder.

Spyder Garage

I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

wow - that's a first ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PE2817 View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures.

Check this link. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5841
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.