Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RTS - Do they have a Sway Bar and Repair

Does 2015 RT have what I call a sway bar?
    What does Can Am call the Sway Bar ?
    If yes does the links to the sway bar wear out. I have 86,000 miles on my RT

If I need to replace is there a better replacement

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fjrwillie View Post
    Does 2015 RT have what I call a sway bar?
    What does Can Am call the Sway Bar ?
    If yes does the links to the sway bar wear out. I have 86,000 miles on my RT

If I need to replace is there a better replacement

Willie

I'm a bit surprised you hafta ask those questions Willie, the poor quality of the OEM Sway Bar & the benefits of replacing it are subjects that are very often discussed here on the Forum. There's probably more threads about them than there is on anything else, after Tires, tire pressures, & Oil of course! . But in answer to your questions:

Yes, ALL Spyders have a sway bar;
    They call it a sway bar, or an anti-sway bar, or a stabiliser, or any of the other names that these things are often called;
    The OEM links are made of a plastic like compound, and they will eventually start to flex & can even break (ask me how I know that little fact! ); aaand

Yes, there's a few replacements around, BajaRon over there in the US does a great replacement and a set of replacement billet links, Rabbitworks here in Oz does another fantastic bar that has 3 'strength' options, and there's even a couple more different options on sale over in Europe (check with Martin the Vlogger on them!)

If you simply type 'sway bar' into the search field up in the top right corner, tick the 'Search Titles only' button, & hit the little magnifying glas to submit your search, you'll get more reading material than you can poke a stick at - it's probably well worth your while to do that search & have a bit of a browse!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-05-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Search is your friend although Peter spelled it out for you.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!