I hand mount tires for my Car, truck and Spyder. I use a manual tire mount that is available from Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply. I also use the No-Mar tire bar(best tool I own!). I also have a set of spoons that are sometimes necessary. Tires for cars and trucks are very easy. The rear tire on my Spyders are reasonably easy. The front tires on the Spyder are very difficult and definitely not for beginners. They require the use of spoons to mount and lots of muscle and care not to scratch the wheels. Tape around the wheel will help prevent damage. The No-Mar Tire Bar wont mount the front car tires for the Spyder.

I also maually balance my wheels using a balance rod and cones from No-Mar and my own homemade balance stand. It works very very well and is very sensitive. I can static balance to within 1/4 ounce. Has always worked well on my cars and trucks, and only limited experience with the spyder, but so far, good results.

If you like to do stuff yourself, you should check out the Tire Bar and balance products from No-Mar. At least watch some of the videos on youtube. It really does work as easy as the videos show. It wasn't super cheap, but it was worth the cost. Hope this helps out some of you guys who like to do the work yourself. Here is one video I found with the same setup I have: