Thread: Need Opinions

Spyder Garage

Default Need Opinions

Ok, so I think I have finally found "my" Spyder...

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...er=a/97218127/

I love the flat black look, and this particular ryde seems to have quite a few add ons...

I have test drove a Spyder, but it was a SE5 RT A&C... I know this is a SM5, but with years of dirtbike riding under my belt, I'm sure I would have no problems with the SM5...

Ok, so now the reason for the post...

What are everyone's opinions on the lowest possible price I could get this fine piece of machinery for?

TIA

Big Maynard

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail...der-sm5/249738

It really depends upon the mileage and such. Pictures look good, but they aren't about to zoom in on any flaws now are they?

Add something because it is a limited edition "Phantom" model. Add ons have little or no effect on price because the dealer didn't give the previous owner any more in trade for them.

Again, depending on mileage, offer $14,000 but expect to pay more. But if the dealer has been sitting on it for long, cash in hand goes a long way. Remember the rule on buying any car or bike - you must be willing to walk away.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmaynard1986 View Post
    Ok, so I think I have finally found "my" Spyder...

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...er=a/97218127/

I love the flat black look, and this particular ryde seems to have quite a few add ons...

I have test drove a Spyder, but it was a SE5 RT A&C... I know this is a SM5, but with years of dirtbike riding under my belt, I'm sure I would have no problems with the SM5...

Ok, so now the reason for the post...

What are everyone's opinions on the lowest possible price I could get this fine piece of machinery for?

TIA

Big Maynard
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Rev View Post
    http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail...der-sm5/249738

It really depends upon the mileage and such. Pictures look good, but they aren't about to zoom in on any flaws now are they?

Add something because it is a limited edition "Phantom" model. Add ons have little or no effect on price because the dealer didn't give the previous owner any more in trade for them.

Again, depending on mileage, offer $14,000 but expect to pay more. But if the dealer has been sitting on it for long, cash in hand goes a long way. Remember the rule on buying any car or bike - you must be willing to walk away.

Thanks, I forgot to mention... I did email them a week or so ago to ask about the mileage...

I received a response back saying that it was actually NEW...

I responded asking why it was listed on their actual website under USED, but havent received a respond yet...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

O.K. they are asking MSRP for the 2010 RS-S so the price listed is where the negotiations should begin. Do your homework and see if there are any new '09s out there and see if you can point to a percentage that leftovers are being discounted. Also, if possible, try to get your own financing lined up in advance. And don't forget to ask what additional costs the dealer adds to the bottom line. Get them to give you an "out the door" number.

Good luck and have fun with the "dealing" for your 3 wheels.