Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Passneger Armrest for ST

Does anybody know of an aftermarket passenger armrest for an ST Limited?

Spyder Garage

Default I have a set from ISCI

I have a set from ISCI on our 2014 ST-Limited. They are supporting vendors on this site. Click on the link and find the arm rest under ST products as Misc. We do like them. they are very well made. The instructions talk about installing with the Givi bags but for the Limited ignore them. The add-on Givi brackets are different that what Can-Am used on the Limited so just follow the standard installation.

I was afraid they would be wallaby but they are very solid. My wife and I have gotten used to them so when either of us is riding there job is to take pictures along the way.
    Chris Gammack
    You don't know what I don't know. I don't know what you don't know. All I can say is at my age what I don't know is huge.
    I call the Avatar "The first fifteen feet."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCGammack View Post
    I have a set from ISCI on our 2014 ST-Limited. They are supporting vendors on this site. Click on the link and find the arm rest under ST products as Misc. We do like them. they are very well made. The instructions talk about installing with the Givi bags but for the Limited ignore them. The add-on Givi brackets are different that what Can-Am used on the Limited so just follow the standard installation.

I was afraid they would be wallaby but they are very solid. My wife and I have gotten used to them so when either of us is riding there job is to take pictures along the way.
    What is "ISCI"

The Wife's 2014 RTS SE6
    New tires: Back, KUMHO ECSTA 225/50 R15 (24psi) @ 9,380 miles, Fronts, KUMHO SOLUS KH16 175/55 R15 (20 psi) @ 9,421 miles

Spyder Garage

www.isciride.com it is the company that makes arm rests for the ST.
    Chris Gammack
    You don't know what I don't know. I don't know what you don't know. All I can say is at my age what I don't know is huge.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

ISCI is a fantastic Mfg. of motorcycle and Spyder goodies as well as other thing not motorcycle related
    I have the arm rests on my Spyder they are great. find them at http://www.isciride.com or you can also
    find their products at www.motorcycledave.com
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    What is "ISCI"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ISCI Armrest

Thanks. I found them. They look very solid. I am really short waisted. In the photos I've seen they look tall. Haven't found a photo of someone sitting with them. Can a short woman rest her arms on them comfortably? Or will it feel like a child sitting in Daddy's chair? Was it difficult to install? I am mechanically challenged.
    Last edited by Cognac; 07-28-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default ISCI Arm Rests

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac View Post
    Thanks. I found them. They look very solid. I am really short waisted. In the photos I've seen they look tall. Haven't found a photo of someone sitting with them. Can a short woman rest her arms on them comfortably? Or will it feel like a child sitting in Daddy's chair? Was it difficult to install? I am mechanically challenged.
    I don't know how short is short, but my wife is 5'2" to 5'3" range. I myself am around 5'9" so we are not towering people. The arm rests are adjustable and we have them in the lowest setting right now. I think they look tall on the ST because they mount at the grab handle heights and the seat is actually higher than the handles. They are very comfortable for me and getting no complaints from my better half means she is ok with them.

As for installation it was very straight forward. As I said in my earlier post the instructions have a variation for mounting with the Givi bags. I soon discovered that this is for the BRP add on bags. The brackets are different for the add on bags vs the brackets on the ST-Limited bags that come standard on the Limited. Just use the instructions for Spyders without Givi bags and you will be fine. The fit and finish on the parts is excellent. I was very impressed with the machine work. I am not aware of any other makers of arm rests for the ST but am very satisfied with these.
    Chris Gammack

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't know how short is short, but my wife is 5'2" to 5'3" range. I myself am around 5'9" so we are not towering people. The arm rests are adjustable and we have them in the lowest setting right now. I think they look tall on the ST because they mount at the grab handle heights and the seat is actually higher than the handles. They are very comfortable for me and getting no complaints from my better half means she is ok with them.

As for installation it was very straight forward. As I said in my earlier post the instructions have a variation for mounting with the Givi bags. I soon discovered that this is for the BRP add on bags. The brackets are different for the add on bags vs the brackets on the ST-Limited bags that come standard on the Limited. Just use the instructions for Spyders without Givi bags and you will be fine. The fit and finish on the parts is excellent. I was very impressed with the machine work. I am not aware of any other makers of arm rests for the ST but am very satisfied with these.
    Your comments are very helpful and greatly appreciated. Just one more question before I order them, actually three. 1. What is the distance between the armrests (asking for a wide passenger's comfort). 2. Can you still reach and hold the hand rail if you want to? 3. I assume these will limit the ability of the passenger to lean with the driver in a curve. If so, does that negatively effect handling?

Spyder Garage

Default Good Queations

Your comments are very helpful and greatly appreciated. Just one more question before I order them, actually three. 1. What is the distance between the armrests (asking for a wide passenger's comfort). 2. Can you still reach and hold the hand rail if you want to? 3. I assume these will limit the ability of the passenger to lean with the driver in a curve. If so, does that negatively effect handling?
    I have never measured the distance between the arm rests. I will have to get back to you when I get home tonight. Watch for a post tomorrow.

Yes you can still reach the grab handles. I normally switch between the handles and the arm rests when my wife is piloting. When I have the camera I use the arm rests more, but when under breaking I will use the handles.

I may not be the best person to answer question 3. When my wife is riding I pick my corner speeds and apexes as though it was a pail of water behind me. I don't want to spill either the water or my wife. I believe that race tracks are the place for aggressive cornering not public roads. So for me I have not seen any negative effect on the handling.
    Chris Gammack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    ISCI is a fantastic Mfg. of motorcycle and Spyder goodies as well as other thing not motorcycle related
    I have the arm rests on my Spyder they are great. find them at http://www.isciride.com or you can also
    find their products at www.motorcycledave.com
    Dave
    ISCI does not have them for our bike...

The Wife's 2014 RTS SE6
    New tires: Back, KUMHO ECSTA 225/50 R15 (24psi) @ 9,380 miles, Fronts, KUMHO SOLUS KH16 175/55 R15 (20 psi) @ 9,421 miles

Spyder Garage

Default Not in stock or Discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    ISCI does not have them for our bike...
    They are listed for both the GS/RS and the ST on their web site. Did you talk to them? Are they out of stock or Discontinued?
    Chris Gammack

Spyder Garage

Default Answer to question #1

[QUOTE=JCGammack;1013964]I have never measured the distance between the arm rests. I will have to get back to you when I get home tonight. Watch for a post tomorrow.

I measured the distance between the arm rest pads and it is from 16" at the front to +15" toward the back rest.

I hope this helps.
    Chris Gammack

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=JCGammack;1014185]
    I have never measured the distance between the arm rests. I will have to get back to you when I get home tonight. Watch for a post tomorrow.

I measured the distance between the arm rest pads and it is from 16" at the front to +15" toward the back rest.

I hope this helps.

Perfect. That works. I called them and the had one in stock for the ST. It is on its way to me.
    Love this forum. So helpful.

Spyder Garage

Default Your Welcome

[QUOTE=Cognac;1014242]

Perfect. That works. I called them and the had one in stock for the ST. It is on its way to me.
    Love this forum. So helpful.
    Your welcome happy to help. I think you will like them.
    Chris Gammack

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Armrest attached!

Got the armrests today. ISCI provide great service and an excellent product. We installed them this afternoon and enjoyed a test ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Looks Good

Looks real good. I think you will enjoy having the arm rests. We do!

Got the armrests today. ISCI provide great service and an excellent product. We installed them this afternoon and enjoyed a test ride.
    Chris Gammack