Thread: Location

Spyder Garage

Default Location

Just curious as I toy with the decison to purchase a 2016 RT, wait to see the rest of the 2017 line up, or wait to see what next year brings.

Any members near Columbia Maryland? have not seen many Spyders in this area.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 08-09-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

to the site. Can't help with the info part though. I am a little to the West.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    to the site. Can't help with the info part though. I am a little to the West.

A LITTLE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    A LITTLE

by PHONE

Spyder Garage

Red face Its all about the money!!!

Like you I have toyed with the idea of purchasing a Spyder RT or LTD. When the rebate started August 1st I couldn't wait any longer so, I decided on the RT. I would rather ride than polish chrome. I was told the RT and the LTD were the same except for the chrome, chrome wheels and the GPS. I had a set budget I wanted to stay in. With the rebate I was able to stay below budget but, add a few FARKLEs (hope I spelled that right). I added Sirius radio and all of the gear that goes with it, the Sena 20 headsets for the wife and I, Bluetooth module, a hitch and all of it's gear, 3 year extended warranty and the Corbin arm rests and was still $100.00 under budget. I can't wait to pick it up.

One question I do have is which is better to add a Lamonster Spyder dock with a GPS or just use my phone. I usually go over my routes before I go on trips so, I know where I am going but, sometimes it would be fun just to head out and ride. I guess I am just looking at the pro's and con's of each. Any input would be appreciated.

For me the 2016 was a no-brainier. Let us know what you get and post pictures.

Randy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

That is a never ending problem. How will you ever decide if you keep waiting for the next release, next price drop, next big deal. The best deal for anyone is the one they get that gets them on the spyder and on the road. If you notice since 2008 the RS, RSS, GS have basically not changed. The ST, if it survives, is the same and the RT still looks basically the same even with the new power train. The F3 has changed little and you can mod all the basic models to be the top end model if you want to.You just have to decide when you want to get one and get it.....Welcome to the spyder world... I waited way too long and regret it all the time....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by BRandRandy View Post
    Like you I have toyed with the idea of purchasing a Spyder RT or LTD. When the rebate started August 1st I couldn't wait any longer so, I decided on the RT. I would rather ride than polish chrome. I was told the RT and the LTD were the same except for the chrome, chrome wheels and the GPS. I had a set budget I wanted to stay in. With the rebate I was able to stay below budget but, add a few FARKLEs (hope I spelled that right). I added Sirius radio and all of the gear that goes with it, the Sena 20 headsets for the wife and I, Bluetooth module, a hitch and all of it's gear, 3 year extended warranty and the Corbin arm rests and was still $100.00 under budget. I can't wait to pick it up.

One question I do have is which is better to add a Lamonster Spyder dock with a GPS or just use my phone. I usually go over my routes before I go on trips so, I know where I am going but, sometimes it would be fun just to head out and ride. I guess I am just looking at the pro's and con's of each. Any input would be appreciated.

For me the 2016 was a no-brainier. Let us know what you get and post pictures.

Randy
    I'm trying to hold out til the 16th to see what if anything will be worth the extra cost, I'm pretty sure I'll be going with a 2016 simply becasue as you mentioned the savings can buy alot of nice things. I do not have helmets as I have not owned a bike in sometime so I need a few things and then of course is the wants aswell. what kind of helmet do you use with in the Sena, could you please post a pic for me.

Thanks
    Chasin

Spyder Garage

Maryland Spider Web and DMV Spyder Ryders are two local clubs that are very active and have good participation. Go to meetup.org and check out their rides.

Welcome to the family. I got my first a little over a month ago. Met great people and have seen areas of VA and Maryland I never would have went without my new ryde.
    2019 F3T , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    I'm trying to hold out til the 16th to see what if anything will be worth the extra cost, I'm pretty sure I'll be going with a 2016 simply becasue as you mentioned the savings can buy alot of nice things. I do not have helmets as I have not owned a bike in sometime so I need a few things and then of course is the wants aswell. what kind of helmet do you use with in the Sena, could you please post a pic for me.

Thanks
    Chasin
    I am in the process of moving from 2 wheels to 3 wheels. I have been riding a C-90T for the last several years and my wife would not ride with me. She is looking forward to going to 3 wheels so she can ride. The dealer is still putting mine together but, I can't pick it up until my wife get home. We just had a new grand baby so, my wife has been with my daughter for the last 3 weeks. Hoping she is coming home soon. I like to do my research before I jump into something. I have been looking at the Spyder for over a year. I have not purchased new helmets yet since my wife is not here but, I am going to get the modular HJC IS-Max II helmets. I have an HJC modular now and I love it. We have already planned to attend the Spyder Rally in Maggie Valley in October. That will be possibly be our first overnight trip and plan to purchase Good Sam's Roadside Assistance even though I do have the extended warranty through BRP.

Randy

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by BRandRandy View Post
    I am in the process of moving from 2 wheels to 3 wheels. I have been riding a C-90T for the last several years and my wife would not ride with me. She is looking forward to going to 3 wheels so she can ride. The dealer is still putting mine together but, I can't pick it up until my wife get home. We just had a new grand baby so, my wife has been with my daughter for the last 3 weeks. Hoping she is coming home soon. I like to do my research before I jump into something. I have been looking at the Spyder for over a year. I have not purchased new helmets yet since my wife is not here but, I am going to get the modular HJC IS-Max II helmets. I have an HJC modular now and I love it. We have already planned to attend the Spyder Rally in Maggie Valley in October. That will be possibly be our first overnight trip and plan to purchase Good Sam's Roadside Assistance even though I do have the extended warranty through BRP.

Randy
    Thanks for in information, I have been looking at these for about 4 years now.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
    Maryland Spider Web and DMV Spyder Ryders are two local clubs that are very active and have good participation. Go to meetup.org and check out their rides.

Welcome to the family. I got my first a little over a month ago. Met great people and have seen areas of VA and Maryland I never would have went without my new ryde.
    Thank you for the info will check out the DMV site, have been all over Spider Web..I like to read and learn all I can.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    by PHONE

Now that's funny right there...LOL
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    That is a never ending problem. How will you ever decide if you keep waiting for the next release, next price drop, next big deal. The best deal for anyone is the one they get that gets them on the spyder and on the road. If you notice since 2008 the RS, RSS, GS have basically not changed. The ST, if it survives, is the same and the RT still looks basically the same even with the new power train. The F3 has changed little and you can mod all the basic models to be the top end model if you want to.You just have to decide when you want to get one and get it.....Welcome to the spyder world... I waited way too long and regret it all the time....

Very true! We bought our Spyder, a 2013 RTS SE 5, at the urging of my wife. I was going to wait til next year, maybe even two years, to get a better deal and just buy one outright without borrowing money from the bank. She wisely said that no one knows what tomorrow will bring so let's get one now, while we still have our health and can enjoy it sooner and longer. A very wise woman!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.