Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
So, with this handheld device, if you have 2 different spyders can it be used for both? Or is it pretty much married to the one it is programed for? 2018 F3T and 2020 F3LTD for reference...
Hey Jwulf74,

Tuner is locked to only one Spyder. It cannot be used for multiple Spyders.

When the device comes you plug it into your diagnostic port in the front of the vehicle and download the information from the ECU off of the Spyder. You then plug the device into your laptop or computer, use the included software on Monster Fuel's website and import that data onto your PC. You then send that file over to Steve who will personally tune it for you based off your requirements. He asked me quite a few questions regarding my riding style and fuel selection which felt like a personal touch and was much appreciated. He then sends the files back (3 in my case) which get uploaded back onto the device. Then the device again plugs back into the diagnostic port to start the ECU programming.

UPDATE from Steve regarding multiple Spyder's:

Tunes per bike are always separate.
So each bike purchases one.

The devcie locks to 1 vin.
He would need to buy multiple handhelds. OR,
There is a work around.
He can tune one. Unlock device ($150 to manufacture) move to another. Tune it. Then unlock devcie ($150)
But you can go back to a bike. It stays on last VIN. And you must unlock to remove vin lock.
It works to tune once and forget.
To go back and forth between tune and stock, or have freedom, you need separate handhelds.

Monster Fuel Injection