Spyder Garage

Default Lights turning off on full-lock Left - Anyone else had this?

My 2011 Spyder RT has a connection problem I think, the lights all work when I turn on the Ign. switch, but if I turn the front wheels all the way to the Left all the lights go off.... turn back just a little they all come back on. I am a retired Mechanic, and I am pretty sure it's just a bad connection somewhere around the Steering ... anyone else ever had this problem, and if so, where was it???
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-03-2023 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2011 RTS Spyder

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    My 2011 Spyder RT has a connection problem I think, the lights all work when I turn on the Ign. switch, but if I turn the front wheels all the way to the Left all the lights go off.... turn back just a little they all come back on. I am a retired Mechanic, and I am pretty sure it's just a bad connection somewhere around the Steering ... anyone else ever had this problem, and if so, where was it???
    "all the way to the left" .... I advise you don't do that, the only time I have done that was in my garage maneuvering it around. ..... I would trace the wiring (visually) to see what part of the harness is being affected, I think this will be where the issue is .... Good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-03-2023 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)