Spyder Garage

Default Question - anybody removed the electric windshield switch from LH Cluster?

Has anybody removed the electric windshield switch from inside the left handlebar cluster? There is nothing connected to it as far as I know. It's covered by a little glued on plate and the actual switch is inside the housing. The external rocker is the only thing missing. Problem is that it is a momentary switch so I can't tap into it. I need to install a push button switch but there isn't room for it. If the old switch electronics could be removed then it would be no problem. I just don't know if it can be taken out or if it is a part of something that has to stay in place. Any BRP guru's out there that can shed some light on this??

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    Has anybody removed the electric windshield switch from inside the left handlebar cluster? There is nothing connected to it as far as I know. It's covered by a little glued on plate and the actual switch is inside the housing. The external rocker is the only thing missing. Problem is that it is a momentary switch so I can't tap into it. I need to install a push button switch but there isn't room for it. If the old switch electronics could be removed then it would be no problem. I just don't know if it can be taken out or if it is a part of something that has to stay in place. Any BRP guru's out there that can shed some light on this??
    I'm guessing ( because I don't know what you own ) that your Spyder's windshield doesn't move up/down ????? ............ I think every veh. manufacturer today has standard wiring harnesses etc. and similar controls on all their veh's. .... some are wired and functional and some arn't ..... depending on the exact model you own ..... perhaps examining a Fiche' for that part will reveal what's behind / under that part area .... good luck .... Mike