Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Broken sway bar link

Wife and I left yesterday morning for a 10 day plus motorcycle vacation traveling from central Ohio to Front Royal, VA, on day one. About 100 miles out of Front Royal while cruising the curves on US50 east I hear a hard snap and felt an immediate change in the front suspension. I have the Bajaron sway bar on our 2014 RT Limited and we are pulling our RT-622 trailer. So, figuring the right sway bar link snapped, I lightened up a bit on the remaining curves . Got into Front Royal about 5:30pm and you could see the link hanging on the right side. It snapped high, at the upper connection point. Checked into the Hampton Inn and crashed.

We planned on spending a day in Front Royal before running Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway on our way down to Maggie Valley. Tomorrow I will start exploring what options I may have to get a link replacement. I am hoping that I will not need to drive in granny mode our entire trip.

I plan to check for dealers here and along our way. If anyone knows where I can get a replacement link I sure would appreciate it.

Plan to get the metal replacements from Bajaron once a get back home. May try to see if he could ship them to the motel we will be staying in Maggie Valley.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bet if you call Ron he would overnight a link to you. Good luck, enjoy your trip.

Spyder Garage

Sent an email, will check in the morning.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights

Spyder Garage

Default Need info

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbitten View Post
    Bet if you call Ron he would overnight a link to you. Good luck, enjoy your trip.
    When you say to call Ron, I don't know who that is ??????? I want to get the Bajaron Sway Bar and Hemi Links I have read about on this forum. Where do you recommend I order from?????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    When you say to call Ron, I don't know who that is ??????? I want to get the Bajaron Sway Bar and Hemi Links I have read about on this forum. Where do you recommend I order from?????
    Ron is Bajaron. He's a site sponsor, doesn't have a web site as such but all his contact details are here:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rs-amp-Helmets

Spyder Garage

Default Here is a phone number

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    Wife and I left yesterday morning for a 10 day plus motorcycle vacation traveling from central Ohio to Front Royal, VA, on day one. About 100 miles out of Front Royal while cruising the curves on US50 east I hear a hard snap and felt an immediate change in the front suspension. I have the Bajaron sway bar on our 2014 RT Limited and we are pulling our RT-622 trailer. So, figuring the right sway bar link snapped, I lightened up a bit on the remaining curves . Got into Front Royal about 5:30pm and you could see the link hanging on the right side. It snapped high, at the upper connection point. Checked into the Hampton Inn and crashed.

We planned on spending a day in Front Royal before running Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway on our way down to Maggie Valley. Tomorrow I will start exploring what options I may have to get a link replacement. I am hoping that I will not need to drive in granny mode our entire trip.

I plan to check for dealers here and along our way. If anyone knows where I can get a replacement link I sure would appreciate it.

Plan to get the metal replacements from Bajaron once a get back home. May try to see if he could ship them to the motel we will be staying in Maggie Valley.

Value accesories is selling Bajaron parts. Here is their site. http://store.valueaccessories.net/ Thhere is a phone number you can call, to take arrangements.

Ron is at the Spyderfest this week and might be difficult to reach.

Hoping this helps.

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope you're back on the road real soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got two sets of the OEM end links... PM me if you need one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Why do you have plastic stock end links on an RT BajaRon bar? He will not even sell the bar without links. Who installed it for you? If you have a RT BajaRon bar, the upgraded metal links are REQUIRED and highly recommended for all others.

That said, you might also try Lamonster Garage or Spyderpops as they both also carry the end links and may be able to overnight you a pair.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Bought the bar from Ron and the dealer installed it for me as part of the bikes prep when I bought it new. I guess back in early 2014 the links were not a mandatory.

Spyder Garage

Ron lives about 65 miles from Maggie Valley. If you shoot me your phone number I'll have him give you a call.

Spyder Garage

Ron sent me an invoice. Thanks, but all seems to be taken care. Kudos to Ron!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Richardv View Post
    Value accesories is selling Bajaron parts. Here is their site. http://store.valueaccessories.net/ Thhere is a phone number you can call, to take arrangements.

Ron is at the Spyderfest this week and might be difficult to reach.

Hoping this helps.
    Ron is not at Spyderfest or Spyderquest. Pretty sure he's home and less than 70 miles from them. I'm sure he could get him a link today.

Spyder Garage

Way to go Lamont! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Ron is not at Spyderfest or Spyderquest. Pretty sure he's home and less than 70 miles from them. I'm sure he could get him a link today.
    Cool

Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

IMAG0471.jpg

Looks like an original to me.

Spyder Garage

Default Help is on the way

Ron Is dispatching a set of the metal links to Maggie Valley. Meantime a fellow Spyderlover nearby (some 60 miles away) is on his way with a set of original links that he kept after putting Ron's links on his bike. Thanks Tip!!!

By noon I should have the replacement done and we will be able to enjoy our ride down the Skyline and Blue Ridge. Will put Ron's metal links on when I get to Maggie Valley on Saturday.

Great forum, greater people!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    They don't let me out of the asylum much anymore so I am indeed at home. I had the same question that many of you had. How did this bar kit go out without the billet aluminum links? Very early on I did sell this bar kit without the links as preliminary testing did not produce any failures. But it was not long before it was discovered that the OEM links would not handle the additional stress and I sent emails out letting the non-linked up customers know that the OEM links needed to be changed out.

As with any such process, there may have been some that fell through the cracks. So, if by some incredible string of events anyone is running a 2013- current RT BajaRon sway bar with OEM links, please get in touch with me ASAP and we will get it worked out.

I had family over last night so I did not get to this issue until this morning so thank you all very much for filling in for me. Customer service (and just plain good support for Spyder riders) is very important to me and I know to all of you. It's a great team to be a part of!

Special thanks to Lamont!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Nice...!!

Can't add much but just comment on how well this site works to help its members and all spyder ryders... fear not your trip will be great all the way to Maggie Valley..and home again...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yep

Truly great that people can get help like this on this site. Way to pull together. I bought the bar for my 13 RTL from a dealer that is now out of business, Twin Cities Motorsports. The kit only contained the bar no links. We have broken one of the OEM links, and we are in the shop for a suspected other one breaking. Ugh!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Hi Ron,

Re: Customer service (and just plain good support for Spyder riders) is very important to me and I know to all of you.

I have dealt with many, many suppliers for my business over the years. Based upon my personel experiences with you, I can highly second this statement.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default On the road again

Tip showed up in record time with his OEM links, ramps and tools. AWESOME!!! He even dove under the bike when I had trouble getting the bolt through the top connection.

Seems I have a few other issues. The sway bar is not centered. Called Ron and he asked about the position of the collars. What collars? No collars. Are there dimples? No dimples. Now Ron was really stumped. How the heck did this bar did sent out without link, and now, without collars. No problem. The package that will await my arrival in Maggie Valley on Saturday will have links, collars and fresh bolts to boot! Ron is the man!

All seems good for the run south on Skyline Drive tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    Tip showed up in record time with his OEM links, ramps and tools. AWESOME!!! He even dove under the bike when I had trouble getting the bolt through the top connection.

Seems I have a few other issues. The sway bar is not centered. Called Ron and he asked about the position of the collars. What collars? No collars. Are there dimples? No dimples. Now Ron was really stumped. How the heck did this bar did sent out without link, and now, without collars. No problem. The package that will await my arrival in Maggie Valley on Saturday will have links, collars and fresh bolts to boot! Ron is the man!

All seems good for the run south on Skyline Drive tomorrow.
    Here's Tip helping.
    IMAG0472.jpg

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This web site is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    They don't let me out of the asylum much anymore so I am indeed at home. I had the same question that many of you had. How did this bar kit go out without the billet aluminum links? Very early on I did sell this bar kit without the links as preliminary testing did not produce any failures. But it was not long before it was discovered that the OEM links would not handle the additional stress and I sent emails out letting the non-linked up customers know that the OEM links needed to be changed out.

As with any such process, there may have been some that fell through the cracks. So, if by some incredible string of events anyone is running a 2013- current RT BajaRon sway bar with OEM links, please get in touch with me ASAP and we will get it worked out.

I had family over last night so I did not get to this issue until this morning so thank you all very much for filling in for me. Customer service (and just plain good support for Spyder riders) is very important to me and I know to all of you. It's a great team to be a part of!

Special thanks to Lamont!
    FYI, Central FL Powersports installed your bar on my 2014 sometime in 2015. I didn't know about the metal links until I read about them on the forum. I bought a set and put them on myself. So, I'm not sure everyone got the word.