Spyder Garage

Default F3 factory replacement rear shock

I had my dealer replace my rear shock with the BRP "2 up" shock. Item 1, I have never in more than 50 bikes replaced a shock -- not less in less than 2000 miles! Item 2, this is the shock the bike should have come with! Item 3, I could not justify the after market price for replacement shocks. Item 4, the bike handles much better and does not drag over speed bumps. The best $200 I've invested.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hollylmh View Post
    I had my dealer replace my rear shock with the BRP "2 up" shock. Item 1, I have never in more than 50 bikes replaced a shock -- not less in less than 2000 miles! Item 2, this is the shock the bike should have come with! Item 3, I could not justify the after market price for replacement shocks. Item 4, the bike handles much better and does not drag over speed bumps. The best $200 I've invested.
    I agree. Glad I went with the 2 up shock!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Godlover View Post
    I agree. Glad I went with the 2 up shock!
    Agreed, money well spent.

Spyder Garage

Big Question Is- Should it be done under warranty?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Big Question Is- Should it be done under warranty?
    Well a big YES is the answer to that one and that's what I did I put an official complaint about how mine was bottoming out and the dealer did a clam with BRP and they replaced it with the two up as a warranty clam no problems so I don't know why every one is paying for there replacement shock.
    Last edited by Bruce B; 06-27-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    i
    Well a big YES is the answer to that one and that's what I did I put an official complaint about how mine was bottoming out and the dealer did a clam with BRP and they replaced it with the two up as a warranty clam no problems so I don't know why every one is paying for there replacement shock.
    Bravo!!!! I did the same with the 2015 FS Manual Clutch- Called BRP to complain- They told me to have dealer Submit a Request "Exception" E-Mail to them- Dealer has to go a Little out of their way to do this for you? A week later Dealer said bring it in and the Clutch Vacuum assist unit was installed Free of any Charge! What a difference with the vacuum assist.
    I suggest Calling BRP and Your Dealer !(E-mails are to easy to not answer)?

Spyder Garage

Agree it's a far better shock, and yes should probably be done under warranty.

As I bought mine used in a different country (Germany) I didn't feel I had a relationship with a dealer here to push for this under warranty. Had I bought new I might have gone down that route under the basis of being an unsatisfactory purchase.

To be honest I saved so much buying it used in Germany over new UK prices I didn't mind paying the $150 + tax for the shock (purchased while on vacation in the US). Fitting only cost me my time.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have the part # for the 2 up shock?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    Does anyone have the part # for the 2 up shock?
    The replacement shock part #219400739 don't pay for it make them replace it under warranty as quite a few of us have done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Item #5

Get out there and ryde it...good to hear it has solved the problem. They should exchange them upon request (at least)..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The replacement shock part #219400739 don't pay for it make them replace it under warranty as quite a few of us have done.
    Thank you very much. I will talk to my dealer about it.

Spyder Garage

Didn't they upgrade the shock on the 2016 model? Is it the same as the 2 Up Shock?
    I'm not gonna bug the dealer during his busiest time of year Since mine has not bottomed out- But it would be nice if they Made some kind of notice that we get the new Shock- If there is one for 2016!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Didn't they upgrade the shock on the 2016 model? Is it the same as the 2 Up Shock?
    I'm not gonna bug the dealer during his busiest time of year Since mine has not bottomed out- But it would be nice if they Made some kind of notice that we get the new Shock- If there is one for 2016!
    Yes they did and they don't use the first piece of crap any more but they still get there crap made in Mexico which is worse than made in China, all about saving dollars and stuff the customer.

We had a look on the 2 up before it was fitted to check where it was made same as original made in Mexico stamp on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Have not bottomed out!

Still in my break in period. Hope to be knocking that out this week if the rain stops. I assume the bottom out occurs during hard driving? Have a 15 F3-S.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

F3 & F3-S
    2015 & 2016 Shock 706001703 Spring 706002113

2016 T-LTD Shock 706001706 Spring 706001707

Spyder Garage

Yes they did and they don't use the first piece of crap any more but they still get there crap made in Mexico which is worse than made in China, all about saving dollars and stuff the customer.

We had a look on the 2 up before it was fitted to check where it was made same as original made in Mexico stamp on it.
    A little off topic BUT as of 2014 they are assembling their Jet Skies in Mexico ALSO??? I won't go into it any further????

Spyder Garage

Default Bottomed out AGAIN!

I hit a pot hole with my wife on the back and I bottomed out hard. It was so hard that my wife jarred her back. Now she has to go to chiropractor. I called the dealer that I bought the Spyder from (North County San Diego dealer) and talked to the Service department about it. They gave me the typical "We never heard of that issue and we have not had anyone ever call on it" I asked them if they had ever heard of any issues with the F3. they said they have never had any complaints. We I asked them about the recall on the frame they were quick to say they knew about that issue. And when I asked them why did BRP have the recall on the frame issue, they had no response. So I talked to the Sale Manager and said I wanted them to file a complaint with BRP on the issue and that I wanted the shock replaced as part of the warranty.

It just so happens that BRP is going to be at the dealership this weekend for demo rides. If I don't get a satisfactory response from the dealer/BRP, I will be talking to BRP and expressing my dissatisfaction with their issues. If anyone else from the area has issues, show up and tell BRP.
    God bless those who serve/served our country!