Thread: New Horn

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Horn

I'd like to get a real horn for my RT, but my dealer says there isn't enough room for one. Does anyone know if there is something loud that fits or do I have to settle for that anemic little "meep" sound?

Spyder Garage
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Fiamm High & Low Horns 132 decibels each

I bought 2 each of the Fiamm Horns 1ea High & 1ea Low horns they are available from Napa, they put out a good sound and are much louder than the OEM single horn, and when you use the high & Low they sound really good, nothing like the original crappie flat sounding Stock horn.

The Fiamm horns are 12v electric, and are 132 decibels each, they are loud at 132 decibels each.

A few things i like about using the 12v Fiamm horns is they are easy to hook up, and hook up to the stock wiring,

Having the High & Low Horn sound is good if you have someone that cannot here either the high or the low tones then you are covered having both.

I thick they cost about $18 each, and easy to install.

You could use only one horn either the High or the low, they are still 132 decibels each and would be louder than stock. and not as flat sounding.

westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 05-22-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How often do you blow ur horn......
    That's what guns are for...

Freebob...

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Is the Spyder invisible

I was on my Spyder today with the wife, and used my horn at least 4 times.

Is the Spyder invisible? Mine is blue, it is not like it is black. i guess they are about the same.

I usually try to make eye contact with the people that are crossing my path,

and flash between high & lowbeams many times.

and ready to use the horn when needed, lately it has been often.

westgl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by westgl View Post
    I was on my Spyder today with the wife, and used my horn at least 4 times.

Is the Spyder invisible? Mine is blue, it is not like it is black. i guess they are about the same.

I usually try to make eye contact with the people that are crossing my path,

and flash between high & lowbeams many times.

and ready to use the horn when needed, lately it has been often.

westgl
    This is the very reason that my first extras I put on Ms Spyder were lights: and I will be adding some Tricleds within the next month (3rd & 4th brake LEDs and front fender LEDs)....amazing to me, but we are invisible...extra lites helps ALOT....I purchased my fender lites (replaced the reflectors), 3rd brake & front mudflap lites from ESI..also have BRP fog lites and changed out the bulbs on front fenders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    How often do you blow ur horn......
    That's what guns are for...Freebob...
    Fire a warning shot across their bow?!?
    Lots of us are looking to Stebel since they're throwing 139 decibels of "Hey butthead... LOOK OUT!!" at offending drivers
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    This is the very reason that my first extras I put on Ms Spyder were lights: and I will be adding some Tricleds within the next month (3rd & 4th brake LEDs and front fender LEDs)....amazing to me, but we are invisible...extra lites helps ALOT....I purchased my fender lites (replaced the reflectors), 3rd brake & front mudflap lites from ESI..also have BRP fog lites and changed out the bulbs on front fenders.
    But even if you're lit up like a Xmas tree, you still need to watch out. Too many on the roads these days are physically there and mentally on another planet!
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjp623 View Post
    . Too many on the roads these days are physically there and mentally on another planet!
    Or using their #^%¥@! cell phone. Thanks for this topic. Now I have an affordable mod to work on. :-0

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Picked up our RT yesterday, had the dealer last week install a stebel horn (replaced existing beeper), had him also add Foglights, gauges etc.

Had to use the horn last night, Cage decide to change lanes while I was beside him, he had his window open and definitely was surprised of the noise coming from the

Still thinking about some nice chrome air horns to put on the front.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a situation exactly like yours happen to me while on my 'Wing. A kid in a mustang wanted my lane... When I lit the fuse to the Fiamms he bounced off the guardrail on the opposite side!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black