Spyder Garage

Default northern minnesota

looking for members to ride with. I live in Park Rapids mn. anyone from this area? Detroit lakes, Wadena, walker , Bemidji ???

Spyder Garage

Default MN Spyderlovers ride out of Mora, MN

You could join us in Mora, MN for the MN Spyderlovers rides which are about monthly.....here's the list: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Ride-Schedule You can find any updates in the "Forum" tab at the bottom in the Minnesota area. We usually have about 20 Spyders and at times as many as 30 show up.

I know it's about 2 1/2 hours from you, but we ride up from the Twin Cities area to the rides (takes us about 1 1/2 hours). I know many others ride farther as there are some from the Benson, MN area (I think it's about the same distance away from Mora as you are) that join regularly.

If you are ever in the Twin Cities area and want to ride, let me know....good luck with finding folks around you as well!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    You could join us in Mora, MN for the MN Spyderlovers rides which are about monthly.....here's the list: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Ride-Schedule You can find any updates in the "Forum" tab at the bottom in the Minnesota area. We usually have about 20 Spyders and at times as many as 30 show up.

I know it's about 2 1/2 hours from you, but we ride up from the Twin Cities area to the rides (takes us about 1 1/2 hours). I know many others ride farther as there are some from the Benson, MN area (I think it's about the same distance away from Mora as you are) that join regularly.

If you are ever in the Twin Cities area and want to ride, let me know....good luck with finding folks around you as well!
    Thank you so much for the info. Looks like they will be riding this way. Will try to join them sometime.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is also a state by state forum too: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f...p?38-Minnesota

Spyder Garage

I ride those towns all the time, was just in Sebeka yesterday. Have a cabin near Emmaville so I frequent the area. MN 113 across the south of Itasca is awesome ride. PM me and we can make it happen!

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

I snowmobile in that area all the time! Paul Bunyan State Forest & White Earth are my favorite places to ride.
    I live in Cold Spring (near St. Cloud) so I don't get up your way with the Spyder, but I'd love to ride with you guys. Let me know if you plan something or you get this way; I might be able to join you.
    Sledmaster- 113 is a great road!!!
    Last edited by Michaelscs; 07-07-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Hello neighbor (almost)

I live about 10 miles north of Pine River. Just getting into the Spyder life.

I finalized the deal on a leftover 2015 F3-S couple of days ago and will be picking it up mid-next week. Right now the dealer is waiting on parts to do the rear shock brace/fix.

A loooonnng time 2 wheel rider. Also, a lot of ATV and snowmobile experience, so hopefully the transition to 3 wheels will go smoothly....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    I snowmobile in that area all the time! Paul Bunyan State Forest & White Earth are my favorite places to ride.
    I live in Cold Spring (near St. Cloud) so I don't get up your way with the Spyder, but I'd love to ride with you guys. Let me know if you plan something or you get this way; I might be able to join you.
    Sledmaster- 113 is a great road!!!
    I guess that means you know about the Elbow Lake Store, Ratt Lake Trail, Strawberry Mountain Forest Road, the McKenzie, and all of the rest in the White Earth....then Spur 1 and 2, Parkway, Steamboat, all of the good ones in the Paul Bunyan as well. Some of the best sledding in all of Minnesota.

We were able to ride sleds there this winter, finally, for a while, between trips to the U.P. Had to stop in and see Roger, funny guy. I stop there on Spyder and dual sport bike in the summer, good gas and burger joint.

I get into Stearns county all the time, riding out of Alex, the road between Avon and Cold Spring is a good one too, County Road 50 if I recall. Anything around Collegeville is nice, but there are not that many. I have pretty much hit every hard road within 100 miles of Alex over the past 100,000 Spyder miles, and MN 113 is truly one of the best I have found.

Anytime you head towards Alex give me a shout. We have some good roads up in Ottertail County that are worth the ride. I also often ride out to North Dakota, drop down into South Dakota, then head back, so little traffic. Sica Hollow is another secret.....running the ridge between Veblen and Sisseton.

2015 F3-S SM-6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInMn View Post

I finalized the deal on a leftover 2015 F3-S couple of days ago and will be picking it up mid-next week. Right now the dealer is waiting on parts to do the rear shock brace/fix.

A loooonnng time 2 wheel rider. Also, a lot of ATV and snowmobile experience, so hopefully the transition to 3 wheels will go smoothly....

You will adjust quickly, ride it like a sled and it will be natural. You will love the F3, the motor is so awesome!

One of my faves is to hit Pine River, go east to Palisade, run the river road up to Grand Rapids, then take MN 38 up to Marcell, and shoot back down to Alex through Remer. Takes all day (451 miles the last time), but it is a sweet ride!

2015 F3-S SM-6

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=DaveInMn;1153080]I live about 10 miles north of Pine River. Just getting into the Spyder life.

.[/QUOT
    Congrats on the new f3. I also bought mine as a hold over in April, f3s steel black metallic. Last one in mn I could find. Damn thing is a money pit! Can't stop buying farkles. Ha ha just got back from Algona iowa with a group of Harleys so I thought I would come on here to find some people to ride with.
    Can't wait to see your new ride and maybe we all can get together some time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    You will adjust quickly, ride it like a sled and it will be natural. You will love the F3, the motor is so awesome!

One of my faves is to hit Pine River, go east to Palisade, run the river road up to Grand Rapids, then take MN 38 up to Marcell, and shoot back down to Alex through Remer. Takes all day (451 miles the last time), but it is a sweet ride!
    I drive to palisade at least 3 times a year t meet up with the palisade mt men. Haven't taken the bike yet. Would be great to get a ride going.
    How do you like the dealer in Alex? Was scheduled to go thee but hit hail other side of sebeka. Waited a while then the wife wanted to just go home.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=ERuther1;1153353]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInMn View Post

.[/QUOT
    Congrats on the new f3. I also bought mine as a hold over in April, f3s steel black metallic. Last one in mn I could find. CanDamn thing is a money pit!'t stop buying farkles. Ha ha just got back from Algona iowa with a group of Harleys so I thought I would come on here to find some people to ride with.
    Can't wait to see your new ride and maybe we all can get together some time.

You're preaching to the choir here. I already spent $1,400 and I haven't picked the damn thing up yet. Am picking it up tomorrow a.m.

I stopped by the dealer (in Baxter .. pretty big dealer for the area) today to deliver one of my trade-ins (I had 2) and was talking to one of the guys that helped me unload it. I just thought that he was just one of the sales reps there and told him that the Spyder better be full of gas when I pick it up tomorrow because "I'm taking the loooong route home." He said "It will be." Found out later that he was the owner of the place and had stopped by to take a spin on my trade (a Ducati). A rare trade-in for them.

Where did you buy yours?

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=DaveInMn;1153679]
    Quote Originally Posted by ERuther1 View Post

You're preaching to the choir here. I already spent $1,400 and I haven't picked the damn thing up yet. Am picking it up tomorrow a.m.

I stopped by the dealer (in Baxter .. pretty big dealer for the area) today to deliver one of my trade-ins (I had 2) and was talking to one of the guys that helped me unload it. I just thought that he was just one of the sales reps there and told him that the Spyder better be full of gas when I pick it up tomorrow because "I'm taking the loooong route home." He said "It will be." Found out later that he was the owner of the place and had stopped by to take a spin on my trade (a Ducati). A rare trade-in for them.

Where did you buy yours?
    White Bear tously motor sports wouldn't even fill the damn tank! its ohh so expensive. its my daily driver to work about 31 mpg could be better but a lot better then the truck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ERuther1 View Post
    I drive to palisade at least 3 times a year t meet up with the palisade mt men. Haven't taken the bike yet. Would be great to get a ride going.
    How do you like the dealer in Alex? Was scheduled to go thee but hit hail other side of sebeka. Waited a while then the wife wanted to just go home.
    I have had very good experience with Ollie's Service in Alex. Been working with them since 2008. They actually have a BRP certified Spyder tech, not all dealers do. He is a long time Ski-Doo, Can Am and Sea Doo tech, not much cycle experience but he knows BRP product and seems to be pretty sharp. Small family owned dealership so they care.

2015 F3-S SM-6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    I have had very good experience with Ollie's Service in Alex. Been working with them since 2008. They actually have a BRP certified Spyder tech, not all dealers do. He is a long time Ski-Doo, Can Am and Sea Doo tech, not much cycle experience but he knows BRP product and seems to be pretty sharp. Small family owned dealership so they care.

hey sledmaster thanks for the info. riding to alex next fri. have an appointment at Ollie's for frame brace and check over. hope it doesn't rain this time.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the great info in this thread, I bought my 2013 ST in Lufkin, TX last april as a new carryover and rode it home to Princeton, MN. 1100 miles on the maiden voyage. There really wasn't an adjustment period for me, but like most of you in this thread have been riding all types of powersports my whole life.
    I would be up for riding with any of you at anytime, I'm east of st. cloud, but head up north all time to ride and enjoy the scenery. I don't recall who mentioned cty 50, but that is one of the amazing roads around central mn.
    This is my first post since joining the forum last week, and I just wanted to say thank you to all for the great information provided here.

Ride safe everyone!!!

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I've been on Cty. 50 literally hundreds of times. Cty.141 from Pearl Lake to Luxemburg might be even better.
    Well guys, we need to get together to ride. Can anyone ride during a weekday?
    2020 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldwarriorrider View Post
    Thanks all for the great info in this thread, I bought my 2013 ST in Lufkin, TX last april as a new carryover and rode it home to Princeton, MN. 1100 miles on the maiden voyage. There really wasn't an adjustment period for me, but like most of you in this thread have been riding all types of powersports my whole life.
    I would be up for riding with any of you at anytime, I'm east of st. cloud, but head up north all time to ride and enjoy the scenery. I don't recall who mentioned cty 50, but that is one of the amazing roads around central mn.
    This is my first post since joining the forum last week, and I just wanted to say thank you to all for the great information provided here.

Ride safe everyone!!!
    congrats on to nice ride. work during the week but if someone does get something together I do have a few vac days left. could be fun.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I've been on Cty. 50 literally hundreds of times. Cty.141 from Pearl Lake to Luxemburg might be even better.
    During the summer I work until 2:30 in the afternoon, so I would be up for late afternoon/evening rides. I also have vacation if a plan comes together.

Spyder Garage

I think I have been on 141 before, but if I have time I may go check it out tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldwarriorrider View Post
    I think I have been on 141 before, but if I have time I may go check it out tomorrow.
    My wife and I are going to ride with our son in the Taylors Falls & Stillwater area tomorrow, otherwise I'd join you.
    We'll need to try to get together sometime.
    Have Fun!
    2020 RT Limited