Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Yellinacha.....

guess I'd better plan my meal menu for the next week or so.......
    Phyllis Diller? Now there's a blast from the past! I'll bet half the people on this forum have no idea who she was!

Bruce

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Phyllis Diller? Now there's a blast from the past! I'll bet half the people on this forum have no idea who she was!

Bruce
    Not was....She's still around!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyryder View Post
    Not was....She's still around!
    Holy Moly! She's gotta be around 120 years old by now!

Edited: Just checked the "Dead or Alive" website. I wasn't too far off. She is 92 years old, and still kicking!
    Last edited by Director; 10-28-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Further Information

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Seems to me that 90% of the complaints are comming from 10% of the people.
    Still good odds to be keeping my Spyder

Spyder Garage

This is my first participating forum. I made mistakes at first, but as I became more accustomed to others' postings, I learned. I have been trashed a few times when pointing out obvious safety issues that could result from mods being done or done on the Spyder. But I firmly believe that I have the responsibility to point to someone, or anyone, what I see as a safety issue. Not doing so is failing my responsibility as a fellow Spyder rider. If just one rider benefits, then I have done the right thing. If someone's feelings are hurt when I do this, then I would rather hurt their feelings and point something out than tell them it looks great and lie. If anyone wants to call that being negative, so be it. If you ask for, you shall receive. I, like many others who are now riding Spyders, have been riding very many years (without any accident or moving violations). Am I good? No, I am just lucky and was able to learn from the many mistakes I have made without an accident. This forum has been a goldmine of information that has helped me to learn and understand my Spyder. I feel like I am not in the dark, as I have been with all the other bikes I have owned. The modern technology of the internet has opened doors to vast treasures of knowledge we had never before been able to acquire. Do I have something I don't like on this forum? Yes I do. I detest anyone coming on here and trashing the Spyder and BRP, etc., without owning a Spyder, and I will respond. If you haven't walked in our footsteps, get off our path! Happy Trails, Everyone!
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    This is my first participating forum. I made mistakes at first, but as I became more accustomed to others' postings, I learned. I have been trashed a few times when pointing out obvious safety issues that could result from mods being done or done on the Spyder. But I firmly believe that I have the responsibility to point to someone, or anyone, what I see as a safety issue. Not doing so is failing my responsibility as a fellow Spyder rider. If just one rider benefits, then I have done the right thing. If someone's feelings are hurt when I do this, then I would rather hurt their feelings and point something out than tell them it looks great and lie. If anyone wants to call that being negative, so be it. If you ask for, you shall receive. I, like many others who are now riding Spyders, have been riding very many years (without any accident or moving violations). Am I good? No, I am just lucky and was able to learn from the many mistakes I have made without an accident. This forum has been a goldmine of information that has helped me to learn and understand my Spyder. I feel like I am not in the dark, as I have been with all the other bikes I have owned. The modern technology of the internet has opened doors to vast treasures of knowledge we had never before been able to acquire. Do I have something I don't like on this forum? Yes I do. I detest anyone coming on here and trashing the Spyder and BRP, etc., without owning a Spyder, and I will respond. If you haven't walked in our footsteps, get off our path! Happy Trails, Everyone!
    The saying go's = A wise man learns from his mistakes.'' WRONG''
    ''A wise man learns from other's mistakes'' ' All knowledge is helpfull.
    When you point out a safety mistake you made, you'll help somebody so
    They don't repeat it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Guess you missed my post where I said I won't be shutting it down. This too shall pass as they say and I think there have been some merited reaction to the Spyder issues and some over reactions to the Spyder issues.

Every board I've ever ran has had the same thing happen to it and in time it will be a forgotten memory. I'm going to focus of solutions to the problems rather than bashing the one toy that has held my attention for the last two years.

If you need to move on I understand but be sure to check back in a month or two.
    GREAT!!!!! God bless Lamonster.
    I ain't going anywhere, I'll be right here.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by porboy View Post
    PLEASE DON'T SHUT DOWN THE SITE....IF IT'S ABOUT MY FACE LIFT, I'LL GET IT DONE. I ENJOY ALL THE GOOD AND BAD COMMENTS, THAT'S HOW WE ALL LEARN. THE SPYDER IS ALL NEW TO ME AND THIS IS A GREAT SITE TO LEARN FROM OTHERS...JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH.
    YES--YES get the face lift. It scares the hell out of me.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Why don't you take him out on one of your Man Dates - take him out for dinner somewhere nice. You guys are both overdue for a Man Date.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Smoked pepperoni and some smoked chedder does wonders maybe some smoked oysters while your at it

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Bruce! And it's a good thing you didn't see my dark side - Yellinacha fits that bill perfectly when I'm mad

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Kim, having met you at Lamont's barbeque, I have to say "Smylinacha" is a very appropriate name! You have a smile that could power up Albuquerque, so keep on keepin' on!

Bruce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Putt-Putt View Post
    YES--YES get the face lift. It scares the hell out of me.
    Tell me about it. (lol) It's like watching someone have a stroke, and a seizure all while suffering through VERY high bloodpressure.

And those eyes *shudder* like a REAAAAALLLY big fart got re routed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Ride View Post
    Tell me about it. (lol) It's like watching someone have a stroke, and a seizure all while suffering through VERY high bloodpressure.

Spyder Garage

I must say that avatar is distrubingly gruesome (a word derived from the original meaing 'To Shiver') which, in my case, is accurate.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Ride View Post
    I love it! That is hysterical!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Why don't you take him out on one of your Man Dates - take him out for dinner somewhere nice. You guys are both overdue for a Man Date.