Are there niggly bits associated with the 2014 RT? Indeed, there are - a noisy fuel pump, a front end that grinds on bad roads, but that's it for my RT. I just bought a 2015 Outback, and it's not perfect either - but in neither case, are the niggly bits really an issue, and all are correctable, with a wee bit of money and effort.

My RT likes to be shifted around 2K for the smoothest shift, but happily changes at 5K too. Unlike my 2010 with the SE, it will putt all day at 2K RPM, and has power from 1500 rpm - it's NOT a high revver - unlike my 2010 RT, I just have to pop the seat up to check the oil. Unlike my 2010, or any other 990, there's never been any kind of heat issue. Maintenance is less, less frequent, and less costly. Finally, it has a bigger fuel tank, and gets better milage than my 2010.

I could nit pick the bike all day, but it's far better than any of the 990s I have ridden - and frankly, I rather ride it. I'm sure that If I had a more serious issue (like the key bit), I might have a slightly less favorable view - but I doubt it. All of our toys have imperfections - I suspect , for the price, a new Bently might have fewer than most, but perhaps not.

I am pleased with my 2014 RT, very happy I made the change to it, and look forward to thousands of happy miles on it. Since I really didn't see any real changes with the 2015s, those should bring good service too.

I'm offering these thoughts as a counterbalance to negative posts. I was quite happy with my 2010, which never let me down, or failed to perform as I asked - again, I never saw the issues a few others mentioned - and I did invest in making her ride like I wanted. It's just that the 2014 IS better, and much better out of the box. We have all - including BRP - learned a lot in the last 5 years...