The Can-Am experience was in Rock Hill this weekend. I managed to sign up for the last remaining slot of the early morning and got the chance to ride an F3L. Glad I did - I've always loved the way they look, and I really wanted to love it but after riding it, all I can say is "meh".

Admittedly it wasn't set up for me specifically, but other than the brake pedal being too high, everything else felt ok.

The handlebars were a little long - made for an easy reach to me, but sharp corners are a reach. The couple times I managed something like "spirited" cornering, I found that my knees weren't against the body of the tryke so I had to rely more on my arms to steady myself. Apparently I need a backrest as my my back and shoulders were starting to ache a bit by the end of the 45 minute ride. But I had that issue on my RT so I expected it.

If I had bought an F3 first, I'd probably love it, but after four years on my '14 RT maybe I'm just used to it. I didn't find the F3 seat any more comfortable nor the riding position to be ideal for me. I wish they'd had an open slot on the next ride - I'd liked to have tried the new RT.

Anyway, that's my opinion - worth everything you just paid for it.