Yes, I am an old guy, but am heavily into tech, and enjoy it (after all, I ryde a Spyder). However, I read post after post about "communications packages". I don't understand why anyone would ever want one - other than, perhaps, a cop on a Spyder.

I ryde to "get away" and enjoy the small amount of time where all senses are engaged in a pleasurable activity - at my age, one of the few left. Anyway, if I want/need to talk to my SO, and she's with me, I can pull over, and enjoy the conversation in a spot we've probably never been in before. I never want to talk to someone else while riding, certainly never want to hear my phone (locked away in the trunk!!), and could care less what the GPS wants to squawk. I will admit to occasionally enjoying tunes from my iPod, but never the radio while ryding (too distracting). Are the people who want these things the same ones who text while driving? Perhaps they don't have the nuts on the road that we do??

I do understand there are different strokes for different folks, but perhaps you could just settle in and enjoy HIS gifts to you instead. Just a thought from the road.