Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Please, Please .....

When posting about a repair issue, please include the yr and model. I keep reading about the steering issue but still don't know if only specific models are affected and if the issue was resolved with the new 2010 models. Please, pretty please....

Spyder Garage

Generally you can tell by the sections the posting is in or info in their footing sig. If not and you have a need to know, just ask. We'd be happy to tell. We all come here to share our Spyder "secrets".
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Rev View Post
    When posting about a repair issue, please include the yr and model. I keep reading about the steering issue but still don't know if only specific models are affected and if the issue was resolved with the new 2010 models. Please, pretty please....
    Last month when I picked up my '08 SM5 after replacing the dps for the second time. A guy had just brought in his 2010 RT with steering problems. I don't know what kind of problem it was with the DPS but, it had a scroll on the dash the service manager mentioned.

I have questions with this new unit as I felt something strange last week. I checked the relays and the main one clicked when I pushed down on it and I haven't felt what I did again but, I'm going to take it to the tech that found the last problem and have him take it for a ride.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Rev View Post
    And i would add, when you DO find out what the problem was and what the fix was post that too. Not everybody does.