How many folks here still can their own veggies. We along with a neighbor just cleaned a canned two bushels of green beans a couple of weeks ago and today wife and I cooked up a batch of homemade salsa and will can 24 pints of that. Next on the list is beets. Yes we live near a grocery, walking distance as a matter of fact. Nothing like fresh, home canned veggies though. My folks canned when I was a kid and my wife grew up on a small farm where a trip to the grocery was for sugar, salt, and other such staples. The meat and produce for meals was grown at home. I think my kids were in high school before they realized you could actually buy jeans and dresses already made. My wife is quite the seamstress although it is becoming an expensive hobby these days. None of this was really done out of necessity, we just enjoyed it over the years. We have always been do it yourself folks and if I didn't know how to do it I would find out or call a friend that did know how to do it. This of course includes working on my Spyder and other bikes. I've had to concede a lot of automotive work to the pros though. Not much I can do under the shade tree when one of these new autos have problems.

IMG_20220806_134339430.jpg IMG_20220806_145222332.jpg