Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Update to the Update

I had heard the fix for the recall would be available today (Friday). Does anyone know if this is true. and if so has anyone had it done.

Wayne

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm waiting. I did the "canisterectomy" and that fixed the problems I encountered after the recall "fix".

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hope they hurry. My MPG dropped down to 26-28 from 35. I don't want to bastardize the bike unless necessary.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwfranklin View Post
    I had heard the fix for the recall would be available today (Friday). Does anyone know if this is true. and if so has anyone had it done.

Wayne
    I was told today by the dealer that there wasn't going to be an updated fix for the dps update. BRP told them to relay message to those with problems to ride it out and should get back to "normal". If it doesn't..oh well...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SE5spyder View Post
    I was told today by the dealer that there wasn't going to be an updated fix for the dps update. BRP told them to relay message to those with problems to ride it out and should get back to "normal". If it doesn't..oh well...
    If that's true...that's just wrong!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have you had the 1st update done???
    Last edited by spyryder; 09-04-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My dealer also told me that there was nothing BRP could do re the surging and that I would just have to live with it. The canisterectomy fixed it up just fine, thank you.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyryder View Post
    Have you had the 1st update done???
    I
    I haven't gotten it done as yet. I was going to wait until they found a fix to the fix but I may not have a choice to wait if this is true on what the dealer said. Also I really hope this solves some issues with increasing my mpg (only 21-23). I've been reading that this update wil help and then see some are getting lower mpg...It BETTER not get worse for me!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I
    I haven't gotten it done as yet. I was going to wait until they found a fix to the fix but I may not have a choice to wait if this is true on what the dealer said. Also I really hope this solves some issues with increasing my mpg (only 21-23). I've been reading that this update wil help and then see some are getting lower mpg...It BETTER not get worse for me!!!
    Durn, My Boss Hoss Trike get better milage than that, and it's got over 6 times the displacement, over 4 times the HP, and weighs over twice as much.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

I
    I believe you have other problems with that kind of mileage... unless you ride full-on all the time. Don't have suggestions, though, on what those problems might be.

As hard as I ride (sometimes), that's the mileage I get on worst-case, WOT runs. Around town and riding reasonably sanely, I get 30-33 MPG.

Last edited by ataDude; 09-07-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    I believe you have other problems with kind of mileage... unless you ride full-on all the time. Don't have suggestions, though, on what those problems might be.

As hard as I ride (sometimes), that's the mileage I get on worst-case, WOT runs. Around town and riding reasonably sanely, I get 30-33 MPG.

+1 sustained 90+ MPH got me probably around 20 - 25 MPG but i am usually getting around 30 MPG, probably a touch better since the software update.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.