SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F3- New Video of the F4 Windshields

Here is my attempt of a video to explain the windshield we make for the F3 Limited and Touring. It was 95 degrees out that day we did the video but I did the best I could. Hope this helps.
    Have a great day and ride safe!
    Don Frank
    330-968-4644
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuHY...ature=youtu.be

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by F4 Customs View Post
    Here is my attempt of a video to explain the windshield we make for the F3 Limited and Touring. It was 95 degrees out that day we did the video but I did the best I could. Hope this helps.
    Have a great day and ride safe!
    Don Frank
    330-968-4644
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuHY...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks for the video, Don. On my F3T, the 21" F4 is right at my eye level (201/2").

If you sold me a 19" shield with vent, would the anti-buffeting qualities be effectively reduced for me and my wife?

I am wondering if there is someone out there on these forums, who could manufacture a 'slider', to which the shield could be mounted - manually operated by a lever of sorts, which could raise or lower the shield in a range of 4-6"? Or something similar to that on the RT models?

Spyder Garage

Default Just Right

Thanks Don.....I just went out and measured and the 25" screen and at 22.5 above the gas cap it will sit at the bottom of my nose, so I have ordered the right one !

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F4

My my recomendation is always to go higher with my shield for two up riding due to the clarity and rain shedding. However at 6' 1" even my 21" provides great wind protection

Quote Originally Posted by fritzer1 View Post
    Thanks for the video, Don. On my F3T, the 21" F4 is right at my eye level (201/2").

If you sold me a 19" shield with vent, would the anti-buffeting qualities be effectively reduced for me and my wife?

I am wondering if there is someone out there on these forums, who could manufacture a 'slider', to which the shield could be mounted - manually operated by a lever of sorts, which could raise or lower the shield in a range of 4-6"? Or something similar to that on the RT models?

Spyder Garage

Default New F4 WS for 2016 F3T

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...got my new F4Customs W/S for my 2016 F3T last Fri from Don in Streetsburo OH...had to drive the cage d/t weather but other than that it was great...they are nice folks and got me the correct W/S in no time...took it home and put it on same day...since I'm mechanically challenged, it took me a bit longer that what his video showed but not much...basic process is 1) remove original 2) put new one on...same holes, use their white grommet inserts, original screws...it's just my estimate that it decreased buffeting by at least 90% and wind noise in our intercoms by at least 80% (and I LIKE talking w the wife!)...great product...tx Don et.al. Just FYI I'm 5'10" and ride two up a lot...got the largest size...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJ999 View Post
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents...got my new F4Customs W/S for my 2016 F3T last Fri from Don in Streetsburo OH...had to drive the cage d/t weather but other than that it was great...they are nice folks and got me the correct W/S in no time...took it home and put it on same day...since I'm mechanically challenged, it took me a bit longer that what his video showed but not much...basic process is 1) remove original 2) put new one on...same holes, use their white grommet inserts, original screws...it's just my estimate that it decreased buffeting by at least 90% and wind noise in our intercoms by at least 80% (and I LIKE talking w the wife!)...great product...tx Don et.al. Just FYI I'm 5'10" and ride two up a lot...got the largest size...
    Are you looking through the shield or over it, and by how much (inches)?

Thanks, Fritz

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just received the 25" windshield, but haven't installed it yet. I'll have to look through it. I'd prefer to look just over the edge, but I did all sorts of measurements and the 21" would have put the edge right in my line of sight. So I figured that if I have to look through I might as well have the full height.

I went with the F4 because it has the extra width to send air around me. In spring and fall, especially when it's humid, my shoulders get really cold when I ride. After it's installed I'll report about it.

Spyder Garage

If you pay so much to block the wind why get a vent to let the wind in?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    If you pay so much to block the wind why get a vent to let the wind in?
    You could close the vent if the wind is bothering. In the city you can open the vent.

Spyder Garage

I just ordered the 23" yesterday and hope it isn't too tall. I would love to see a slider mechanism designed for the Spyder F3 Touring as I do miss the adjustable windshield on my 2014 RTS.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    I just ordered the 23" yesterday and hope it isn't too tall. I would love to see a slider mechanism designed for the Spyder F3 Touring as I do miss the adjustable windshield on my 2014 RTS.
    Amen to the 'slider' for the F3T - anyone out there working on that?? Should be an easy project. If no one(BRP or otherwise) comes up with something between now and the next Spyderfest, I'm going to commission my son to design it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ordered the 25" tinted, vented. I'm 6'-2" and looking through is fine with me. We be styling now -

Spyder Garage

Default Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by fritzer1 View Post
    Are you looking through the shield or over it, and by how much (inches)?

Thanks, Fritz
    Fritz,
    Good question...the top of the screen is just above my eye-line, so the majority of the time I'm looking through it...and over it to look way down the road...if that makes any sense...sorry for the delay in reply

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs

For those that might be considering looking through the windshield opposed to looking over I thought I would offer this.
    The F4 has a built in coating that makes the shield extremely scratch resistant even when rubbed with steel wool so you won't have to worry about getting those fine scratches from cleaning over time. Also it will shed rain like you have Rain X on it and if you want to use Rain X on it you can as it is chemically sealed.
    We also use High Optics Poly-carbonate and along with our patented forming and coating process they are extremely clear.
    Just saying.
    Ride Safe
    Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJ999 View Post
    Remember to also use the black washer, I read a comment that Don want we use the washer with the white bushing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I just received the 25" windshield, but haven't installed it yet. I'll have to look through it. I'd prefer to look just over the edge, but I did all sorts of measurements and the 21" would have put the edge right in my line of sight. So I figured that if I have to look through I might as well have the full height.

I went with the F4 because it has the extra width to send air around me. In spring and fall, especially when it's humid, my shoulders get really cold when I ride. After it's installed I'll report about it.
    I have the F4 windshield installed and, so far, have taken only a short ride in town and highway. I have the 25" clear windshield without a vent. My observations:
    • Looking through vs looking over . . . I think I'll get used to looking through with little or no problems. On long trips, I will just have to clean it more often than I would otherwise.
    • Air pocket between me and the shield? Maybe, especially compared to the stock shield. I was wearing a half-helmet and got lots of air in my ears. (Though I had not ridden with that helmet with the stock shield.) This is very subjective and depends on wind direction, etc. My next tour will be to Utah next month and I'll get a much better feel for the effects.

Overall, I'm happy with the F4 shield and look forward to many touring miles with it.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks and Ride Safe

Thanks for the review. Ride Safe and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I have the F4 windshield installed and, so far, have taken only a short ride in town and highway. I have the 25" clear windshield without a vent. My observations:
    • Looking through vs looking over . . . I think I'll get used to looking through with little or no problems. On long trips, I will just have to clean it more often than I would otherwise.
    • Air pocket between me and the shield? Maybe, especially compared to the stock shield. I was wearing a half-helmet and got lots of air in my ears. (Though I had not ridden with that helmet with the stock shield.) This is very subjective and depends on wind direction, etc. My next tour will be to Utah next month and I'll get a much better feel for the effects.

Overall, I'm happy with the F4 shield and look forward to many touring miles with it.