Spyder Garage

Default For Those Still Interested in Elio

This was going to be the year. Now, I don't think so. Bankruptcy anyone?

An article fresh off the presses:

"Elio Motors is facing a bleak financial picture and another delay, according to a news report.

Local news channel KTBS in Shreveport, La., reported that the three-wheel carmaker had $101,317 in cash and about $123.2 million in accumulated deficit as of Sept. 30, 2016. That came from a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing, which showed a huge loss from the year before. According to the filing, the startup also reported having about $6.8 million in cash and a deficit of about $2.3 million as of Dec. 31, 2015.

KTBS also found a comment made by the company on its Facebook page that sets 2018 as the new target date for launching its car. That follows previous delays that were first announced in 2014.

Elio had taken over an old General Motors factory in Shreveport in early 2013. Initially, the company was planning on beginning production in 2014 and hiring 1,500 workers in an area that had been hit hard by GM layoffs. Manufacturing the cars has seen continuous delays. KTBS reported that it has “yet to create a single job or dollar of revenue for the area.”

CEO and founder Paul Elio had started up the company in 2009 and was building interest in the three-wheeler that could get 84 miles per gallon. It had started out as a $6,800 car, which was later changed to $7,300 with a few requirements including paying a non-refundable reservation and destination and delivery charges.

The company claims to have 50,000 people who’ve placed reservations on the car. Those willing to make a deposit somewhere between $400 and $900 also needed to agree to the following terms on Elio’s website reservation form: “While maintaining my present place in line for delivery, I understand that currently there is no definite date set for production or delivery of my vehicle.”
    KTBS reported that Shreveport mayor Cedric Glover places much of the blame on Paul Elio for overpromising and lacking integrity.
    “Going into the fourth quarter this year, they only had $101,000 in cash on hand. So when you think about the actual amount of money that they’ve been expending, Paul Elio with a salary of over 250 thousand,” said Glover.
    Glover also puts some of the blame on Racer Trust, the company in charge of putting the GM plant to the best use for the community following the GM bankruptcy. He said that other companies, including Deacon Air Conditioning and Land Rover, had put in bids to take over the old GM plant, but the property has stayed in the hands of Elio.
    “If you look at Paul Elio from 2009, certainly by the time you get to 2011 and 2012, it’s clear that what he is in fact is a dreamer and a schemer. It leads one to ask, what was the actual motivation behind committing these facilities, this equipment to Paul Elio and the Elio operation,” Glover said."
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-23-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

They ran out of suckers to bilk for 'investment' money. I'd call it a Ponzie scheme but NO ONE got a payout other than the money that was squandered to get no where.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here too....

The old saying applies..."if it sounds too good to be true ".. the only winners are the ones that got a $2.95 T-shirt for a $100.00 deposit..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Still time - - -

Hey, HEY! HEYY!!!

There's still time to invest in the Dale!

Send me your money and I will make sure it gets to the 'Twentieth Century Motor Company!!!'

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if Elio has been snorting all that investment money, like DeLorean did!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup...
    They're circling the bowl right now:

That's right: you can't see anything, because that's exactly what they have produced!

Perhaps they'll put those $1,000 Tee-Shirts on sale now: I'd pay $10 for one of them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ELIO MOTORS

When a FORENSIC AUDIT is finally done on this company ...... people are going to go to Jail ....... JMHO ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default See the Elio tomorrow 4/26/17

Thanks for being an Elio Motors supporter. Asyou read in Friday’s blog, we have planned on a “Pop Up” event to take place tomorrowin Pontiac, Michigan! We would like to cordially invite you to sit in the ElioE1c, as well as chat with some Elio Motors senior management. Our vehicle willbe located on the corner of Warren St. and Saginaw St. from 3:30 and 6:30 PM.The address for the event is 91North Saginaw St., Pontiac, Michigan and the vehicle will be locatedon the street. This is not a traditional tour event, but is still a greatopportunity to see the E1c. If you have any questions about the event, pleasefeel free to write us an email at tellmemore@eliomotors.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

jojo,
    The way that your post is worded leads me to believe that you are connected with Elio in some way other than as a customer with a deposit on a vehicl; is this true?
    If you are: can you get me a Tee-Shirt?

Spyder Garage

Default Elio

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    jojo,
    The way that your post is worded leads me to believe that you are connected with Elio in some way other than as a customer with a deposit on a vehicl; is this true?
    Nope, no connection to Elio other than a regular reservation holder. That quote was from one of the weekly emails that I get from Elio.

......but funny that you should mention the t-shirt, as I'm wearing mine today. : )

Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    of the shirt?

Spyder Garage

jojo,
    I was thinking exactly the same when he answered both Elio threads. Will he go back and check up on some of the older threads where I discussed "accounting" probabilities and other similar issues? I don't think Paul has liked me from day one. Not going to apply for any positions with the company because of it.

PS. I caught JoJo's answer above. Good morning friend.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time will eventually tell the complete tale...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    Hey, HEY! HEYY!!!
    Send me your money and I will make sure it gets to the 'Twentieth Century Motor Company!!!'

Joe T.
    But Joe.
    It's the 21st Century now...

Spyder Garage

Default Elio shirt

Elio back.jpgElio front.jpg
    Thanks!
    of the shirt?

Spyder Garage

Default Where's that other thread ?

I knew that I had posted to another thread about Elio, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought that maybe it had been deleted. I used several search words and strings to find it...but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same when he answered both Elio threads. Will he go back and check up on some of the older threads where I discussed "accounting" probabilities and other similar issues? I don't think Paul has liked me from day one. Not going to apply for any positions with the company because of it.

PS. I caught JoJo's answer above. Good morning friend.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I knew that I had posted to another thread about Elio, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought that maybe it had been deleted. I used several search words and strings to find it...but no luck.

Just use the key word Elio in your searches. That should bring up all the archived threads.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had great hopes, still do, but hoping isn't to say that I am not a realist. When I was on my trip to Spyderfest, I was really wishing I was in my Elio. Snug, dry, warm and more easily handling the 38 mph gusty winds. But I do actually have the Spyder in my possession and it did it's job.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! Do you want to sell it?

Spyder Garage

Default Missing thread

Nope, tried it. Nowhere to be found. It was a thread about the SEC filing by Elio and the way people misunderstood it.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Just use the key word Elio in your searches. That should bring up all the archived threads.

Spyder Garage

Default Elio shirt

No, keeping it.

Thanks! Do you want to sell it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sure can't blame you!

Spyder Garage

Nope, tried it. Nowhere to be found. It was a thread about the SEC filing by Elio and the way people misunderstood it.
    It is possible that the originators of the thread eventually deleted them. I answered many threads and tried to show the company as being pretty impossible to get the product rolling. Several years later, it is not looking any better--IMO. I have an accounting and managerial accounting background--so, what "iffing" is somewhat in my area of expertise.

Nuff said.

2020 F3L , Magma Red