Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default FINALLY GOT BIKE BACK TODAY!

I JUST BOUGHT MY SPYDER AND I HAD MY SELLING DEALER INSTALL PHANTOM WHEELS AT MY FIRST SERVICE, WHEN I GOT THE BIKE BACK I HAD A VIBRATION, FELT LIKE TIRE/WHEEL, TOOK IT BACK THEY SAY THEY BALANCED THE TIRES BUT I STILL HAVE THIS VIBRATION AROUND 60MPH, IT ALMOST RESONATES THROUGH THE SEAT. I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR BUSINESS 15 YEARS AND THIS ALMOST SEEMS LIKE THE BELT TENSION IS WRONG OR THERE IS A DRIVELINE ISSUE?? ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NITSPYDER View Post
    I JUST BOUGHT MY SPYDER AND I HAD MY SELLING DEALER INSTALL PHANTOM WHEELS AT MY FIRST SERVICE, WHEN I GOT THE BIKE BACK I HAD A VIBRATION, FELT LIKE TIRE/WHEEL, TOOK IT BACK THEY SAY THEY BALANCED THE TIRES BUT I STILL HAVE THIS VIBRATION AROUND 60MPH, IT ALMOST RESONATES THROUGH THE SEAT. I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR BUSINESS 15 YEARS AND THIS ALMOST SEEMS LIKE THE BELT TENSION IS WRONG OR THERE IS A DRIVELINE ISSUE?? ANY SUGGESTIONS??
    welcome
    No need to YELL we can hear you!
    Did you buy new or used?
    There is a service bulletin for belt tension but don't think it applies to new Spyders...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine is a 2009, I did buy it brand new, it has 500 miles on it, did that bulletin mention a vibration, I noticed the belt is not centered either, it looks like it is more to the right than it should be. The vibration is only at a coast acceleration, if I am accelerating hard and go past 60 you cant feel it.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NITSPYDER View Post
    Mine is a 2009, I did buy it brand new, it has 500 miles on it, did that bulletin mention a vibration, I noticed the belt is not centered either, it looks like it is more to the right than it should be. The vibration is only at a coast acceleration, if I am accelerating hard and go past 60 you cant feel it.
    Spec on the belt is not in the sprocket center. It should be 1-5 mm off the flange.