Spyder Garage

Default What do you think of this Ultimate Spyder Cup holder?

I've been away for a while, life happens! But I still love my Spyder F3S!
    When I purchased it, the dealer gave me a nice size Yeti as a bonus for my purchase. However, the cup holder I had wouldn't accommodate this size Yeti. So, I purchased a 3D printer, designed one, and printed it (the Black one). Recently though, I wanted to design one with an American Flag as the theme! I've thought about selling my "Patriot Edition" but honestly the 3D printing process is slow and I'm not sure it would be cost effective for me to sell them. (the Patriot Edition requires a filament change every hour for 13 hours, a lot of work) I CAN make the black ones cost effectively though! Plus, you can see this cup holder will accommodate most containers. So, SpyderLovers community, what do you think? Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-04-2023 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

$$.00 ?

Spyder Garage

It seems that you are trying in 3D FDM. Well with investing a bit of money and work you can have an automatic filament change. Tak a look at:
    https://www.mosaicmfg.com/products/palette-3-pro
    Also there are color changer (multi color) FDM Printers on the market.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    $$.00 ?
    Depends on specifically what you are referring to. But I’ll break it down and get back. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GuruSMI View Post
    It seems that you are trying in 3D FDM. Well with investing a bit of money and work you can have an automatic filament change. Tak a look at:
    https://www.mosaicmfg.com/products/palette-3-pro
    Also there are color changer (multi color) FDM Printers on the market.
    Fascinating! My wife is not going to be happy I saw this! Thanks Man!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    Depends on specifically what you are referring to. But I’ll break it down and get back. Thanks
    It's probably not a great idea to discuss your Selling Price to anyone in detail here.

Please be aware that actively selling products as a commercial activity thru the public pages of the Forum is frowned upon for anyone but Sponsors/Approved Advertisers - you can identify them easily, as they will have Black usernames instead of the usual Blue for Members or Green for Moderators. If you wish to become a Sponsor &/or advertise here, you'll need to fill in & submit the form found by clicking the 'Advertise on SpyderLovers' link at the top of the page or you can contact Admin via the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

However, if you just have an item or two that you've taken off/from your Spyder/Ryker or it's something else that you no longer require, you can advertise them for sale thru the 'For Sale by Owner' section/sub-forum (click on Forums up on the top Left side of the main Menu Line, then run down the Index list until you find the General Discussions section - the For Sale by Owner sub-forum is about 6th down that list. ) Once in there, please read & follow the directions in the Sticky at the top of that section & linked below:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

All that aside, your cup holder looks like a handy piece of kit; good on you for making the effort to DYI exactly what you needed/wanted!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-05-2023 at 01:39 AM. Reason: colours ;-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Fascinating! My wife is not going to be happy I saw this! Thanks Man!
    Your welcome. Zonestar (i.e. https://www.zonestar3dshop.com/produ...iy-kit-z9v5pro) has some multi-material Printers. Even Tronxy X5SA has 2 Color printers up zo 500x500x600mm of printing size. There are a hell of hotends available on AliExpress with mixing features. The hotends have a mounting head like E3D V6. Also E3D has them. Bigtreetech Octopus Boards ( https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003349571423 ) can handle up to 5 extruder steppers with Klipper and RRF support.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-05-2023 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL's iaw Forum policy

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice Cupholder

...Looks like a good design.

Good Luck with what ever you do.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It's probably not a great idea to discuss your Selling Price to anyone in detail here.

Please be aware that actively selling products as a commercial activity thru the public pages of the Forum is frowned upon for anyone but Sponsors/Approved Advertisers - you can identify them easily, as they will have Black usernames instead of the usual Blue for Members or Green for Moderators. If you wish to become a Sponsor &/or advertise here, you'll need to fill in & submit the form found by clicking the 'Advertise on SpyderLovers' link at the top of the page or you can contact Admin via the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

However, if you just have an item or two that you've taken off/from your Spyder/Ryker or it's something else that you no longer require, you can advertise them for sale thru the 'For Sale by Owner' section/sub-forum (click on Forums up on the top Left side of the main Menu Line, then run down the Index list until you find the General Discussions section - the For Sale by Owner sub-forum is about 6th down that list. ) Once in there, please read & follow the directions in the Sticky at the top of that section & linked below:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

All that aside, your cup holder looks like a handy piece of kit; good on you for making the effort to DYI exactly what you needed/wanted!
    Noted! I'm not set up to sell now anyway! Right now just trying to assess interest! Thanks for your thoughts!

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

I do a lot of 3D printing myself. I have a couple of pieces I designed that work awesome and aren't available anywhere else. People on here would buy them and they would be very cheap. One is a pad for the thumb shifter and another is a much better blinker switch button. They are printed out of TPU. Because of the policy that you have to be a vendor to sell something on this forum, the Spyder community is being deprived of something that would be very useful. And, there is no reason not to be able to sell them since they aren't available to be purchased otherwise. I can see the competition being a problem if they were, but they are not. And because they would be so inexpensive, it would not be worth the effort or expense to become a sponsor. It's just the way it is I guess.

Your cup holders look nice. But be aware of those multi material devices. They are very finicky to setup and operate. They do function, but they are not plug and play. YouTube will agree with me. This is the main reason I have not added the MMU to my Prusa. Good luck with your cup holders and whatever else you come up with!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

NOBOOT comes to mind.....................he sells his windshield arm without paying for advertising???? or just his price is not shown???
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    NOBOOT comes to mind.....................he sells his windshield arm without paying for advertising???? or just his price is not shown???
    That’s because members recommend him, Woodaddict. As far as I know he does not actively advertise his product on the site. That makes him exactly the same as Revzilla being recommended by a member to buy a helmet or aftermarket mirrors.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I do a lot of 3D printing myself. I have a couple of pieces I designed that work awesome and aren't available anywhere else. People on here would buy them and they would be very cheap. One is a pad for the thumb shifter and another is a much better blinker switch button. They are printed out of TPU. Because of the policy that you have to be a vendor to sell something on this forum, the Spyder community is being deprived of something that would be very useful. And, there is no reason not to be able to sell them since they aren't available to be purchased otherwise. I can see the competition being a problem if they were, but they are not. And because they would be so inexpensive, it would not be worth the effort or expense to become a sponsor. It's just the way it is I guess....
    Have you even looked at what it costs to become a Sponsor/Advertiser here? I reckon that if you had, and your product is as great as you claim, then you'd easily make enough sales to cover the (nominal) fee & you wouldn't be carrying on like this about it, so maybe you should??

That aside, you like having the Forum to share all this info with, don't you?? How many Sponsors do you think would bother to keep on sponsoring if anyone or worse, all & sundry could advertise here for nothing?? Why should YOU get to advertise for nothing when THEY hafta PAY?? Without our Sponsors, there really is no Forum!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Apologies for the thread hijack @golfsferr. I was simply trying to add some constructive information here.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Noted! I'm not set up to sell now anyway! Right now just trying to assess interest! Thanks for your thoughts!
    What do you think about a gyroscopic suspension of that cupholder?
    Examples:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3198097
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3431686
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3478264

With the gyscopic suspension the cup keeps upright all the time no matter how shaky the street is.