Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have an Ultimate seat on their F3T? Pro's & Con's??

Anyone have a Ultimate seat on their Spyder F3T? What are the pros and is there any cons on them. They are costly and wanting to hear from y’all to see if it is a good investment. I do have an inflatable cover ( don’t know the brand) but it still not that comfortable. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    2018 Spyder F3T , Bright White

Spyder Garage

I do. I have used Ultimate seats for years on my VTX1800 and Gold Wing. They are good quality, and give me a little more leg room. My F3T Ultimate seat started out a little disappointing, padding-wise. I am a big guy (300lbs) and I really didn't think it had the comfort of my previous seats. I rode it, for a while with a "Butt-buffer" seat cover, and that helped a little. Now, however, I've been riding just on the seat, and I find it's much more comfortable, for longer periods. I guess it took a long time to break in. The quality of Ultimate Seats is A+. I find them to be much more comfortable than stock. However, I still need a butt-break after about an hour or two in the saddle. That's just me, though. I know if I could drop 100 lbs, I'd be able to ride longer, without a break.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

I have had Russell seats, Can Am Cannonball seat and now for the past 3 years an Ultimate tall boy seat. I can ride all day with no problems. Two years ago I did a 425 mile day followed by a 450 mile day followed by a 850 mile day. My wife liked it enough to get one for her F3L. Just our opinion and yours may vary.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I have an Ultimate seat with the driver backrest and I love it(2017 F3 limited). My hip use to ache on the stock seat. Now I can ride for hours no problem. I am a 300lb guy also and find it very comfortable. My Ultimate seat is set for tall boy. The only con is that if you order it with out the passenger backrest/slot for the passenger backrest, you can not add it later. I think it is worth the money IMO.
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Luv mine. No more sore back. Stocker would make me very sore with spine pain.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I do and love it !!!

Tommy J.
    2019 F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black