Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Brake Pedal

  1. #1
    Active Member TheCajun1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kilgore Tx.
    Posts
    230
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Brake Pedal

    Well I got tired of trying to find the brake pedal with my big ole foot, I ordered the full pedal from spyderpops. Got it and installed it. A lot larger then orginal.

    pedal1.jpg

    Took bike for a ride and found the pedal took up a lot of the floorboard and no place to put my foot!

    pedal 2.jpg

    So I took the pedal off and found the band saw and a finishing sander with 220 grid paper.
    I cut the pedal at an angle about a 1/4 in from the line imprinted on the pedal and then used the sander to roll the edges. Its longer then an original and not as hard to find now!

    pedal3.jpg pedal4.jpg


    2018 White F3 Limited
    F4 25" Windshield with vent, UltraGuard 1/2 Cover, Rivco Flag holders, Show Chrome Rear 0rganizer, FOBO Spyder TPMS,
    GMax OF Helmets with Sena 20s, Air Force A10 Gremlin Pewter Bell.

    LAMonster:
    Spyder Cuff with X grip, Rear Cup Holder, Belt Tensioner, Position 4 Brake Bar.

    SpyderPOPS:
    Top Case Seat Extender, Top Case Brake Modulator, Foam Grips, Missing Belt Guard, Wolo Horn

  2. #2
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    30,757
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Well done...

    Looks like a great solution and nicely done...congrats... Did something similar though not having flooorboards not a problem....

    20160125_091712.jpg
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

    ​2012 RS sm5

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Parkesburg,Pa
    Posts
    266
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    nice job,I was going to get one of those but it looked too big.Liked the way you cut it down,I am going to rethink ordering one and do the same.

  4. #4
    Active Member TheCajun1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kilgore Tx.
    Posts
    230
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slick999 View Post
    nice job,I was going to get one of those but it looked too big.Liked the way you cut it down,I am going to rethink ordering one and do the same.
    Just plan it out how you want to cut it and what with, then take your time.
    2018 White F3 Limited
    F4 25" Windshield with vent, UltraGuard 1/2 Cover, Rivco Flag holders, Show Chrome Rear 0rganizer, FOBO Spyder TPMS,
    GMax OF Helmets with Sena 20s, Air Force A10 Gremlin Pewter Bell.

    LAMonster:
    Spyder Cuff with X grip, Rear Cup Holder, Belt Tensioner, Position 4 Brake Bar.

    SpyderPOPS:
    Top Case Seat Extender, Top Case Brake Modulator, Foam Grips, Missing Belt Guard, Wolo Horn

  5. #5
    Active Member wd8ajj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Las Cruces NM
    Posts
    305
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Good Idea. Was not sure if that could be done. Like to take about 3/4" off of mine and that also might drop enough weight that the brake lights will not stay on due to the weight of mine.

  6. #6
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    3,160
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I did mine (DIY) and never have any problem.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

  7. #7
    Active Member TheCajun1957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kilgore Tx.
    Posts
    230
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    Good Idea. Was not sure if that could be done. Like to take about 3/4" off of mine and that also might drop enough weight that the brake lights will not stay on due to the weight of mine.
    The metal plate at the core is trough out the pedal, so when you cut the pedal shorter you will see metal at the end, use some fine sandpaper and polish the metal, gives it a little classy look, if you have chrome floorboards, it kinda blends in.
    2018 White F3 Limited
    F4 25" Windshield with vent, UltraGuard 1/2 Cover, Rivco Flag holders, Show Chrome Rear 0rganizer, FOBO Spyder TPMS,
    GMax OF Helmets with Sena 20s, Air Force A10 Gremlin Pewter Bell.

    LAMonster:
    Spyder Cuff with X grip, Rear Cup Holder, Belt Tensioner, Position 4 Brake Bar.

    SpyderPOPS:
    Top Case Seat Extender, Top Case Brake Modulator, Foam Grips, Missing Belt Guard, Wolo Horn

  8. #8
    Active Member FlyBoy2121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    62
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Cajun1957

    I too have a brake pedal 4 '' wide, the why of this pedal wide, these I have arthritis to the toes, the little pedal origin it is very small immediate foot pains, Problem I could not put my foot properly on the floorborrd.
    Here is what I did, I machined an aluminum block of 1 '' 1/4 x 1 '' 1/4 x 2 '' 1/4 make holes in the block, buy bolts longer, a little locktite on the bolts, and you can put your foot under the brake pedal, these SUPER.

    FlyBoy2121

  9. #9
    Active Member spyder01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    millsboro,delaware
    Posts
    97
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Looks good but what happens when you slam your foot for hard stop,will the floorboard still drop away or does it hit the board and keep you from getting full brake pressure?
    2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

  10. #10
    Active Member MeudtPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Monroe, WI
    Posts
    78
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Great improvement and nice job theCajun! I was thinking this big brake pedal was extreme in length also and plan to do your mod on mine. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Well I got tired of trying to find the brake pedal with my big ole foot, I ordered the full pedal from spyderpops. Got it and installed it. A lot larger then orginal.

    pedal1.jpg

    Took bike for a ride and found the pedal took up a lot of the floorboard and no place to put my foot!

    pedal 2.jpg

    So I took the pedal off and found the band saw and a finishing sander with 220 grid paper.
    I cut the pedal at an angle about a 1/4 in from the line imprinted on the pedal and then used the sander to roll the edges. Its longer then an original and not as hard to find now!

    pedal3.jpg pedal4.jpg


    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME

  11. #11
    Active Member MeudtPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Monroe, WI
    Posts
    78
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I tried the new large pedal and it still drops the floorboard like the original in my opnion. Is everyone here on the same page regarding this major safety question?
    I don't want to compromise anything as important as brakes for sure!
    Here is Spyderpops SPY208 info:
    THIS NEW BRAKE PEDAL IS BIG ENOUGH TO GET YOUR FOOT ON REAL GOOD. IT'S 4" WIDE AND MATCHES THE FACTORY FLOORBOARDS. THIS IS THE ANSWER FOR WHEN YOU CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE PEDAL IN A HURRY.

    IT JUST BOLTS ON WITH THE FACTORY BOLTS IN THE FACTORY HOLES, EASY AS IT GETS.

    FITS ALL SPYDERS. DO NOT USE WITH NON STOCK FLOORBOARDS THAT WILL RESTRICT THE TRAVEL OF THE PEDAL!!!!

    MADE BY SHOW CHROME
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    Looks good but what happens when you slam your foot for hard stop,will the floorboard still drop away or does it hit the board and keep you from getting full brake pressure?
    Got mine done! Painted the end BLUE to match my Spyder so no rust later on.
    Large brake pedal customized.jpg
    Last edited by MeudtPG; 01-17-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Picture
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME

  12. #12
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Natchez, Ms
    Posts
    375
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I put a lamonster pedal on my new rtl. Great
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •