Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    NEBRASKA
    Posts
    413
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I hope it wasn't a Kenda......that's a lot of effort for that tire!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

  2. #27
    Active Member Realtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    112
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Nice looking tire!!! Got to ask what brand did you get?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M24Z5VO...roduct_details

    took it on I-10 today, Much smoother ride than the old worn out Kenda...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-01-2022 at 07:32 PM. Reason: then (a point in time) - than (a comparison or joining preposition) ;-)
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

  3. #28
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    12,471
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    Done, I will say, after watching the YouTube vids, I used blue painters tape to secure the adjustment plates at the end of the swing arm in place, it looks as if everything is aligned exactly as it was before taking it apart. took a short ride before dark, I'll make a longer run tomorrow...

    Oh, it took 4 tire shops to turn me down, then I went to Discount Tire, I was in and out of there in about 30 minutes.

    They turned you down, not because they couldn't do the job. But because they didn't want to do the job.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  4. #29
    Active Member Realtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    112
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    They turned you down, not because they couldn't do the job. But because they didn't want to do the job.
    Probably both..... couple blamed their machine. others just said, "We can't do that wheel"...
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

  5. #30
    Active Member pidjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    473
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    For folks near Knoxville, TN, Aaron Lynch at Lynchworx in Powell has BUDS and a growing Syder clientele. He mounted a rear tire for me on a wheel I carried in. He is off Beaver Creek just behind the convenience center.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

  6. #31
    Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Peter Aawen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia; Sth Aust, Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    7,527
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    For folks near Knoxville, TN, Aaron Lynch at Lynchworx in Powell has BUDS and a growing Syder clientele. He mounted a rear tire for me on a wheel I carried in. He is off Beaver Creek just behind the convenience center.
    While it's nice & even quite helpful to other members to identify people who will do this as you have above, I really hope you haven't lined him up for monstering by BRP until/unless he gives up doing this sort of thing - as has happened to others, both dealers &/or independent techs, who've been publicly 'outed' like you've just done above!!

    It's for this reason that the recommendation is that you only share this sort of info via PM!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

    Ryde More, Worry Less!

  7. #32
    Active Member Realtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    112
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    While it's nice & even quite helpful to other members to identify people who will do this as you have above, I really hope you haven't lined him up for monstering by BRP until/unless he gives up doing this sort of thing - as has happened to others, both dealers &/or independent techs, who've been publicly 'outed' like you've just done above!!

    It's for this reason that the recommendation is that you only share this sort of info via PM!
    what exactly is "monstering by BRP"?
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

  8. #33
    Active Member RangerRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Location
    Coos Bay, Oregon
    Posts
    101
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    out here in north west (ak, ca, wa, id, or, mt, nv, wy, ut, co) "Les Schwab Tire" did all my wheels no problem, I removed the wheels my self and just took them in. Because the rear wheel has a small hole they could not balance it, but I used my motorcycle balancer no problem.
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5

  9. #34
    Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Peter Aawen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia; Sth Aust, Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    7,527
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    what exactly is "monstering by BRP"?
    Just think about all the things that they could do to convince people to decide not to fit auto tires onto Spyders any more, and exclude any that are illegal &/or involve physical violence!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

    Ryde More, Worry Less!

  10. #35
    Active Member Realtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    112
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Just think about all the things that they could do to convince people to decide not to fit auto tires onto Spyders any more, and exclude any that are illegal &/or involve physical violence!
    The BRP Mafia will beat people up.... 'Come on man!

    That tire has no idea what's sitting on it. And the Spyder has no clue to what shoes it's wearing. You aren't leaning it over riding on the sidewall like a 2 wheeler...
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

  11. #36
    Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Peter Aawen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Australia; Sth Aust, Adelaide Hills
    Posts
    7,527
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    The BRP Mafia will beat people up.... 'Come on man!

    That tire has no idea what's sitting on it. And the Spyder has no clue to what shoes it's wearing. You aren't leaning it over riding on the sidewall like a 2 wheeler...
    Exactly!! Look at the threads here highlighting all the miles covered by Spyders running non-OEM tires with NO reported ill effects or accidents and telling us the non-OEM tires are returning far better performance & tire life tire as evidence! And it's not as if the pre-production Spyder's didn't start out on 'normal' auto tires in the first place - you can (or you could??) see them hanging on the wall at Valcourt! Yet we are continually having these lightly constructed, poorly quality controlled, defect prone, over-priced, difficult to balance, rapidly wearing, second-rate tires forced onto us by BRP & dealers!!

    And if you do go back thru the tire threads & look, there's no denying that many of those dealers publicly acknowledged for fitting 'non-OEM' tires often stop doing so soon after; and if they say anything about why the change, it's invariably because they've been 'advised' by BRP not to, or words to that effect! It doesn't take blind freddy to work out what's really going on!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

    Ryde More, Worry Less!

  12. #37
    Active Member Realtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    112
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Exactly!! Look at the threads here highlighting all the miles covered by Spyders running non-OEM tires with NO reported ill effects or accidents and telling us the non-OEM tires are returning far better performance & tire life tire as evidence! And it's not as if the pre-production Spyder's didn't start out on 'normal' auto tires in the first place - you can (or you could??) see them hanging on the wall at Valcourt! Yet we are continually having these lightly constructed, poorly quality controlled, defect prone, over-priced, difficult to balance, rapidly wearing, second-rate tires forced onto us by BRP & dealers!!

    And if you do go back thru the tire threads & look, there's no denying that many of those dealers publicly acknowledged for fitting 'non-OEM' tires often stop doing so soon after; and if they say anything about why the change, it's invariably because they've been 'advised' by BRP not to, or words to that effect! It doesn't take blind freddy to work out what's really going on!
    Theres a good reason to NOT go to the dealer. I'll go to the dealer as a last resort, and for something I can not do myself.
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

  13. #38
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    N.E. Fl
    Posts
    31
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Got my 215/60 15 tire from Discount Tire, NO problems with mounting, Hubby static balanced it, I performed removal/installation (1 hr. each way) Now my speedometer and GPS both agree on my speed! WIN WIN!
    Last edited by Jane1330; 11-03-2022 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Off topic & bagging another site/that sire mods...
    2016 F3-T , Blk/Rd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •