Spyder Garage

Default Digital display goes away

After riding my RT for even short periods and restarting, my digital display does not come back on. Sometimes I have to push the Mode button to restart it, but sometimes it will just restart without pushing the Mode button. Sometimes the display will come back on by itself and other times it will only come back on after it has been shut down and allowed to completely cool down.
    When the display is blank, I have no audio, can't read or set any of the trip odometer functions, however, I still can use the cruise control. I am planning on taking the bike in for the recalls and will mention this problem to the dealer at that time. (He has been made aware of the issue before, but had no information from BRP about this problem)
    I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Check out this. It addresses some guage malfunctions
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/spyderbu...0-009%20en.pdf

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Check out this. It addresses some guage malfunctions
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/spyderbu...0-009%20en.pdf
    I checked that out before I wrote the thread and none of those symptoms matched the ones I was having with my Spyder and as I said; the dealer had not heard of those issues with any other bike or from BRP.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

This has been reported on SpyderLovers before. I get real tired of these dealers that shrug their shouldwers and say "I never heard of it." They can call BRP tech to get answers. Make them do their jobs! You probably need a new cluster.