Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT/RTL differences?

What exactly are the differences between the new RT and RT Limited other than heated seats and trunk? I stopped by a dealership today to have that nasty rounded off bolt removed (success in about 20 minutes but even the tech struggled) and decided to look @ the 2020s (not that I'm buying one now....they couldn't match my payment if they tried). They had plenty of RTLs but no RTs. I asked the salesman what the difference was and he said trunk, heated seats, heated grips, different radio and the RT doesn't have those nice long floorboards. The Can Am website shows that the RTs DO have those boards.

So, what IS the difference between the 2?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Rt Limited has the back case, chrome trim, heated seats. That is the only thing I see difference from my Rt Limited
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Chrome trim is an option... there are "chrome" and "dark" models. Heated seats, auto leveling rear suspension, heated passenger grips, liner for the frunk and an led light in the frunk... that's what I remember. The Limited becomes a suped up RT if you take the back case off and put on the color match cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jon44MA View Post
    Chrome trim is an option... there are "chrome" and "dark" models. Heated seats, auto leveling rear suspension, heated passenger grips, liner for the frunk and an led light in the frunk... that's what I remember. The Limited becomes a suped up RT if you take the back case off and put on the color match cover
    Plus the two speakers in the trunk for a total of 6 versus the 4 on the RT
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Looks like...from Can Am’s site...but I think you already saw this there...

All Spyder RT model features, PLUS:

• Ultimate comfort for 2 with self-leveling rear air suspension,
    • integrated passenger backrest,
    • heated driver and passenger seats and grips,
    • 47 gal (177 L) storage capacity with LinQ-compatible top case,
    • BRP Audio Premium 6-speaker sound system,
    • Signature LED lights,
    • front cargo light and liner, and
    • choice of dark or chrome trims.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Looks like...from Can Am’s site...but I think you already saw this there...

All Spyder RT model features, PLUS:

• Ultimate comfort for 2 with self-leveling rear air suspension,
    • integrated passenger backrest,
    • heated driver and passenger seats and grips,
    • 47 gal (177 L) storage capacity with LinQ-compatible top case,
    • BRP Audio Premium 6-speaker sound system,
    • Signature LED lights,
    • front cargo light and liner, and
    • choice of dark or chrome trims.
    I saw that but some of it didn't make sense. The "integrated passenger backrest" would be the trunk so I didn't know if there was something else going on. Same w/the "6-speaker sound system". I mean, c'mon, BRP. If there's no trunk, there aren't the extra speakers. What are the "Signature LED lights"? I'd hate to lose the LED headlights/foglights w/the RT trim. Can you (or anyone) explain the "self-leveling rear air suspension"? With the RT, would you have to add air manually? That would suck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    With the RT, would you have to add air manually? That would suck.
    Yes, you would..................
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw that but some of it didn't make sense. The "integrated passenger backrest" would be the trunk so I didn't know if there was something else going on. Same w/the "6-speaker sound system". I mean, c'mon, BRP. If there's no trunk, there aren't the extra speakers. What are the "Signature LED lights"? I'd hate to lose the LED headlights/foglights w/the RT trim. Can you (or anyone) explain the "self-leveling rear air suspension"? With the RT, would you have to add air manually? That would suck.
    The signature lights are two strip LEDs just below the front trunk lid, and on the self leveling rear suspension there is an onboard compressor that fills and empties the air bag based on weight of riders and load. On the base RT there is a Schrader valve under the seat and you have to air up the bag manually.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

It really don't suck as bad as you may think! And it's a lot more dependable than a cheap compressor that breaks and lets you ride home on just the shock. Been there, done that!! Not fun! my 2 cents
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I was deciding between the two as 99% on my riding is solo. The trunk/speakers/backrest can be added for a few grand. To me the suspension and the lights I knew I would want led me to the limited. There were also more of them around where I am so found a little more of a discount. I added the color match cover for the trunk mount so it has the looks of the RT when I don’t need the truck