Spyder Garage

Default USB Charger For 2020 RT-L

What's everyone using to go into the blank switch hole for a usb charger?

I thought I knew what I wanted but when I went to install it, it was too small. This is what I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would rather have something that "fits" into the blank hole like it should rather than to jerry rig it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know the correct size (although it's been mentioned a few times). I would NOT use anything that has an always on voltmeter. That's drawing current 24/7 and may eventually drain your battery. I'd check with Lamonster to see what he has that might work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I don't know the correct size (although it's been mentioned a few times). I would NOT use anything that has an always on voltmeter. That's drawing current 24/7 and may eventually drain your battery. I'd check with Lamonster to see what he has that might work.
    I was going to wire it to only work with the switch on but thanks anyways.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Forget about the blank switch cover for USB. Instead get a USB splitter for your glove box and power up 2 devices at once. I can either power my camera, TomTom GPS or my Iphone at the same time depending on my needs that day. Save the blank switch cover for an on/off switch for an auxiliary light or optional driving lights. My opinion only......as we all know everyone has one.
    Currently, I'm in the process of acquiring and installing one of the coolest lights I've ever seen on a motorcycle. Pictures to come.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I ordered the garage door opener for my empty slot on mine. Cant wait to get it.

When it comes to USB you want to be carful because the USB in the dash box is used for data and power. When you split it you should have one cable for data and one for power as it splits power. I will say if you have an iPhone and do this good luck if you want to use BPConnect and charge your phone and another device with a splitter.

What I did was hardwire a USB power controller and added it to my dash box. So I still have the dedicated one for data and two unsplit powered ones for devices. I added 2 accessory fuse blocks. One is on a relay and one is constant so I can choose if I want it powered when the bike is off. It was just cheaper then ordering a $200 block that did both. I am not going to tell you what block I wired it to so I don't get yelled on here by people!!

Here is what I have.
    https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Femal...4113654&sr=8-3
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)