Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I welcome the new riders and hope they decide to join our group, maybe they will learn from us. No doubt we have several deserving riders among us, however I'm not surprised at BRPs decision to select new riders (Non-Huligans) and must admit if I was in their position I would probably do the same. I'm sure the old saying also applies here as well (why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free).
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We were all 'new' riders at one time. A good part of their marketing is geared towards people that have never ridden a motorcycle--- so I don't see a problem if she needs to acquire a license due to her winning this deal.

We all need to also understand that we have only seen their videos-- not their essays-- and BRP has a plan in mind and these two obviously fit their criteria of what they wanted.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Account for depreciation, gift tax, sales tax and tag etc:, expense out of pocket on travel vs $15,000 plus spyder at cost, should be a zero tax effect.
    Just my opinion....
    I was saying this same thing to dltang when we were discussing the $15k if she would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I understand what you are saying about new riders because we all were at one time, but her six month commitment might be up even before she figures out how to handle the Spyder on her own. What will that accomplish if thats the case ???
    Besides the passion for the Spyder which we all had on day one (and will never go away). Can anyone honestly say that, they could be qualified to be an ambassador on day one of owning a Spyder ??? Or even six months for that matter. I just think we as owners are getting short changed.
    Maybe I'm being over protective like a parent over a child. If I am, I'm sorry.
    Being one of the early adopters (pre-ordered my Spyder in July or August of 2007), I can say with 100% confidence that a brand new Spyder owner can make a good ambassador. Like dltang said, before even taking delivery of our Spyders (even before there was a SpyderLovers forum), we had more knowledge about Spyders than many of the dealers and could do a better job of selling to a potential Spyder owner at demo rides than the salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    ... Had BRP been more forthright in their expectations and qualifications, these disgruntled posts might have been avoided!
    I disagree. The complaining about who was excluded would have taken place right from the start and would have continued until this point. In actuality, if it was their intent to only select from those who would be brand new Spyder owners, BRP probably reduced the amount of disgruntled posts by 50% by not giving out that information.

Though I would have preferred an existing owner owner win also (mostly because I am married to one of the contestants ) I think its great that non owners won.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bjt;307504]+1

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wheeler~
    ... Had BRP been more forthright in their expectations and qualifications, these disgruntled posts might have been avoided!

I disagree. The complaining about who was excluded would have taken place right from the start and would have continued until this point. In actuality, if it was their intent to only select from those who would be brand new Spyder owners, BRP probably reduced the amount of disgruntled posts by 50% by not giving out that information.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Man, what's wrong with you guys? Instead of squabbling over who won, the rules, owners vs. non-owners, and BRP's supposed mistakes (remember that it's their playgraound folks)...we should all be congratulating the winners, rejoicing at two new Spyder converts, and being thankful that many more non-owners are going to be able to see the Spyder in the light of ambassadors who were just like them a short while ago. Enough of the boos, it is time for some cheers!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox1 View Post
    Hi all! I've been in the wholesale business for well over 40 years now. I was a Business Development Manager for at least half of that time. Here is something to ponder upon! Why on hearth would you give a sample to someone who is already a convert? Someone who is already using your product. What would that bring to your business? Giving to a newbie has a lot more impact for your buck. Don't forget,,, all this is advertising. I am absolutely convinced that some of our Spyderlovers members would have done a terrific job! But,,, they already do! Thus the reason to convert two new ones. We all have to agree, they sound like these two can do the job. We were all newbies at one time. Congratulations to the two new RT5 ambassadors!

Silverfox
    s
    My belief exactly. I don't think anyone that had a Spyder had a chance at all because they already are advertisement for BRP any time they are riding their Spyder. In fact, I don't think anyone other than the two picked had a chance, because they were professionals in marketing and film making and I find it too much of a coincidence that all were amateurs in that realm but two, and they had two spots. I'm just saying it seems to me that it was set up from the beginning. I don't blame them for doing that because it's the business mentality. It just worked out too perfect for them, and when it's too perfect it's usually planned. Anyway, I just call it as I see it. It's just a marketing campaign and a pretty good one at that.
    Last edited by Amanda B; 04-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Man, what's wrong with you guys? Instead of squabbling over who won, the rules, owners vs. non-owners, and BRP's supposed mistakes (remember that it's their playgraound folks)...we should all be congratulating the winners, rejoicing at two new Spyder converts, and being thankful that many more non-owners are going to be able to see the Spyder in the light of ambassadors who were just like them a short while ago. Enough of the boos, it is time for some cheers!
    I'm with you Scotty.. All these negative vibrations mostly harm the folks that throw them out.. Please let's move on and get back to having fun

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    s
    My belief exactly. I don't think anyone that had a Spyder had a chance at all because they already are advertisement for BRP any time they are riding their Spyder. In fact, I don't think anyone other than the two picked had a chance, because they were professionals in marketing and film making and I find it too much of a coincidence that all were amateurs in that realm but two, and they had two spots. I'm just saying it seems to me that it was set up from the beginning. I don't blame them for doing that because it's the business mentality. It just worked out too perfect for them, and when it's too perfect it's usually planned. Anyway, I just call it as I see it. It's just a marketing campaign and a pretty good one at that.
    I'm a marketing professional. I suppose if I entered and won you'd have an issue with that? There WERE other people with similar qualifications that submitted videos... in fact there were better produced videos by many others.

God forbid two people that happen to be GOOD at writing/video/marketing happen to win a contest that's ALL about marketing...

Enough of the sour grapes already folks

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I’ll admit I was a little disappointed about not being the next Can Am Ambassador. It wasn’t until my husband asked me “What was it about the position that appealed to you the most?” that I realized something. I responded that I always wanted to take the time to journal my rides and share them with others but never had the discipline to execute. The contract I would have been under for Can Am would have made me accountable. This led into the discussion that there was nothing or no one keeping me from those goals but me.
    My consolation prize was a 456 mile ride on my
    I have worked all day to journal my ride to share with my fellow Spyderlovers and realized that BRP did a great job picking professionals because this was not as easy as I had envisioned. If you would like to help hold me accountable to my dreams and follow my Spydeb Blog read more here...
    http://spydeb.blogspot.com/

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

great video and blog.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydeb View Post

I’ll admit I was a little disappointed about not being the next Can Am Ambassador. It wasn’t until my husband asked me “What was it about the position that appealed to you the most?” that I realized something. I responded that I always wanted to take the time to journal my rides and share them with others but never had the discipline to execute. The contract I would have been under for Can Am would have made me accountable. This led into the discussion that there was nothing or no one keeping me from those goals but me.
    My consolation prize was a 456 mile ride on my
    I have worked all day to journal my ride to share with my fellow Spyderlovers and realized that BRP did a great job picking professionals because this was not as easy as I had envisioned. If you would like to help hold me accountable to my dreams and follow my Spydeb Blog read more here...
    http://spydeb.blogspot.com/
    Loved the blog, Deb! Keep up the good work.

Spyder Garage

This is marketing for BRP. They aren't Ambassadors to the United States of Spyder Riders. They're purpose is to shill for BRP and do so by experiencing the quality of a Spyder. Unlike celebrity endorsements BRP obviously has enough confidence in their product to let lay people try without buying it and spread the word.

Of course US Ambassadors rarely know anything about the country they are appointed to so what's good enough for Uncle Sam should be good enough for us.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

RT-S PE#0032
    Spyder Garage

Congrates to the Winners and I look forward to following your Spyder Adventure

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

When i was in the Army ,One rainy day we were lined up in the '' Parking Lot'' And this Lieutenant says we need people to drive Deuce and a hafts and 5 tons,
    So every one with a drivers license raise your hand. Well every one with OUT a license were picked.
    The reason is the less you know the easier it is to teach you.
    The same gos with Ambassadors ie, ''Salesman'' You can sell with a straight face if your told what to say by the Boss,
    And you don't know what your saying isn't exactly right.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Scotty I couldn't agree more...Kudos to the winners. Looking forward to their inputs. Not sure it changes the issues stated and it seems these personal views being voiced are the reasons for an open forum. By the way...what did you do with that Scotty of days gone by???

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

hummmmmmm !!!!!!

bah hum bug

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I too believe that Deb would have made a great ambassador. However, we need to get over all this and welcome these 2 new ambassadors. They are going to get the wrong impression of half the SpyderLovers community if we don't. 'Nuf said.

Spyder Garage

I say, "Way to go BRP". The more commotion you create, the more people will talk about you. Deep down inside, there is no such thing as bad advertising (to a certain degree). It's all advertising!!! Again, congrats to the two new Spyder Ryders!!!

PS Keep in mind,,, there is a heck of a lot more Spyder Ryders in the world than there is on Spyderlovers.com

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox1 View Post
    PS Keep in mind,,, there is a heck of a lot more Spyder Ryders in the world than there is on Spyderlovers.com
    SilverFox
    Can you define "heck of a lot"? Is it 1000%? 5000%?
    SpyderLovers Members: 5,781.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    When i was in the Army ,One rainy day we were lined up in the '' Parking Lot'' And this Lieutenant says we need people to drive Deuce and a hafts and 5 tons,
    So every one with a drivers license raise your hand. Well every one with OUT a license were picked.
    The reason is the less you know the easier it is to teach you.
    The same gos with Ambassadors ie, ''Salesman'' You can sell with a straight face if your told what to say by the Boss,
    And you don't know what your saying isn't exactly right.
    I understand what you're saying, I just am not sure I agree with your contention that an ignorant ambassador is easier to teach. Anyway enough said on this subject by me.

Nothing, "Derogatory", intended. Definition of IGNORANT a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : (AND in this case) lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
    b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>
    Last edited by Wheeler~; 04-18-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Scotty I couldn't agree more...Kudos to the winners. Looking forward to their inputs. Not sure it changes the issues stated and it seems these personal views being voiced are the reasons for an open forum. By the way...what did you do with that Scotty of days gone by???
    I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to be heard, as long as it's not derogatory.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-18-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Can the "old" and "new" ambassadors sell their Spyders and when?

spydee owner

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Can you define "heck of a lot"? Is it 1000%? 5000%?
    SpyderLovers Members: 5,781.
    I think hecka is after mega ...i.e. milliwatt, kilowatt, megawatt ... heckawatt