Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Mine has been in the shop since Jun 30th. I dropped it off for the 9k mile maintenance (oil change), to install a juicebox, and because my brakes were squealing loud.

Been waiting over 2 weeks now....

Coleman Powersports in VA
    ------------------------------------------------
    HappySpyderOwner

Spyder Garage

My power steering failure falls into the "dealers that can't seem to fix the problem" category. I've taken it in 4 times to 3 different technicians and have over a month in the shop.

First attempt at repair - 11/3/09 through 11/19/09 (replaced DPS)

Second attempt at repair - 11/28/09 (was turned away and was told: there's nothing left to replace, stiff turning is a characteristic of the Spyder, maybe it's the VSS kicking in)

Third attempt at repair - ? through 12/07/09 (adjusted the steering angle sensor and the steering torque sensor)

Fourth attempt at repair - 6/30/10 through 7/9/10 (tech reported no fault codes, no recalls, test ride OK, and gave it back)

It would seem that I fixed it myself.

Full thread here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15260

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Well i guess i can come off the waiting list now, [3 WEEKS] Got the Spyder out of the shop this afternoon [ECM] rode it home 80+ miles seems to be running good?
    I'm still not happy about waiting that long for a part.

Spyder Garage

Mine was in for DPS replacement for 3 weeks. DPS on back order so I removed Spyder from dealer. From what I am told DPS unit is still on B.O. so DPS looking to be at dealer around mid August. So if I had left it there at dealer it would end up being about 8 weeks total. Ill keep updating - Im hoping they get part in sooner : )

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'm at about 2 months now and am supposed to pick my spyder back on Saturday, but who knows...

I hope it runs fine now because I already missed June and July.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder ready

Myis supposedly ready, but their driver is on vacation so they can't trailer the spyder to me until Tues. It's already been 7 weeks, what's another weekend?
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default three months in service

Hi Guys,
    in my book it's exact the same, two weeks at most.
    I bought my Spyder in Ireland as The first brand new, Irish registered Spyder. This was just about year ago. Bought it from Irish Agent of UK Dealership, same as other guys here in Green Country. Three months ago on my ride out my Spyder colapsed. It lost power almost in milisecond, horrible sound from engine or gearbox(like you shake tin half-filled with coins, all controls on left side of the gauge went balistic, all this happend in less then 10 seconds. I contacted Agent, he advised to not start the engine(obviously) and call Mondial(this is company covering 2 years standard warranty for Spyders in Europe). So i called Mondial, recovery van was with me whitin 30 minutes, Mondial called me back that bike has to be brought over to UK but because original Dealership, where my Spyder came from is gone, it was brought to other Dealership, which contacted me asking for proof of purchase and ownership because my Spyder is not in the BRP system and they can't carry any work on it till all boxes are ticked, because BRP will not cover it. OK so, i contacted Agent who i bought my Spyder from and he took care of it all. Three weeks later i called them, wondering why it's taking so long and they said that they didn't get going yet because BRP didn't authorize repair. I called Agent again, he thought that i calling him about my Spyder been back from service, he was almost as furious as i was because he sorted it out 3 weeks ago with BRP UK. Now he did it again and i called BRP myself and made sure is right now. If you think i got some apolgies, you are wrong. Next they Dealership called me that all boxes are ticked and they going ahead with repair. After another month(7weeks total, now) they called me that engine has to be replaced but BRP has to authorize first, another week later got BRP authorization and engine was ordered, another two weeks later - new story = engine will be repaired, parts need to be ordered and so on. Last time i heard from them was this saturday 24 th of July,in the morning, saying that machine is fixed, tested, perfect and they are going to get Mondial to collect machine and deliver back to me and they let me know later that morning when i can expect my Spyder back. Did not hear from them since, waited till 1 o'clock pm, checked with Mondial my self - they were not contacted at all, called dealership non-stop till 2pm when they closing and no one answered, left message, no one called me back. This is 13 weeks my Spyder in service, when you take 3 weeks of waiting for BRP's authorization down, it still 10 bloody weeks and not a one bloody word from BRP, nothing at all. Only person who ever bothers to comunicate with me is mechanic who looked after my Spyder. And now tell me what would you do if in my place?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder30517 View Post
    Mine was in for DPS replacement for 3 weeks. DPS on back order so I removed Spyder from dealer. From what I am told DPS unit is still on B.O. so DPS looking to be at dealer around mid August. So if I had left it there at dealer it would end up being about 8 weeks total. Ill keep updating - Im hoping they get part in sooner : )

Well, as of Tuesday the July 27th mine is still in the shop for the DPS issue. Thats 16 weeks!! If I wasnt stuck over here in the sandobox I would of taken it out of the shop. This is really starting to get comicial... Its pretty bad a bike that is an 08 and less than 1700 miles, its just sitting arround collecting dust and pollen.. Im a little upset, but hell I cant ride it anyway since I am over here. Hopefully I wil be home in about 7 weeks. You think it will be ready by them...The things have been going so far, Im thinking no..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife's Spyder has "Check DPS" alarm active. Took it to one dealer (name being with held) and was told that the DPS needed to be replaced and the parts were on back order. After waiting for four weeks, we pickup up her Spyder and took it to a dealership in Portland Oregon. She dropped it off last Wednesday. The service manager along with the wife got into a conference call with the manufacture. Long story short. Parts were to be shipped yesterday. Parts to arrive at dealership today. Parts to be installed tomorrow. Spyder to be picked up Tuesday. We will just have to wait and see.
    Side note. When the crankcase on my Spyder was broken during an oil change by my local dealership, it took seven weeks to get the parts to rebuild the crankcase.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 3 weeks total but 4 separate occasions- Aus

First issue was a transmission error, back to the dealer 3 times for this, even though my dealer said exactly what they fixed on the final time was what would be fixed the first time it went back. My roadside assist was never processed by CanAm or the dealer so I had to pay towing. Dealer kindly refunded this after 6 months and my threat to take them to consumer affairs.
    It ended up being the reverse light module installed for Australian standards was installed upside down and had corroded, not sure how being installed the opposite way is going to prevent water entering the electronics if it isn't a sealed module?? Great design.
    It has now been returned again this week, check engine light, running really rough, less power than a 50cc scooter. I am yet to pickup, according to the mechanic it was a faulty ECM & brake sensor.
    The great thing about this is that I am the only one in Australia hiring the Spyder and it is customers who were looking to buy a Spyder that this has occurred to. Do you think after less than a day's hire (<200km) and breaking down they are going to buy one? Mind you for AU$30,000.
    Obviously the other thing I am unhappy about is the 3 weeks lost hire income on not just this bike but two bikes, the majority (80%) of my customers go with a mate, and the days out of my business to go and pickup the bike each time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder30517 View Post
    Well my dealer finally received my new DPS unit after a 3 week wait on backordered DPS.
    Took the Spyder in on Saturday afternoon - Picked back up Monday at noon.
    I had ALL the body work off so I am sure this saved a few hours and made life easier for the techs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    I do have my scooter but a DPS has been backordered for me since June 29th. Is my post out of the scope you want to see here?
    My spyder was done on Aug 16, I am gonna try to pick it up tomorro.
    I hope this fixes it for good.
    Longlegs rides again.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have had my spyder for two years and it stays in the shop. Last month it was in the shop for shifting problems and it was there for a whole month because of backordered parts. It is currently in the shop for the same problem and they have had it going on three weeks. Evertyime I put it in the shop it is never less than two weeks before I get it back.