Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know what size RT airbag coupler I need?

I am disconnecting my air compressor for the airbag on my 2014 RT Limited. I have replaced it once already, and it is failing again. I am installing an Elka rear shock, but I still want to be able to manually air up the airbag. Does anyone know the size of the coupler that you would use to connect the two air lines together after removing them from the compressor?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2023 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
    2004 Harley Davidson V-Rod

Spyder Garage

The air line is 1/4" OD.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

You may have enough line to come from your bag straight to your valve! Follow the line up from your bag and find the other end of it, push in on the end, while pulling on the line, wiggle and pull! Make sure the end is in good shape when you get it off, if not cut a little off the end with a sharp blade clean it off and see if it will reach the valve, if it will just take the hose out of the valve clean it up and insert the hose! Then put 50lbs of air in it and check the fittings with soapy water. if you don't have any leaks, drop your pressure down to 10-20 lbs, and enjoy your new shock! If my memory recalls, I believe that's what I did, I had a coupling, but I think I didn't have to use it. The least number of joints you have makes the whole thing a lot more less to worry about.
    Last edited by Mikey; 02-26-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You may have enough line to come from your bag straight to your valve! Follow the line up from your bag and find the other end of it, push in on the end, while pulling on the line, wiggle and pull! Make sure the end is in good shape when you get it off, if not cut a little off the end with a sharp blade clean it off and see if it will reach the valve, if it will just take the hose out of the valve clean it up and insert the hose! Then put 50lbs of air in it and check the fittings with soapy water. if you don't have any leaks, drop your pressure down to 10-20 lbs, and enjoy your new shock! If my memory recalls, I believe that's what I did, I had a coupling, but I think I didn't have to use it. The least number of joints you have makes the whole thing a lot more less to worry about.
    X's 10 ...... I never had the COMPRESSOR and Never missed it. Mine is Manual fill and works great .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    X's 10 ...... I never had the COMPRESSOR and Never missed it. Mine is Manual fill and works great .....Mike
    I had the compressor, eliminated it and don't miss it either. It's a very frail and costly system.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

What does one have to disconnect, electrically, when the time comes to eliminate the compressor and the auto ride height adjustment on a 2021 RTL? Mine is fine now...but it seems that many have problems with time. A schrader valve connected directly to the air bag would be simple, cheap, and reliable. I'm wondering how one defeats the compressor and the height sensor without throwing error codes?

Thanks,
    Rod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ks4hcoach View Post
    What does one have to disconnect, electrically, when the time comes to eliminate the compressor and the auto ride height adjustment on a 2021 RTL? Mine is fine now...but it seems that many have problems with time. A schrader valve connected directly to the air bag would be simple, cheap, and reliable. I'm wondering how one defeats the compressor and the height sensor without throwing error codes?

Thanks,
    Rod
    All I did was rip out the dump valve, and left the rest in there, it gave me more room to get my hand in there! Boy if I get rid of the old girl, I'll have a whole box of parts to give them!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Don't know if the '21 would be the same but I removed everything, taped up the electrical connectors and never had any codes. Thought I would have to remove the relay but never did and it's been 2 yrs now.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2023 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Rod
    look at a parts FICHE' .... it will show you all the parts, & how they are connected ..... good luck ... Mike