Well, we've all heard of this type of accident: Going straight through an intersection in San Luis Obispo, CA on a recent long ride (I live 90 Miles SE of Tucson in Bisbee, AZ) and a teenage boy "didn't see me" coming from the opposite direction stopped mid intersection, then floored his SUV and turns left in front of me. (I hung on pretty good I guess - and we were both going slow enough) for I hung on as my Spyder and I stopped spinning and was not thown into the surrounding traffic.

I walked away virtually unscathed but my ride wasn't drivable so I had the Spyder towed to the nearest dealer in Ventura, CA where they determined my trusty steed of over 34,000 smiles (Premier Edition #249) was totalled. (Counting my blessings!)

I have several questions:

1. Ergonomically speaking, which of today's models is most and least similar to the GS?
2. How are the E5 transmissions working out ( I remember there being problems in the early ones)?
3. Which dealers in your area are most willing to deal on the prices. ( Back in December '07 I ended up flying to Corona, CA, riding back and still saving several thousand over what any AZ dealers were willing to do...at the time)
4. I am thinking about a '13 RS-S in the metallic orange, are they or any other color/model hard to find by comparison? Also, what kine of prices are you all paying out there for this model?
5. Who offers the most quiet large coverage windshield out there?
6. Any newish service bulletins or mechanical issues to be aware of out there?
7. If there are any other Premier members out there still, have any of you been able to negotiate a few more pennies from your insurer based upom it being a P.E.?

Thanks in advance!

Steve