Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Works Performance Shocks Installed!

OK got Spyder back from dealer ... yippie all my warranty repairs done, DPS Recall done, Vibration bolt clearance done, and WP Shocks installed!

The blue springs are 300 lbs and the black small spring at the bottom of the shock is I think 435 lbs. You can barely see the black springs in the last picture ... The external reservoir is piggy back so no need to find a remote place to mount!! and the shock is installed like OEM shocks upside down (designed that way) so that the shaft is protected under the spyder. The price was slightly less then the Elkas so pretty please all around....

Spyder Garage

Smile

here is information from previous post about pricing:
    I went with WP shocks due to:

1. dual springs: a 300 lb and a 2nd higher rate spring. When the 300 lb is maxed the 2nd spring kicks in to keep the Roadster stable. when not needed you operate on the 300 lb spring mainly... so you get the best of both worlds.

2. has the external res. not prob needed but good to max the life of the internal shock fluid. also its mounted to the shock so no extra mounting or worry about the hose to the external reservoir.

3. Biggest thing was that they designed their shocks to be installed upside down like the stock shocks. so that the exposed shaft is up under the Spyder and not directly exposed like the Elkas. Yes I could put a shock cover on the Elkas but then they cover up the nice looks

4. looks wise these are polished aluminum body with powder coated light blue springs. you can get blue, black or white or for extra chrome springs

5. Oh yeah after install ... they do not affect the front end height. do not raise the front end any. I want to keep as low a center of gravity as possible...

they are not listed on their website yet:
    http://www.worksperformance.com/html/home.html

thanks to 3Ryder for leading the way. they tested his RTS at the WP Factory to make sure the springs were correct and the design (ie. upside down shocks):
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22909

Pricing is: based off the PRO series and it billet aluminum. that is the only finish for the PRO series. All have the piggy back external reservoir
    • $1019 full adjustable (Rebound, Damping, ect)
    • $849 Rebound only adjustable
    • $749 non adjustable

I chose the $749 as I just don't see adjusting them when riding. plus shipping....

if you want to cut cost it is $100 less for the powder coated BLACK powder coated model non pro without the external reservoir.
    $100 less then BLACK powder coated model for the STEEL body all black as well.

Spyder Garage

Default Great Post!

And they look great with the light blue power coat.