Default good gosh, this was a really bad accident

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Saw it on FB, very scary.
    is there any follow up?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!

Heard he was not badly hurt but you know he is wishing he were wearing a bit more....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, that's scary. Hope he's okay. .

Spyder Garage

Default Scary!

We just had something similar to that happen to us on Sunday. We were on our Spyders heading west on two lane highway about 4 miles east of Pipestone, MN. I was in the lead and hubby was about 300-400 feet behind me. A pickup pulling a boat passed us and just got back in the lane ahead of me and a big tube that you pull behind the boat was flopping around in the boat and blew out in front of me, it bounced and luckily went into the opposite ditch. But it was pretty scary few seconds. Some people are really careless about how they transport stuff. It didn't look like there was much holding it in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That the kind of **** that will get people seriously hurt as you seen in the video.

I see that crap all the time, things not secured properly and ending up on the Hwy..

Hope the Biker is ok??

The other day I had a plastic bottle fly by me that came out of the back of a truck.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting. Let's be careful out there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This doesn't happen enough:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Feel bad for him, I try to never follow anyone towing or hauling something.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    This doesn't happen enough:
    Gosh, I just LOVE a happy ending!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyFyg-2 View Post
    We just had something similar to that happen to us on Sunday. We were on our Spyders heading west on two lane highway about 4 miles east of Pipestone, MN. I was in the lead and hubby was about 300-400 feet behind me. A pickup pulling a boat passed us and just got back in the lane ahead of me and a big tube that you pull behind the boat was flopping around in the boat and blew out in front of me, it bounced and luckily went into the opposite ditch. But it was pretty scary few seconds. Some people are really careless about how they transport stuff. It didn't look like there was much holding it in.
    I also had one of the big tubes from a boat fly out in front of me down at Myrtle Beach a few years ago. In my case, I was on my Suzuki M109R. We were all traveling about 35-40 mph and the front wheel went over the tube, and it got lodged under the bike with the front wheel off the ground. I could not steer the bike, but was fortunately going in a straight line. As I applied the rear break and slowed the bike, the tube popped and allowed me to have control of the steering again. I pulled over, cleaned my shorts, and then we were back on our way. About 2 hours before that, a bear ran out in front of us on the way to Myrtle, and we thought "wow that was close". The day got better after that.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

S**t falls, ok but why didn't anyone stop instead of slowing down just to go around him?!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

oh my... hope this rider was not too badly hurt....a few years back a man and his wife were killed near here while riding a Harley, when a mattress sailed off a pick up and hit them... always be aware of things not tied down properly in front of you.. ..

Spyder Garage

Wow, Typical sport bike atire, shorts, backpack and full face helmet. After watching it several times, the rider looks like he will be OK exept for a bad case of road rash.
    Yesterday I was going in Costco and there was a someone that had loaded a large box with a 55 or 65" TV in the back seat of a convertible back seat with the long side sticking in the air like an air foil. I think most of the box was sticking up in the air. They had not tied it down yet but how would you do that?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When we lived in the Atlanta area it seemed like about once a week there were reports of a ladder on the road on one or another of the freeways. There was also an appliance that fell out of a pickup that killed the driver of a four wheeler. That kind of crap is bad for bikers but cagers aren't safe either.