Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
OK, your .pl address did reject the zip file. Let me know if the .eu one comes through.
Thank you again. This is huge help.

I already see there is a difference in message id between my model 2011 and yours 2014.
What is probably the same: TCM (0x220, 0x222), SAS (0x0C3)
Difference: YRS (mine 0x303, yours I don't know

VCM is sending 0x230, 0x430 and 0x020, but I don't see 0x580 and 0x581 (might be before log started)

Because of difference in YRS sensor data (which is used by ABS) it is possible that moving ABS/VCM unit from newer model to older might require installing newer YRS as well.
ABS, 3xVSS, YRS and SAS are linked together in one system. Probably newer ABS unit will not be able to read old YRS data (0x303).

0x330 - resposible for DPS, always sends same data which means that torque values are in different message.

I've tried to analyze all messages and I came up with 3 different messages (0x122, 0x150, 0x343) and one of them might be DPS torque sensor data.
To indicate precisely which one is from DPS I would need to understand how DPS works. Basically, when DPS motor is turned on and how it feels on steering.
I would expect that DPS will turn the assistance when torque is sensed, and it will try to minimize torque required to steer left or right. This would mean that I will see spike in torque applied, steering angle starts to change
and afterwards torque starts to get lower when DPS assistance is turned on. I don't see that unfortunately.

What I see is that within timespan of 12s steering is moved to right, left, right left and so on.
Data which looks like torque (0x150) changes in first 4s and later is mostly the same.
There is one bit in 0x150 which changes after 0,5s when steering is sensed, and after 2s it is back to old state.

IdahoMtnSpyder - are you able to say when DPS assist is turned on?

It would be interesting to see how my VCM will behave when I will introduce 0x150 in my CAN bus.