Spyder Garage

Default Great discussion with BRP survey folks today!

A few weeks ago I received an email survey link to tell BRP about my buying experience at my local dealer.
    I told BRP the same issues I had already told my salesman and service people. BRP was concerned enough to call me and get more details.
    I thanked BRP for the awesome Spyder, I have the 2015 RT Special (black and silver with the burgandy seat) but shared some of the negative experience I have had with my dealer.
    He said that BRP was very involved with the dealers and would be contacting them to work on improving the way they deliver a Spyder as well as other improvements.
    I told him that was terrific as it would be beneficial to customers, BRP and the dealer if they could help them improve.

Just wanted to share this info about BRP investigating some negative feedback about one of their dealers. I wish the dealer would have addressed the issues but they chose not too when I brought them up. Very cool that BRP cares enough to follow up.

Also took the opportunity to suggest they make a BRP Handbrake option. He was very receptive and was going to forward the suggestion as he understood the need. I told him how the ISCI Handbrake was the key to my being able to ride again.
    Also told him about the Baja Ron sway bar and links as well as the Bumpskid and how much better the Spyder handles with these accessories.

We spoke over 30 mins and I felt that he was very open to my input.

We shall see, but at least he called me on a Saturday to get my feedback.

Never had that happen with any other motorcycle I have purchased.

Just wanted to share the experience. It was very positive

Thump

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck with any changes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

brp hasbeen getting in touch with the owners. Hope they can make the suggested change but at least they are aware and are listening...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    A few weeks ago I received an email survey link to tell BRP about my buying experience at my local dealer.
    I told BRP the same issues I had already told my salesman and service people. BRP was concerned enough to call me and get more details.
    I thanked BRP for the awesome Spyder, I have the 2015 RT Special (black and silver with the burgandy seat) but shared some of the negative experience I have had with my dealer.
    He said that BRP was very involved with the dealers and would be contacting them to work on improving the way they deliver a Spyder as well as other improvements.
    I told him that was terrific as it would be beneficial to customers, BRP and the dealer if they could help them improve.

Just wanted to share this info about BRP investigating some negative feedback about one of their dealers. I wish the dealer would have addressed the issues but they chose not too when I brought them up. Very cool that BRP cares enough to follow up.

Also took the opportunity to suggest they make a BRP Handbrake option. He was very receptive and was going to forward the suggestion as he understood the need. I told him how the ISCI Handbrake was the key to my being able to ride again.
    Also told him about the Baja Ron sway bar and links as well as the Bumpskid and how much better the Spyder handles with these accessories.

Thump
    Awesome!

Spyder Garage

That's great news! Thanks for sharing. I think BRP/Dealer interaction and quality assurance is one big thing that, as you said, will benefit everyone involved.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very cool!

Spyder Garage

That is great! for those in the USA. I am glad to hear it! Hopefully this is something that matters to them worldwide.

Sorry if this is a thread highjacking: I wonder if they care about people in other countries? I am in Mexico. I have had some negative stuff myself. One thing I went through here when I took my bike in (because I had the Brake Failure screen of death on it), 3 hour ride there (on a very windy (winding and wind bracing) poor road after seeing this screen) and 3 hour ride back, lovely scenery but way too far away to go often, was that the first service on my RT 2014 was 1000 miles (NOT!) and I told them so, they kept saying yes, it is 1000 miles, when we all know it is 3000. It is a way for them to squirrel more money out of you. The other is they have no BRP oil, they say it is not possible to import it from there (I don't believe them). But whatever, the oil was a good quality oil they assured me. The other issue is them saying I only had 1 year warranty on the bike (NOT!) and I told them so, even BRP on the internet says 2 years. It is a way to chip away at us here for more money, as it is, we pay way more than in the USA (17% tax plus more), let alone have to put up with stuff like this. They tried to tell me (after I talked to someone from their joint on the phone, thus the reason I went) that I would have to either find a way home, or hole up in a hotel for like a week! After they saw my face and probably knew I would make a stink, they did the service on it, overall it was an ok experience, but it could have been better. I had 2400 miles on it and went ahead and did the first service per BRP, the pricing was not too bad on this, I paid about $250 US for this. But I had hoped for a better attitude, and not such a money grabbing stance from them. They say there is nothing wrong with my brakes. Just a fluke? Humm, still not completely convinced, although I have not seen the error again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We shall see, but at least he called me on a Saturday to get my feedback. Never had that happen with any other motorcycle I have purchased. Just wanted to share the experience. It was very positive Thump
    Thanks for posting this. Since I had the same exact experience almost to a T. I think BRP Customer Service contacts every owner that reports a highly negative dealer experience via the survey. I feel the watch words are: "WE SHALL SEE". I know both you and I were made to feel that BRP was going to ACT on our info; but they told me that I would NOT get any further follow-up from them regarding my issues. I even sent them the email trail that went between the dealer and I. Seems like the loop is NEVER closed. I have not had any response from my selling dealer, have you?????
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Thump
    It was nice they contacted you. I filled out the same survey after my purchase in April. I realize BRP has many consumers and cant contact everyone....but I wish they had contacted me.

Some of the issues I had; not enough staff at dealership, Spyder was filthy when turned over to me....even after the salesman washed it, it took 3 hrs+ to finish delivery on a full cash deal (no loan paperwork to deal with), salesman did not know a lot about the Spyder and even told me incorrect shifting info., salesman had lied to me on an issue I brought up, dealer check list not gone through with new owner and other issues. Mechanic staff less than one year experience......any faith in them ? I dont know...

So other than sending in the survey I got no feedback from BRP and have never been contacted by the Dealer or the salesman. PR goes a long way for repeat business....some business persons dont understand that I guess.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WEB-WVR,
    At least your salesman was present for your delivery. Mine decided that it was more important for him to lead a 70 mile one way lunch ride for a group of local spyder riders. Plus, I had to wait 4 hours for my Spyder to be ready. Like you, I was brand new to the Spyder. When he bailed on me, I should have just asked for my deposit back, and gone home. I can't wait for my first service, at another dealer, to see what else is screwed up.I was promised a laser alignment. I think that was a lie.Depending on what is found, BRP and I are going to have another discussion.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    WEB-WVR,
    At least your salesman was present for your delivery. Mine decided that it was more important for him to lead a 70 mile one way lunch ride for a group of local spyder riders. Plus, I had to wait 4 hours for my Spyder to be ready. Like you, I was brand new to the Spyder. When he bailed on me, I should have just asked for my deposit back, and gone home. I can't wait for my first service, at another dealer, to see what else is screwed up.I was promised a laser alignment. I think that was a lie.Depending on what is found, BRP and I are going to have another discussion.
    I purchased from a big Dealer....they probably have 1500 + motorcycles on property, 4 acres. Place looks great, newer building very impressive. I went there because they had a great $ price on a 14 closeout. It was a sunny Saturday in April....they were busy. One salesman on duty.....he was all of 20 years old if that. He knew I was on the way and I asked him to have the bike ready as I was 95% sure I was buying it. It probably took more than 4 hrs as we also went and had lunch to give him more time. When we got back, paper work was still not done and the salesman had to wash the Spyder too....he was in such a rush...that is why I think it was delivered so dirty.

Usually you get a followup call from the dealer/salesman......"0" ! And like I said....I told BRP everything...never heard back from them. I dont have a lot of confidence in the local Spyder mechanics either.

I realize these dealerships are independent but I think BRP needs some more influence over them.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Very similar delivery experience here. Spyder was filthy, negotiated service not performed, and expired state inspection sticker. Salesman was "out". Cash deal, 3 1/2 hours!

Reported on survey, BRP called, sounded interested. Nothing since.

BUT, went back for 3000 service; even worse experience. Routine service, less oil change, plus
    laser took 8 1/2 hours!! Wrote lengthy letter to General Manager outlining problems. No response. I guess the sales and sevice people just reflect his attitude.

Not going back there. So, I agree, some of the dealers are doing BRP significant disservice.

John

Spyder Garage

And these are the companies we are to trust with service and repairs ?

There are some good ones out there but you need to find them and it may be a drive.

Kudos to the professional ones !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies. Since it was Saturday when I spoke to the BRP rep I have not heard anything from my dealer yet. Will post if I ever do.

Thought some of you may want to also talk to the BRP rep so here is his info

His name is Georges and his number is : 1-888-272-9222

When I called back to leave times I would be available for his call the individual who answered spoke French and that threw me for a second but as soon as I started speaking English she switched to English without missing a beat.

I also told him about this great forum.

Best of luck!

Spyder Garage

There are good dealers and there are bad ones. We tend to hear mostly about the bad.

RE: BRP/Customer contact This has been an ongoing situation but it has seemed to have been stepped up a bit recently.

I have seen this situation since day one. The big complaints way back when, was when BRP pretty much totally ignored complaints about the product, the dealers, anything.

Things tend to move slowly, but there have been positive improvements in all of the above. I do know that it will never be perfect though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red