Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default which part

Would you know which parts were replaced and the part numbers. Should be on your invoice. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by viperryder View Post
    I too have had the DESS error. Took it to my dealer, after having them order part, and half hour later fixed and had no further problems, knock on wood. Good luck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up will do

Thanks Deanna. Will let you guys know whatt is happening moving forward. At lease BRP has been very responsive even if they sound funny on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Thanks for the update on your DESS ERROR.

I have had the "Dess module" replaced twice ( mileage on the spyder first DESS module Replacement was 6,994, and mileage on the spyder when the 2nd DESS MODULE was replaced was 8,740) I have had the repair work done twice and I did not gotten the DESS error.

They (my can-am dealership) replaced the DESS MODULE PART # 710004190, and the Switch part # 710004413. Looking forward to hearing from you, about the up date.
    Deanna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I feel your PAIN... and frustration......Yes to your question that this problem has been fixed by many other dealers. Your REAL problem from what you saying is with your DEALER......Either extreme TECH incompetence or Dealer just doesn't give a CRAP.....My GF ,Dee's, DESS issue was solved ( not the first time ) by a different combination of parts that BRP has come up with........What is listed on your work order as having been done and what parts re-placed ?????.....This would be a start in dealing with BRP cares.....Frankly I don't trust your Dealer to be Honest with you about this.....JMHO......Mike
    Mike, Read the post # 27 on this thread. That I posted today. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BaldEagle View Post
    Would you know which parts were replaced and the part numbers. Should be on your invoice. Thanks.
    BaldEagle, Look @ post # 66(Page # 3) on the ( DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) thread, for a list of part #'s for the DESS MODULE, Spyder model, Year of spyder.

Also, read post # 64 on that same page( # 3).

Also, read post # 119 for Switch part #'s ( posted by gypsy_100 which is on page # 5 on the DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stated by Deanna777)

I hope this helps.

Keep us posted!
    Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry SESS update.

So the saga continues....

So this has turned into a 3 week cluster #%*&! In all fairness, BRP has come through with flying colors. The dealership (RideNow in Surprise Arizona), is about the most irresponsible, incompetent, lying bunch of turds.

I was contacted by Pascale from BRP following my opening my own case. The dealership said they opened one for me but lied. I took the ride to them per instructions from Pascale. Waited 8 days and called 3 times only to be told that they had not heard from BRP. I took the bike and said call me when you hear from them and I'll bring it back. Got a call from Pascale saying the dealer had received instructions to follow bulletin the day after I dropped off the bike. Requested I take bike back to dealer. Took it back same day.

Dealer calls 2 days later to inform me that all the bulletin work had already been done. I suggested calling BRP to ask what to do next. 6 days later I show up at dealer to ask what the hell is happening. "OH...we did hear from BRP and they want us to take a picture of your DESS module and send to them. My response..."so what's that...another 2 weeks?" they jumped on it immediately and by next day BRP had photo. Turns out that when the DESS was replaced, it was replaced with another bad module though my invoice had the new part number on it. (Thanks Dianna). BRP shipped the correct part to the dealer. Got a call from Pascale that part had arrived at dealer 3 days ago. No call, no dinner, no flowers, nothing. I had to call them to let them know that my part had arrived. "Sorry, we didn't know". Me "I would like to have that part installed today and pick the bike up end of day." Them "We have appointments but will try to squeeze you in. Me "My appointment was 18 days ago and is still ongoing. Mine should take precedence." Them "OK we'll squeeze you in." Got a call yesterday (now 18 days in shop). "We are not sure how to install this part. The old one has a small magnet on it and the new one doesn't. We are not sure if we should take off the magnet and install it with the new module. We are contacting BRP to ask what we should do." Looks like another weekend lost to ineptitude. Was starting to see light at the end of the tunnel but the idiots at this place keep blocking it. Fargen Bastages. More to follow.

Oh, and by the way, let everyone know that this dealership should be avoided at all costs.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEALERSHIP ISSUES

Bald Eagle, Thanks for keeping us informed.....and as I've stated before I really feel for you.........IT'S DEALER'S LIKE THIS THAT CAN DESTROY A COMPANY -- No matter what the company does to correct the problem......I hope BRP CARES have been following this tragedy ...........Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info Deanna. Looked at your previous thread. Some good info there. Going to dealer today with lots of ammo (information). I'll follow up and let you know how it goes. Planning some long rides and just lack confidence in the Spyder at this point. Other than the DESS problem, this machine is awesome.
    BaldEagle, thanks for the post, and good luck.

Keep us posted, and PLEASE POST ON my Thread"DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I would like to Keep that "Thread going.

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 03-18-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It never ends with the idiotic DESS crap. Thank you BRP for designing something that doesn't work and that your dealers obviously can't fix. Way to go. Basic design great, all the crappy electronic extras are crap. How about redesigning it back to basic. If it doesn't make it go don't put it on in the first place. Rant over.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that anyone has ever had a good experience with a Ride Now dealership. To bad BRP hasn't figured that out yet. Maybe because of all the problems they can't get any other dealers. In this case it sounds like BRP did their part.

Spyder Garage

Default the cure for our reliability problems

Spyder Garage

Angry Ride Now?????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    I don't think that anyone has ever had a good experience with a Ride Now dealership. To bad BRP hasn't figured that out yet. Maybe because of all the problems they can't get any other dealers. In this case it sounds like BRP did their part.
    My son lives out side Tuscon and does NOT have a . But he does have 4 atvs and has to deal with RideNow. He dosen't care for them one bit!!!!

Crappy Stealerships cause:::::
    Kaos
    Last edited by Lew L; 03-19-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: wrong smiley
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbwitt View Post
    Are you using something plugged into the trunk 12volt socket when this happens?
    Kenn
    Kenn, I got the following from a BRP Tech in an email on Aug. 17,2015 " We have had cases where a cell phone or magnetic card, placed near the ignition switch cause this. This includes any device that may emit some type of frequency".

I had the DESS MODULE (Part # 71000490) replaced twice ( first was done on July 14th, mileage 6994 & second time On Aug. 28th mileage 8740) and I had the ignition switch replaced once on Aug. 28th ( part # 710004413). I have posted this info. on my Thread" DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" go to my profile and look at "Started threads" look for " DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Their is some excellent info on that thread. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

The DESS Module was replaced and the Part # is 710004190 ( Model Year: 2014 Model: RS, ST, RT ) Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default DESS followup

Well guys and gals...I finally have the Spyder back after a 3 week hostage ordeal. The dealership contacted BRP about the magnet and it IS supposed to be installed with the new module. The new modules that are shipped to the dealers DO NOT come with this magnet. I wonder if many of these modules have been replaced without the magnet. The dealer was told by BRP that the magnet stops anyone with an uncoded key from starting your bike. Who knows. The part number on the invoice for the replacement DESS module is #710004916. This is different from the number that appeared on my previous invoice for the "NEW" DESS module. Well...I'm out mileing and smiling for now. I'll let you guys know if further issues arise. Thanks for listening to the grief and the good advice.

P.S. Have a line on a couple of dealerships with good reputations for service and customer satisfaction. Requires a bit more travel, but it would be worth it.

Spyder Garage

Default Part Number ( DESS Module) ??????????

Well guys and gals...I finally have the Spyder back after a 3 week hostage ordeal. The dealership contacted BRP about the magnet and it IS supposed to be installed with the new module. The new modules that are shipped to the dealers DO NOT come with this magnet. I wonder if many of these modules have been replaced without the magnet. The dealer was told by BRP that the magnet stops anyone with an uncoded key from starting your bike. Who knows. The part number on the invoice for the replacement DESS module is #710004916. This is different from the number that appeared on my previous invoice for the "NEW" DESS module. Well...I'm out mileing and smiling for now. I'll let you guys know if further issues arise. Thanks for listening to the grief and the good advice.

P.S. Have a line on a couple of dealerships with good reputations for service and customer satisfaction. Requires a bit more travel, but it would be worth it.
    Both times that I had my DESS MODULE replaced ( first time was on July 14,205, second time was on Aug. 28, 2015) the part # that is on my Repair Order is different than what you mentioned ( the part # is 710004190).

Trbayth posted(post # 43 page 2) on the thread " DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! started by me. About part # 710004916.

You might want to check on that post for the part # 710004916
    Nice to hear that you got it fixed. Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 03-21-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Part # confusion.

Yes Dianna, I was a bit confused as well. The first replacement DESS module part # was 710004190 per my invoice. I understood this to be the replacement for the "bad" module. This one also was problematic. I did not, however, have the ignition replaced. When the dealer sent the requested pic to BRP and they said that the wrong module had been installed, the wheels started to spin in my head. OK...so how many remakes, ie part numbers, are there for the same part? Don't know but what I have in there currently, #710004916 seems to be working OK up to this point. Fingers and toes are crossed and that's a chore with size 17 feet. I did want to give an honorable mention to Pascale, and the folks at BRP. Without these guys driving the dealer to the right destination, my spyder would still be undrivable. I have to say that if any of you are not getting satisfaction from your dealer, contact BRP and open your own case. Glad I did. Kudos to you Canadian folks with the funny accent.

John G.

Spyder Garage

Yes Dianna, I was a bit confused as well. The first replacement DESS module part # was 710004190 per my invoice. I understood this to be the replacement for the "bad" module. This one also was problematic. I did not, however, have the ignition replaced. When the dealer sent the requested pic to BRP and they said that the wrong module had been installed, the wheels started to spin in my head. OK...so how many remakes, ie part numbers, are there for the same part? Don't know but what I have in there currently, #710004916 seems to be working OK up to this point. Fingers and toes are crossed and that's a chore with size 17 feet. I did want to give an honorable mention to Pascale, and the folks at BRP. Without these guys driving the dealer to the right destination, my spyder would still be undrivable. I have to say that if any of you are not getting satisfaction from your dealer, contact BRP and open your own case. Glad I did. Kudos to you Canadian folks with the funny accent.

John G.
    HI John, I wonder the same thing about the part #'s for the DESS module's. I hope that the part # 710004916 works for your spyder. What year is your spyder? Also, what model is your spyder?

Thanks for the update on our spyder. Ride Safe! Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face Year and model

Hi Deanna. I have a 2014 RTL. Have been riding quite a bit with frequent starts and so far, no issues to report.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on DESS repair.

Well...I got the bike back after 22 days in the shop. Rode it for a week and so far, no DESS orange screen yet. However, I was pulling the side panel to access the horn and noticed that the dealer had put the panel on with the front lower peg broken off. The peg was stuck in the grommet but was no longer attached to the panel. Deliberate attempt to hide the damage as nothing was mentioned when I picked up the bike. Glad the panel didn't blow off. The dealer, of course, doesn't know anything about it. Again, this dealer is Ride Now Powersports on Bell Rd. in Surprise Arizona. Avoid like the plague. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Not that that will get me anywhere but I think people should know. Guess I'll try to glue it together. Any suggestions for which glue to use? Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

Hi Deanna. I have a 2014 RTL. Have been riding quite a bit with frequent starts and so far, no issues to report.
    HI BaldEagle, I hope you don't have the DESS problem again. If you have any DESS Issues report on this/and my "DESS KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Thread .

Ride Safe!
    Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Well...I got the bike back after 22 days in the shop. Rode it for a week and so far, no DESS orange screen yet. However, I was pulling the side panel to access the horn and noticed that the dealer had put the panel on with the front lower peg broken off. The peg was stuck in the grommet but was no longer attached to the panel. Deliberate attempt to hide the damage as nothing was mentioned when I picked up the bike. Glad the panel didn't blow off. The dealer, of course, doesn't know anything about it. Again, this dealer is Ride Now Powersports on Bell Rd. in Surprise Arizona. Avoid like the plague. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Not that that will get me anywhere but I think people should know. Guess I'll try to glue it together. Any suggestions for which glue to use? Thanks all.
    Thanks for the DESS Update. Use a type of glue for plastic. Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used 5 minute epoxy, the first time, I wasn't very careful with it and it broke again. I redid it and its holding good. The screw that holds it on, is a very small security pattern, but you can find it, I have a HF set and it was in there.

As for Ride Now, I suggest that in addition to the BBB, you go to your city and take them to small claims court. Find out the cost of the screw and the plastic part. If you have never been before, win or lose you will learn some important stuff.

Let me tell you a little story: Burlington SantaFe Railroad owed me a little money and said "pi$$off". I filed in small claims, when the local guy got served he called and said "Who do you think you are you can't sue us". I replied that since he was looking at it, obviously I could. They have 20 days to take care of it or show up in court. On the 19th say, which was a Wednesday, one of their lawyers called from Corp. He said "ok, we owe you the money and we will be sending you a check, but we are not going to pay the extra fees". (The court says you are entitled to fees) I said "Tomorrow you will show up in court and I will win, and on Friday you will be laying track to my house to deliver me a train". The guy really cracked up and was really laughing, "Your full check is in the mail".

The only way to make a change sometimes to kick them in the eggs.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRAIN DELIVERY

Bill - I looooooooooooooooove that story ....Mike