Spyder Garage

Default Gas & Temperature Gauges?

I have seen on many posts that some of you replace the Gas or Temperature gauges with other things like clock or volt meter.

I was wondering why? Don't you need to know how much gas your have or if Temp. start to change?

I am just curious.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    I have seen on many posts that some of you replace the Gas or Temperature gauges with other things like clock or volt meter.

I was wondering why? Don't you need to know how much gas your have or if Temp. start to change?

I am just curious.

BECAUSE.

Anonymous
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

When you disconnect the analog gas and temp guage, it appears on your screen digitally, much more accurate.

Cruzr Joe

P.S. don't pay any attention to Anonymous, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Did Not.

Anonymous

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Options----

When both analog gauges are removed the info will show up on the center screen automatically. Then you can put 2 of what ever you want in the 2 holes. A larger digital clock, USB sockets, 12v socket, other gauges, ect.
    Hope this answered your question,

Kaos

Think ya beat me to the answer Joe.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    When both analog gauges are removed the info will show up on the center screen automatically. Then you can put 2 of what ever you want in the 2 holes. A larger digital clock, USB sockets, 12v socket, other gauges, ect.
    Hope this answered your question,

Kaos

Think ya beat me to the answer Joe.
    Interesting! Now I'll have to figure out what I want to install. The Speedo and Tach could both be eliminated also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Has anyone ever asked, or does anyone know why the duplication ? I mean if you take them out and they are in the digital display, then why not put something else useful there in the first place ? I mean, there must be a reason...I just wonder why ???

Spyder Garage

The gas gauge on the 2010 - 2012 seemed to be subject to instability. The needle would wobble and it would give widely inaccurate readings so that it was not easy to determine gas remaining. Which is why most of us set a trip meter to zero at each fill up to know actual miles on the tank.

My 2014 gauge is rock solid. No need to disconnect and replace like I did on both my 2010 and 2011 RT's. Disconnection of both gauges automatically gives digital gauges on the main screen. Note: you have to do both gauges, not just the gas gauge.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tmcquain View Post
    Has anyone ever asked, or does anyone know why the duplication ? I mean if you take them out and they are in the digital display, then why not put something else useful there in the first place ? I mean, there must be a reason...I just wonder why ???
    It's only the higher spec RT's (originally just the Ltd's? but now also the Specials?!) that get the analogue gauges, the std spec RT's hafta put up with just the digital gauges & block off plates filling the holes in the facia..... But it didn't take RT Ltd Riders all that long to realise that the analogue gas gauge wasn't all that accurate/reliable an indicator, so the search was on for a way to revert to the much more reliable & accurate digital gauge that the std spec Spyders already enjoyed! And lo & behold!!

Spyder Garage

I guess that is what is confusing me, if the base model has the digital gauges, then on the RTS and limited why didn't they add a 12v plug, or usb plug, or clock or something extra, instead of duplicating the digital gauges with inferior analog gauges....Inquiring minds want to know !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    When you disconnect the analog gas and temp guage, it appears on your screen digitally, much more accurate.

Cruzr Joe

maybe more accurate, but certainly less legible, especially for those of us whose eyes have seen it all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4 MARIE View Post
    maybe more accurate, but certainly less legible, especially for those of us whose eyes have seen it all.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here, i think the digital stands out better.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Oh grasshoppah.
    Do not be confused.
    Just roll with the changes♾⚭⚢☯☮☼〽

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

Default gadges

Quote Originally Posted by dlby View Post
    Oh grasshoppah.
    Do not be confused.
    Just roll with the changes♾⚭⚢☯☮☼〽

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!
    We need a compass !!

Spyder Garage

I didn't know this, glad I asked. Thanks all for your input.