RT-S PE#0391
    Spyder Garage

Default SpyderPops "Missing Belt Guard" Rubbing Rear Tire?

September 2010: SpyderPops was out at Spyders in the Smokies/Gatlinburg installing the "Missing Belt Guard" on Spyder RT's. Mine was among the recipients. This ryding season, I've noticed a mark on my rear tire where I believe the belt guard is touching the tire. Nothing else would seem to be causing the effect; plus, SpyderPops even says that the guard is made out of flexible material to be "forgiving" on contact with belt or tire. Still, it kinda bothers me that something is constantly rubbing the the sidewall of my rear tire.

Any other comments/observations on this? I've had half a mind to just take the belt guard off.

~ Surfer

Spyder Garage

This lexan material can be bent without breaking. When I attached mine it ended up a little too close to the tire. Once it is stuck on it will not come off without ruining double sided tape. So I just folded it in a little more. Now its centered between the tire and belt.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

realistically... unless it's a piece of metal Vs a rub mark from plastic;
    it might not be a lot to worry about. if it is just a flat spot rubbing up
    agaist the tire, and not a piece of metal diggin into the the tire wall;
    it probably won't hurt the tire.

just my opinion....

but at least you're smart enough to check your stuff. not like some
    riders that slap on accessories and ride off into the "No Clue Zone..."

Spyder Garage

Take a heat gun to the fold for a minute. Bend/mold to a perfect fit. Watched a friend do his.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Heat gun

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Take a heat gun to the fold for a minute. Bend/mold to a perfect fit. Watched a friend do his.
    The Harley mechanic who installed mine used a heat gun to mold it so it wouldn't rub.