Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Looks fabulous. Now I have to buy a RT so I can get one of these lights.

Spyder Garage

Great looking product to add some bling as well as an additional safety feature. I was going to keep my RT-S as close to stock as possible--but this item I must have. Let us know when we can put in an order.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Installation

That really does look like original equipment, very clean and super bright.

Curious to know how this installs and how you route the wiring on a cover that hinges open and closed? Will you be posting the installation instructions on your web-site?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmcbow View Post
    Will you be posting the installation instructions on your web-site?
    Nope, we're gonna have people guess how it installs.

These instructions may not be put online for awhile , but the instructions wiil come with the units.

MM

Spyder Garage

Very nice, will you have or do you have any with the frame in gloss or satin black? Wife has silver RT AC with no chrome and would like to keep it that way. Will be seeing you at Americade

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    Very nice, will you have or do you have any with the frame in gloss or satin black? Wife has silver RT AC with no chrome and would like to keep it that way. Will be seeing you at Americade

Sorry but there are no plans for a black HMT unit as of now.

Unfortunatly most of the RTS's ether have the factory installed chrome package, or have had the BRP chrome package added to them. We have not seen enough non-chrome RT's to make the numbers work for a black production run.

MM

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    Looks fabulous. Now I have to buy a RT so I can get one of these lights.
    Sounds good to me! Cynthia can ride the RS!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Sorry but there are no plans for a black HMT unit as of now.

Unfortunatly most of the RTS's ether have the factory installed chrome package, or have had the BRP chrome package added to them. We have not seen enough non-chrome RT's to make the numbers work for a black production run.

MM
    So do know when this will on the site to order or will it be call ins at first. Plus when will the first one ship do you a ETA for them. Just what I have been looking for great job on it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question.... Is this the same unit, just offered by another vendor? Or visa versa? I am so confused http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...MT_Brake_Light

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post
    Question.... Is this the same unit, just offered by another vendor? Or visa versa? I am so confused http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...MT_Brake_Light
    Evan designs and develops these products. He has sold the business to Custom Dynamics, to concentrate on product development, but has retained the rights to sell to us here on SpyderLovers via ESI.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Evan designs and develops these products. He has sold the business to Custom Dynamics, to concentrate on product development, but has retained the rights to sell to us here on SpyderLovers via ESI.

WOW.

Nice product. When I first saw it, I was very intrigued.
    I still like it a lot, great idea, but I'm afraid that it's a little too rich for my blood.
    Not criticizing..........just saying.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ah!! Thank you for the info...

The price is higher than I would like of course. But I already had a lifted truck that almost creamed me from behind. I got off the bike and asked what happened... He claimed ho could not see my tail lights do to the angle... He was judging my by how the bike was reacting...

While this makes since, and really how many folks actually do follow us with the 4 second rule anyway? Yes he should have been following me farther back. Clearly a bike can slow down faster than a lifted 3 ton truck...

But it only takes one person to make it so I can no longer ride... So I will be buying one. Only question is from who can I get one the soonest

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Ah!! Thank you for the info...

The price is higher than I would like of course. But I already had a lifted truck that almost creamed me from behind. I got off the bike and asked what happened... He claimed ho could not see my tail lights do to the angle... He was judging my by how the bike was reacting...

While this makes since, and really how many folks actually do follow us with the 4 second rule anyway? Yes he should have been following me farther back. Clearly a bike can slow down faster than a lifted 3 ton truck...

But it only takes one person to make it so I can no longer ride... So I will be buying one. Only question is from who can I get one the soonest
    You can't do better than the ESI lights! If you can afford it, I would also recommend the mudflap lights. If I had my RTS in my possession, the third brake light and mudflap lights would be on it now.

BTW, the standard is the two second rule, in good weather. That's 102 feet at 35 mph and 204 feet at 70 mph. That exceeds the one car length for each 10 mph, that they used to teach. Seldom seen these days...tailgating is an epidemic! I wish they could still give tickets for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can't do better than the ESI lights! If you can afford it, I would also recommend the mudflap lights. If I had my RTS in my possession, the third brake light and mudflap lights would be on it now.

BTW, the standard is the two second rule, in good weather. That's 102 feet at 35 mph and 204 feet at 70 mph. That exceeds the one car length for each 10 mph, that they used to teach. Seldom seen these days...tailgating is an epidemic! I wish they could still give tickets for it.
    Thanks... As to your 2 second rule thoughts... I was a trainer for many years... The 2 second rule ended for us around the late 80's to early 90's.. The four second took over... Some today call it the "Smith System" Here is a quick link why... http://smith-system.com/articles.shtml

My state can and does ticket for this. And our new favorite... "Road Rage"... If a person is seen zig zagging in traffic, or slamming on their brakes because someone is following to close (For a few examples).. BAM... Big fine, car towed... Classes in your future...

I do realize every state is different of course.. But I live by one simple rule... Drive like I am invisible... AKA Defensive/offensive

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Thanks... As to your 2 second rule thoughts... I was a trainer for many years... The 2 second rule ended for us around the late 80's to early 90's.. The four second took over... Some today call it the "Smith System" Here is a quick link why... http://smith-system.com/articles.shtml

My state can and does ticket for this. And our new favorite... "Road Rage"... If a person is seen zig zagging in traffic, or slamming on their brakes because someone is following to close (For a few examples).. BAM... Big fine, car towed... Classes in your future...

I do realize every state is different of course.. But I live by one simple rule... Drive like I am invisible... AKA Defensive/offensive
    Interesting! They always do things differently on the West Coast. They stopped writing tickets for things like "reckless driving", "tailgating", "excessive noise", and such here years ago, after they found the standards were up to officer discretion, and were too vague to be upheld in court. Now the only tickets issued are after accidents..."speed too fast for conditions." One trip down I-94, with cars drafing like the front straight at the Daytona 500, will put fear in your heart for a lifetime. These idiots just don't get it, and our law enforcement seems powerless to stop it.

I have a solution...outlaw power steering and power disc brakes. When drivers are in fear of their lives, and have to keep both hands on the wheel just to turn a corner, things will get better. OK, I'm joking, but too many people are saved by the available technology, so they have developed bad habits...like talking on the cell phone while driving with one hand...or even while parking! End of rant!

Spyder Garage

Interesting! They always do things differently on the West Coast. They stopped writing tickets for things like "reckless driving", "tailgating", "excessive noise", and such here years ago, after they found the standards were up to officer discretion, and were too vague to be upheld in court. Now the only tickets issued are after accidents..."speed too fast for conditions." One trip down I-94, with cars drafing like the front straight at the Daytona 500, will put fear in your heart for a lifetime. These idiots just don't get it, and our law enforcement seems powerless to stop it.

I have a solution...outlaw power steering and power disc brakes. When drivers are in fear of their lives, and have to keep both hands on the wheel just to turn a corner, things will get better. OK, I'm joking, but too many people are saved by the available technology, so they have developed bad habits...like talking on the cell phone while driving with one hand...or even while parking! End of rant!
    These are some of the things that drive me to make the safety lighting items I do for my Spyders and then sell to all you good folks.

If even one of the items I have invented help people been seen better and save just one Spyderlovers life, (or even my own) it will all have been worth the long hours and hard work to bring them to market.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 05-20-2010 at 07:19 AM.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

These are some of the things that drive me to make the safety lighting items I do for my Spyders and then sell to all you good folks.

If even one of the items I have invented help people been seen better and save just one Spyderlovers life, (or even my own) it will all have been worth the long hours and hard work to bring them to market.

MM
    And we appreciate it!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    And we appreciate it!
    +1

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree. Our Driving schol teaches 3 to 4 seconds here in Ohio. I say that is the alsolute minimum.

A question you might ask your local driving school, is do they teach motorcycle awareness ? I teach a two hour block on sharing the road with motorcyles, bikes and semi trucks.
    Old Man Zues

Spyder Garage

Nope, we're gonna have people guess how it installs.

These instructions may not be put online for awhile , but the instructions wiil come with the units.

MM
    What's the latest on the RT brake light. Is it available for order? I went to your website and do not see it listed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Do u have a black one for an rs se5 09? Phantom black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    What's the latest on the RT brake light. Is it available for order? I went to your website and do not see it listed.
    psssssssssssssst http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19801

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canchess View Post
    Do u have a black one for an rs se5 09? Phantom black

Like this posts title says, the HMT is for the RTS model Spyders as your RS has no trunk.

If you have a RS model than you'll need one of these center tail light units.

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spydertaillight.html

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 05-28-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone received their ESI trunk light for the RTS yet?
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

This is the order of the information that was provided by MM for each of his updates. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by Magic Man
    Well we just finished fitting up the first Beta unit of the New Street Magic Gesesis Series LED RTS HMT Brake Light! (High Mount Third)

I have to tell you, it fits and looks even better than the CAD renderings!

I think anybody seening this would be hard pressed to not know it was factory.

This unit features 36 Genesis Series LEDs for unmatched brightness, and come in a contoured to your trunk chrome housing.

Filling in the "void" area along the trunks top edge, this is the light that BRP should have had there in the first place. It's "high mount" design is much more noticable for drivers behind you just like the third brake light in a car's rear window.

With a very easy install procedure, and plug and play connections to your RTS wiring harness. We think even those not normally confortable doing their own mods will be able to do this one no problem. Giving them a Quick Convenient, Safe and Secure installation they can do at home themselves!

Now that the Beta unit has been checked, full production will begin with the first units being for sale towards the end of the month.

We will also be offering an optional 2 in 1 harness that will allow this light to also finction as an additional running light as well as a HMT Brake Light.

So, to increase the safety and visibility of your RT, be sure to add a Street Magic HMT!

Well we just finished fitting up the first Beta unit of the New Street Magic Gesesis Series LED RTS HMT Brake Light! (High Mount Third)

I have to tell you, it fits and looks even better than the CAD renderings!

I think anybody seening this would be hard pressed to not know it was factory.

This unit features 36 Genesis Series LEDs for unmatched brightness, and come in a contoured to your trunk chrome housing.

Filling in the "void" area along the trunks top edge, this is the light that BRP should have had there in the first place. It's "high mount" design is much more noticable for drivers behind you just like the third brake light in a car's rear window.

With a very easy install procedure, and plug and play connections to your RTS wiring harness. We think even those not normally confortable doing their own mods will be able to do this one no problem. Giving them a Quick Convenient, Safe and Secure installation they can do at home themselves!

Now that the Beta unit has been checked, full production will begin with the first units being for sale towards the end of the month.

We will also be offering an optional 2 in 1 harness that will allow this light to also function as an additional running light as well as a HMT Brake Light.

The MSRP for the Street Magic Genesis LED HMT Brake Light will be $239.00, and the optional Street Magic 2 in 1 Harness will have an MSRP of $29.95.

So, to increase the safety and visibility of your RT, be sure to add a Street Magic HMT!

We now have a shipping window for the New Street Magic RT HMT Brake Light.

Units should arrive here and start shipping out from us the week of 6/14.

So, starting today we will be taking Pre-Orders for these units.

As usual, all Pre-Ordered Units will receive FREE SHIPPING!

However, this time one lucky person who places there Pre-Order before the units arrive, will receive their RT HMT for FREE!

We will draw one name from the list of Pre-Ordered units, and that lucky person will receive a Brand New Street Magic RT HMT Brake Light for FREE!

So, get your Street Magic RT HMT Brake Light Pre-Order in now!

So who knows? Maybe your HMT will be FREE!

All Pre-Orders must be placed by phone and made before units arrive and are in stock, so just call us @ (518) 859-8183.

MM