Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Different kind of highway pegs?

I have a 2014 RT Ltd. and me having a 31-32" inseam, I need highway pegs. I have looked at (and tried) one of the sets that have the peg positioned above the curved splash guard. Those do me no good. First, they don't let me stretch OUT -- just UP. That puts my hips at a more-acute angle and causes almost immediate cramping. All the kinds of peg set-ups I've seen, so far, mount the pegs above the guard. I don't want that.

I'd like to find a set of pegs that are positioned at the bottom of the splash guard so my legs can extend downward and forward. Ideally, I would like to just remove the splash guards so the pegs could be positioned a little closer to the body of the bike. But I don't know if that's feasible. Does anyone know if leaving off those splash guards will cause any problems? (I almost never ride in very rainy conditions, so those guards are basically cosmetic.) Any suggestions? Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check out Lamonster's pegs that attach to the floorboards. I didn't get them because they go too wide for my comfort and for my shorter legs. I think a guy's seating position would be best with them.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DIY

I made brackets that fit inside the splash guards,( hidden ) so I can safely use them as HIGHWAY pegs......but that wouldn't help you......I do think you could just re-move the plastic and add pegs ...there are mounting points under the plastic ( to the frame ).......good luck.....Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pull those deflectors off, get the Tupperware secured back to the frame, and then look for your mounting points.
    Good Luck; we'll want to see the results.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by etaoin View Post
    I have a 2014 RT Ltd. and me having a 31-32" inseam, I need highway pegs. I have looked at (and tried) one of the sets that have the peg positioned above the curved splash guard. Those do me no good. First, they don't let me stretch OUT -- just UP. That puts my hips at a more-acute angle and causes almost immediate cramping. All the kinds of peg set-ups I've seen, so far, mount the pegs above the guard. I don't want that.

I'd like to find a set of pegs that are positioned at the bottom of the splash guard so my legs can extend downward and forward. Ideally, I would like to just remove the splash guards so the pegs could be positioned a little closer to the body of the bike. But I don't know if that's feasible. Does anyone know if leaving off those splash guards will cause any problems? (I almost never ride in very rainy conditions, so those guards are basically cosmetic.) Any suggestions? Thanks.
    You might at what I did, the height works for me but you could adjust them down, even invert them, just cut off the excess "raiser"

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...making-it-mine Post #17

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the ideas. We'll see what I can come up with.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by etaoin View Post

Good Morning,
    Our Highway Brackets offer multiple adjustments to accommodate any height. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee so its a win win
    I have attached a flyer with the information but if you would like to know more give us a call at 1800-451-9464.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is my setup and I am comfortable..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trikermutha; 07-29-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Here is my setup and I am comfortable..
    Tell us more about your setup please!