Spyder Garage

Default 2020 F3-S Special Volume Rocker

Can anyone with a 2020 F3-S Special (with BRP Connect Dash) confirm if their volume rocker functions?
    I have sound going to my Cardo Pactalk headset in my helmet. Its a great set up.
    I am able to control volume with the joystick just fine, but I don't think the dedicated volume rocker has ever done anything for me. It is a bit maddening, I have found that the only way to edit volume is to exit BRP connect and use the joystick, when there is a volume switch right there in front of me! It also took me a long time to figure out that the notification volume- for Genius Maps turn by turn- cannot be changed while in Genius Maps! You have to exit BRP Connect in order to edit that volume in the brief window where you are receiving notifications. I would like to know if my volume rocker is broken, or if it (by design) just doesn't do anything.

It looks like the F3-S non special doesn't have the volume rocker at all. Has anyone utilized this space for anything? Controls for heated grips would be a great use of the space.

Spyder Garage

It doesn't do anything - by design.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help. Thats odd that they bothered to add the button without connecting it to anything.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
    Thanks for the help. Thats odd that they bothered to add the button without connecting it to anything.
    I don't think it was so much 'add the button' as it was 'fail to remove the button!!' Don'tcha know there's time & effort & therefore cost involved in popping out that button & replacing it with a blanking plate!

That said, I reckon it might be worth having a look underneath that rocker button - sure, your model might not have all the features the other models have, but if BRP follows their established form, there's a good chance the wiring loom & plugs etc to connect it up are all there too - the question is, will connecting them allow you to do anything?!

On just about every other Spyder/Ryker model, those 'not used' buttons &/or blanks still have all the connectors & loom, plugs etc in place underneath; and in some cases (F3 cruise control for example) it's just a matter of getting/installing the correct switch/control unit to do a DIY upgrade on your machine!

Might be worth a shot??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White