Quote Originally Posted by oh400ex View Post
A quick search on the forum with titles only selected for "federal" will find many results of happy customers and they are likely the cheapest tire available.
In my short time on the forum, "a quick search" and all the replies to similar questions seem to give one basic answer. It doesn't really matter WHAT tire you install, as long as it's not a K%^@. (I don't even like typing that word.) Yeah, there are a few that sing the praises of the stock tire, but some of them are held captive by a dealer that refuses to sell anything but stock. They have pretty much resigned themselves to accepting what's on the bike, but don't really know what they are missing.

"Stickiest" tire? There are many reports of "regular" tires that are sticky enough to upset Nanny. Why pay more for stickier, when they probably won't last as long?

It was suggested that you search for Federal, Yokohama and a few others. If you do that, I doubt that you find anyone that says they did not like the tire. Yeah, some have tried something else and liked it better, but the first one they tried was good, too.

Personally, I have the Vredestein Q5s. I don't know if they are the best or not. We have only put about 5000 miles on them, but they were so much better than the stock tires. I can't imagine getting any better than that, but what do I know?