Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't they start them up, and drive them off the transports?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Not sure why you feel this way. All cars, even those shipped by ocean freight have all fluids, including gas and are in running order when they leave the factory. I am sure there are a few exceptions like kit cars etc but for the most part this is commonplace.
    Yes I see your point on this...........My thinking was the Spyder is un-assembled ....secured to a pallet...and then wrapped pretty tight .????....Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Now some good news. Dealership called this morning and identical F3S is ready for pick up. Ran down over lunch and signed the new paperwork, picked up the keys and will go back later to ride it home....YES, it was hard to leave it there, but being single, didn't have anyone to drive my car back until later.

Excited....wind therapy quickly approaching.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yes I see your point on this...........My thinking was the Spyder is un-assembled ....secured to a pallet...and then wrapped pretty tight .????....Mike
    When I was at the factory they were building the 2014's so no F3's. Each one was tested on a dyno like test station. Started and run through the gears. Lights and other stuff tested as well. They had the front wheels on but no front trunk or fenders. So they had to have all the fluids in at that time. I did not see the crating part but the front wheels come back off and the other dealer installed parts are put in the crate.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZF3S View Post
    Now some good news. Dealership called this morning and identical F3S is ready for pick up. Ran down over lunch and signed the new paperwork, picked up the keys and will go back later to ride it home....YES, it was hard to leave it there, but being single, didn't have anyone to drive my car back until later.

Excited....wind therapy quickly approaching.

That's GREAT news!!
    Here's to hoping that "Love IS better; the second time around."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Not sure how "wet" they are after testing and whether anything is drained before crating. I know in the company I work for (propulsion engines and APUs for major aerospace companies, the units are drained (very well I might add), prior to shipping. Freight companies do not like units full of such things as oil and jet fuel.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Was your dealer a Ride Now Motorsports? I am sure everyone would like to know here in AZ. They do not have the best reputation but are a monopoly in this part of the world with 36+ dealerships. BRP and not the dealer would have made this decision to replace anyway. I do not think that a crate build would involve anything internal such as the engine so it most likely was the engine build.

Jack
    I would tend to believe your theory on Ride Not; this is like deja vu all over again to me, LOL I bought a 2010 at a Ride Not in Ocala,FL and got about 2 miles before the oil exploded out the bottom of the engine and covered the windshield of my wifes car who was 100 feet behind me. I had it trucked back to the dealer and they wanted to fix the engine......wife went ballistic at them and they finally gave us a new Spyder. End of the story is that they were using this as a demo and later we talked to someone who had ridden it and said it wouldnt shift gears so he just rode it in 1st gear to about 60 - 70 mph. they sold it to me as being new. im on my 4th Spyder and needless to say none of the last 3 have been bought from that dealer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got the "new" F3 home this afternoon....what a kick. It's new but I'm really enjoying it.

thanks to all contributing to this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I got the "new" F3 home this afternoon....what a kick. It's new but I'm really enjoying it.

thanks to all contributing to this thread.
    Damn glad you got the fastest color. I am happy it worked out. Enjoy it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Went in and ordered a windshield and brake rod for Ufit. Spoke with one of the salesmen I'd worked with. This F3 is still in the shop, awaiting a new engine from BRP. Told me there was a blockage in an oil passage, resulting in failure of internals. Didn't elaborate any further.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I would tend to believe your theory on Ride Not; this is like deja vu all over again to me, LOL I bought a 2010 at a Ride Not in Ocala,FL and got about 2 miles before the oil exploded out the bottom of the engine and covered the windshield of my wifes car who was 100 feet behind me. I had it trucked back to the dealer and they wanted to fix the engine......wife went ballistic at them and they finally gave us a new Spyder. End of the story is that they were using this as a demo and later we talked to someone who had ridden it and said it wouldnt shift gears so he just rode it in 1st gear to about 60 - 70 mph. they sold it to me as being new. im on my 4th Spyder and needless to say none of the last 3 have been bought from that dealer
    They must have changed their test ride policy shortly after that. Ride Now insist that none of their 37 or 38 stores provide test or demo rides of any sort, to anyone.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The engine failure was caused by oil starvation. Engine was replaced by BRP and dealer was to ship blown engine straight to Rotax. Service advisor showed me a few pics. In addition to pics of metal chips etc, one was very interesting. Looking into end of oil filter, the inside diameter had collapsed, almost like caused by a vacuum.

THE NEW NIGHTMARE
    I wish i had had done as much research on the dealer as I did on the F3. Had to order the Blue Ridge windshield and brake extension for u-fit. Apparently RideNow maintains approximately zero inventory on accessories. When parts arrived, I decided to just have them install them. And the nightmares began. When finally called and told work was complete, my girlfriend took me to the dealer where I was told there was a bolt missing for the windshield and they'd have it ready in 30 minutes.

When I got home I'm looking over the windshield and find the side mounts are NOT firmly attached. If any of you know this to be normal, let me know. Otherwise, ***** hits the fan Tuesday when Service Dept opens

Spyder Garage

Default WELL - WELL

The engine failure was caused by oil starvation. Engine was replaced by BRP and dealer was to ship blown engine straight to Rotax. Service advisor showed me a few pics. In addition to pics of metal chips etc, one was very interesting. Looking into end of oil filter, the inside diameter had collapsed, almost like caused by a vacuum.

THE NEW NIGHTMARE
    I wish i had had done as much research on the dealer as I did on the F3. Had to order the Blue Ridge windshield and brake extension for u-fit. Apparently RideNow maintains approximately zero inventory on accessories. When parts arrived, I decided to just have them install them. And the nightmares began. When finally called and told work was complete, my girlfriend took me to the dealer where I was told there was a bolt missing for the windshield and they'd have it ready in 30 minutes.

When I got home I'm looking over the windshield and find the side mounts are NOT firmly attached. If any of you know this to be normal, let me know. Otherwise, ***** hits the fan Tuesday when Service Dept opens
    ........I'll stick by my first assessment on this one........DEALER DID'NT PUT OIL IN, IN THE FIRST PLACE....You have survived so far !!!!...... How many times do you think this is going to happen.......................jmho, Mike

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

THE NEW NIGHTMARE

The thing that amazes me is that Ride Now boasts about being a PLATINUM Level Spyder service center. I assume that their techs would have had to go through extensive training and testing to acheive that level.

Pam

Spyder Garage

Those filters don't collapse easily.

Check out this thread about the KTM SD and a collapsed filter: http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...-fail.1060349/

Dunno if that helps any.

Spyder Garage

Default DEALER RATINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    The thing that amazes me is that Ride Now boasts about being a PLATINUM Level Spyder service center. I assume that their techs would have had to go through extensive training and testing to acheive that level.

Pam
    Actually Pam the number of units SOLD is far more important than anything else in the RATINGS, in fact COMPETANCY may be at the bottom of the list just behind HONESTY.........jmho.......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THE NEW NIGHTMARE

It is very typical of Ride Now. Grommets pushed through, bolts missing, tabs broken off and all around shoddy workmanship.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post

Pam
    Pam, the techs may be certified but I think that their problem is that the techs do not remove the panels themselves. They must use cheap labor to do the removal and replacement and they do not properly train them in how to do it. They use these same people to prep the Spyders for delivery also.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have only a Ride Now within 4 hours of driving, I haven't heard anyone recommend them in this city or any other. IMO the problem lies with the fact that the guy that owns all of them is now rich and doesn't pay attention to his business. When management doesn't demand perfection the lower people aren't going to do it on their own. I asked the local one if they had any events for Spyder people or sponsored anything. The response was "Oh no, we don't bother". IMO that is simple marketing 101. Bare minimum get a list together so people can find each other. I'm talking to the Victory/Indian/Polaris dealer here to get the BUDS system and start working on them. And to put the Spyder people together meetings.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue F3-s ?

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Not sure why you feel this way. All cars, even those shipped by ocean freight have all fluids, including gas and are in running order when they leave the factory. I am sure there are a few exceptions like kit cars etc but for the most part this is commonplace.

I know now this is way off topic but is that a paint job because I thought the f3 did not com in blue ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinscove3404 View Post
    I know now this is way off topic but is that a paint job because I thought the f3 did not com in blue ?

Yes, full custom paint. Bike had to be blue and I just liked the F3 too much to let color stand in the way.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JC,
    Your bike is the proof that it SHOULD be available in Blue!